Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    The GPU song in astrobot is brilliant. Been in my head all day today.

Total earworm.

The lyrics are hidden in the jungle level as well, they're great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there any difference between copying PS4 to PS5 instead of just redownloading?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Exactly, I have both new consoles so don’t know what Marty McFly is on about.

I'd imagine a lot of people on Boards will end up with both at some stage. I got a PS5 and a Series X but gave the PS to my brother and the SX to a friend because it's just to busy in work to use everything so I've stuck with my 3070 for the moment.

I'll get both early next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭McFly85

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is there any difference between copying PS4 to PS5 instead of just redownloading?

Don’t think so, and honestly with how fast it downloads games I’m not sure if it’s a huge benefit to transfer from the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Having never owned a ps3 this was my first chance to play demons souls and its fast becoming my favourite in the series (except for sekiro ). Its a brilliant game and the fast loading makes dying and warping way less tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Still waiting for delivery of mine! Thursday, DPD said he ran out of time to deliver! Friday, the excuse was that his wife went into labour and todays delivery time came and went!! So now I have to wait until monday to contact them again!! Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    The GPU song in astrobot is brilliant. Been in my head all day today.

I've had "S S D" playing in my head constantly. Never thought I'd get so much out of a controller demo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Completed Astro last night and still found myself today humming that GPU song

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

JackCDSt wrote: »
    I mean they're definitely going to release Elder Scrolls on PS5. They can't afford to miss out on the PS market after making a 7.5 billion investment. The big advantage Xbox users will have is that they'll get the games on Game Pass.

I know that's a lot more money but from a business aspect it makes perfect sense to have the elder Scrolls and other Bethesda games on Xbox only consoles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    Think I might have to stop playing Cold War: Zombies.
    Game was paused when it shut itself down, on restart it did a database rebuild.

So far, no issues playing MP, seems to be limited to Zombies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Astro , at the end obviously a little bit of an accessory sales pitch but I hope others got the reference to an 80s movie. Number 5 is alive. Johnny five , the robot from Short Circuit. Has to be ! It's a reference in the movie as he is model number 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

I know that's a lot more money but from a business aspect it makes perfect sense to have the elder Scrolls and other Bethesda games on Xbox only consoles.

IMO, Sony has Spider-Man, God of War, The Last Of Us, Horizon, Ghost, Uncharted etc etc, if making the most money on each game was their goal, Sony wouldn’t have exclusives. Exclusives (whether timed or fully) keep them the desired console of choice.

Whether or not they’re exclusive, the main thing is it’s a great position for MS to be in, with Starfield, ES6 and whatever the next Fallout is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone experiencing horrific lag spikes online? Fifa 21 pretty much unplayable for me at the moment despite very good ping pre game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Been playing days gone all day, bet into it. The pulse headset is really comfortable I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing horrific lag spikes online? Fifa 21 pretty much unplayable for me at the moment despite very good ping pre game

Fifa 21 apart from 1 or 2 matches was fine for me. On the ps4 I had bad lag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Unearthly wrote: »
    Fifa 21 apart from 1 or 2 matches was fine for me. On the ps4 I had bad lag

Cheers. It was happening on another game too. I actually got it sorted. I switched over the the 2.4 ghz internet connection and it seemed to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

gaz wac wrote: »
    Still waiting for delivery of mine! Thursday, DPD said he ran out of time to deliver! Friday, the excuse was that his wife went into labour and todays delivery time came and went!! So now I have to wait until monday to contact them again!! Crazy

Just arrived!!! He must have come straight from the hospital :-) delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

It was probably posted here, but i may have missed it.
    I now have a ps5, and the ps4 pro, but signed in with my psn account.
    I setup the ps4 up in a bedroom and let my son play on fortnite when i went back to my mancave to play days gone on the ps5.
    Wouldnt work, if i do, signs him out and vice verca.
    Is there an easy way around this?
    I had thought there was some option involving setting one as primary or similar.
    Tried disabling and renabling console sharing on ps5, both ways had same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

IMO, Sony has Spider-Man, God of War, The Last Of Us, Horizon, Ghost, Uncharted etc etc, if making the most money on each game was their goal, Sony wouldn’t have exclusives. Exclusives (whether timed or fully) keep them the desired console of choice.

Whether or not they’re exclusive, the main thing is it’s a great position for MS to be in, with Starfield, ES6 and whatever the next Fallout is.

Good point about the Sony exclusives.

So how is everyone finding the ps5?
    Does it feel next gen or just the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Feels very next gen in terms of graphics and the loading speeds for me anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The graphics and loading times are the first ones to be noticed, but the controller for me is the game changer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Put most of my time in Demon's Souls so far. Graphically it's great, game is really good and would also say the controller is excellent.

Ui is so much better now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

phill106 wrote: »
    It was probably posted here, but i may have missed it.
    I now have a ps5, and the ps4 pro, but signed in with my psn account.
    I setup the ps4 up in a bedroom and let my son play on fortnite when i went back to my mancave to play days gone on the ps5.
    Wouldnt work, if i do, signs him out and vice verca.
    Is there an easy way around this?
    I had thought there was some option involving setting one as primary or similar.
    Tried disabling and renabling console sharing on ps5, both ways had same result.

He needs his own account but the PS4 he uses needs to be set to be your primary PS4 console. Then he can play on his account but will still have access to your PS plus games tec. You can game away on your PS5.

If he doesn't already have an account be careful what date of birth you put in for him cos he can be prevented from playing certain games if he's too young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mack2.0

How ye lads?

Hopfully someone can help me.

Got the ps5 from smyths Thursday, was delighted to get it.

So far, I've messed aroudn with miles morales, demons souls, gta 5, assassin creed (Ps5 version) red dead 2(ps4 version) and watch dogs legion.

Just messed around and havnt gone far in any of them at all aroudn 1% progress, if even that in some of them.

My question is, the storage?? It says I've only 235.8 GB free??? That's after deleting any vids/pics I took in game by mistake??

If that's the case, how can I "copy" any other Ps5 game onto it without having to delete content from other games??

Lads, I havnt had a console since 2010, so I'm a bit of an "innocent boi", but I understand what storage is.

What's the story!

If anyone could help, id really appreciate it.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

^^ It only has 800GB so with a few games its gonna fill up fast. Some games are almost 150GB. Just delete the games you're not playing until you're able to upgrade the storage. But even when you are able to add more storage, its not gonna be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mack2.0 wrote: »
    How ye lads?

Hopfully someone can help me.

Got the ps5 from smyths Thursday, was delighted to get it.

So far, I've messed aroudn with miles morales, demons souls, gta 5, assassin creed (Ps5 version) red dead 2(ps4 version) and watch dogs legion.

Just messed around and havnt gone far in any of them at all aroudn 1% progress, if even that in some of them.

My question is, the storage?? It says I've only 235.8 GB free??? That's after deleting any vids/pics I took in game by mistake??

If that's the case, how can I "copy" any other Ps5 game onto it without having to delete content from other games??

Lads, I havnt had a console since 2010, so I'm a bit of an "innocent boi", but I understand what storage is.

What's the story!

If anyone could help, id really appreciate it.

Thanks lads.

Get yourself an external drive, install your ps4 games on that and leave your internal storage for your ps5 games

Ffs.. I get ya. Thanks lad. Worst thing is, I like to have the freedom to just throw in a disc of whatever and play. Say the likes of gta5, that took almost 2 hrs download time.. The thoughts of doing that multiple times. And sorry but what do ya mean by extra storage? Do ya think it'll be an software upgrade or do we have to go out and buy a hard drive? Stupid question I know but I'm out of the game for 10 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Having missed most of the recent PS4 games thanks to breaking my OG PS4 earlier this year and not wanting to replace it with the 5 on the way, what are some of the games that might be worth now playing on the PS5? And are there any that are significantly enhanced by the PS5?

What I'm thinking of playing:
    • God of War
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Outer Wilds
    • Resident Evil 2

Basically, if you had missed out on most of the PS4 era what would you most likely play from it on the PS5?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Get yourself an external drive, install your ps4 games on that and leave your internal storage for your ps5 games

So, just from the top of your head, what amount of Ps5 games can you save onto the ps5 from disk, befire you run out of space? I know it differs from game to game... Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get this supposed stick of Nvme2 SSD that looks to be compatible for PS5 around Xmas time, fingers crossed Sony have confirmed it is a go-er but the fact it is on Argos is giving me confidence it will be....

250 quid for a terabyte is day light robbery...

I think the Xbox Series X one is around same price

Advertisement