Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mack2.0

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get this supposed stick of Nvme2 SSD that looks to be compatible for PS5 around Xmas time, fingers crossed Sony have confirmed it is a go-er but the fact it is on Argos is giving me confidence it will be....

250 quid for a terabyte is day light robbery...

I think the Xbox Series X one is around same price

Right OK, and then I should transfer my Ps4 games onto that, from the ps5?? Am I right??

Mack2.0 wrote: »
    Right OK, and then I should transfer my Ps4 games onto that, from the ps5?? Am I right??

And, on that note, would anyone have the name of the SSD I need, or a link to where I could buy it in ireland? Again, out of the console world for 10yrs so I'm learning the basics again. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Ffs.. I get ya. Thanks lad. Worst thing is, I like to have the freedom to just throw in a disc of whatever and play. Say the likes of gta5, that took almost 2 hrs download time.. The thoughts of doing that multiple times. And sorry but what do ya mean by extra storage? Do ya think it'll be an software upgrade or do we have to go out and buy a hard drive? Stupid question I know but I'm out of the game for 10 yrs.

You're able to add an SSD (extra memory storage) into the PS5. None have been released yet but you'll be able to soon. But as said above, they'll be over 200 quid for an extra TB. I currently have a 1TB PS4 that I've to delete stuff to make space so it'll be worse when my PS5 arrives.

Completely understand what ya mean about wanting to be able to jump between games. PS4 games can be saved onto a regular external hard drive though (PS5 games have to be saved on the internal storage) so that may free up a bit of extra space. Like your GTA 5 and Red Dead 2 can be put onto one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

And, on that note, would anyone have the name of the SSD I need, or a link to where I could buy it in ireland? Again, out of the console world for 10yrs so I'm learning the basics again. Cheers

PS5 games at the moment cant be moved off of the machine and there's nothing to say when Sony will update that.

If you have a fair few PS4 games on your machine get yourself an external drive. Amazon have a few on sale atm. I picked this up recently https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07M67W1PH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are plenty of others though so have a look around. You don't need an SSD atm until Sony start giving us more details it would be a waste of money. It's just a case of copying over your PS4 games then and changing the setting to always download PS4 games to external storage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Don’t buy an SSD yet. It’s mad to buy one now when nothing’s been given the green light yet. Even suitable ones won’t even work in the machine for now.

If you’re playing PS4 games on the PS5, just get a standard external HDD - a portable one - with a decent amount of space and put your PS4 games on that. They’re pretty cheap, and you’ll keep your valuable PS5 storage free for actual PS5 games.

• Advertisement

You're able to add an SSD (extra memory storage) into the PS5. None have been released yet but you'll be able to soon. But as said above, they'll be over 200 quid for an extra TB. I currently have a 1TB PS4 that I've to delete stuff to make space so it'll be worse when my PS5 arrives.

Completely understand what ya mean about wanting to be able to jump between games. PS4 games can be saved onto a regular external hard drive though (PS5 games have to be saved on the internal storage) so that may free up a bit of extra space. Like your GTA 5 and Red Dead 2 can be put onto one of those[/quote

OK lovely. Progress so. You mentioned that you can save Ps4 games onto an external hard drive--but, say they're saved onto an external hard drive, can I just plug the external hard drive into the ps5 and play whatever Ps4 games are on it?? Or, do I need to "transfer" them over to the, console each time I wana play them?? If anyone can answer this, then I'm basically sorted lads thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Having missed most of the recent PS4 games thanks to breaking my OG PS4 earlier this year and not wanting to replace it with the 5 on the way, what are some of the games that might be worth now playing on the PS5? And are there any that are significantly enhanced by the PS5?

What I'm thinking of playing:
    • God of War
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Outer Wilds
    • Resident Evil 2

Basically, if you had missed out on most of the PS4 era what would you most likely play from it on the PS5?

To add to your list, but unknown if significantly enhanced, should still run better:
    • Horizon: Zero Dawn
    • Ratchet and Clank (before the new one comes out)
    • Spiderman
    • Ghost of Tsushima (gets a good PS5 upgrade, silky smooth beautifulness)
    • The Witcher 3
    • The Last of Us (and maybe 2, but haven't played that myself yet)
    • Control (get the Ultimate Edition to get the PS5 enhancements)

And No Mans Sky if you've never played it. It's amazing on the 5, but I also have history with it so compared to release it's like a different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

OK, so what I'm thinking is I'll get an 3TB external HDD from curry's and transfer my Ps4 games over onto it? Is that right lads??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Sackboy a Big Adventure is a class game ... Wish online co op was available though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm having a odd issue with the Netflix app on the PS5. It keeps defaulting to Surround 5.1 audio and as I'm just using a TV (LG C9) I can only hear some of the audio.

Is this happening to anyone else?

@ and it will not let me input either of those characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

fixXxer wrote: »
    God of War looks stunning at 60fps, I have to say.

Is that the latest GOD that would have been on PS4 Pro? I never had a PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Has anyone else heard any more updates of Sony planning to fix the external HD issues?

Kind of wary to plug in mine as it nearly bricked my housemates ps5 while playing miles Morales.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

OK, so what I'm thinking is I'll get an 3TB external HDD from curry's and transfer my Ps4 games over onto it? Is that right lads??

I'm using this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076H6TZ7L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_YdzUFbMCQYABP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm using this

OK, so say I bought that. I transfer my Ps4 games onto it. (then delete them on the ps5)

Then when I wana play a Ps4 game, do I just connect that external HD onto the ps5 and I can just play away? Or do I need to "copy" the content of the ps4 game over to the ps5 each time I wana play?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Having missed most of the recent PS4 games thanks to breaking my OG PS4 earlier this year and not wanting to replace it with the 5 on the way, what are some of the games that might be worth now playing on the PS5? And are there any that are significantly enhanced by the PS5?

What I'm thinking of playing:
    • God of War
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Outer Wilds
    • Resident Evil 2

Basically, if you had missed out on most of the PS4 era what would you most likely play from it on the PS5?

Have you played God of War before? If not stop what you're doing and play it immediately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone who hasn’t played The Last Guardian, it’s a neglected masterpiece. But if you’re intending to do so it’d be worth shelling out an extra few quid for a disc copy so you can play it in unpatched, 60 FPS goodness.

Bloodborne also required playing for anyone who hasn’t done so, but no patch to sort that out yet. Just have to make do with one of the greatest games ever with a dodgy frame rate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You can use any bog standard hard drive to play your PS4 games off with the PS5, it doesn't *need* to be an SSD, but if you wanted your games to load a bit quicker than they did on PS4 an SSD will make a difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

God I wish Sony or Ubisoft would fix the bloody PS5 disc upgrade problems....

Dying to get my viking on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't forget to play....let me check my notes....... Ace Combat 7 ;)

• Advertisement

Also, with the ps5, is there a place on it I can go in and just download a Ps4 game? Meaning somewhere I dont have to be subscribed to a monthly payment, just a one off payment for the game and download it? Where can I do that, is it the store?? Asking as I want to download abes oddysee new n tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Really wish it wasn't so big!

Not because I don't like how it looks, I love how it looks! But because when my missus wants to spend Saturday evening watching a movie, it's sitting in front of the TV staring back at me! You wait months for the thing, you finally have it and it sits there teasing me!

Hope she goes to bed early so I can get back to Spiderman!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I spent most the day in Spiderman just reacquainting myself with the city, picking up backpacks, hacking police towers, photographing landmarks etc.

Had a really lovely scene where I came across a Fisk Construction Site at dusk, along the Hudson River. Spiderman was completely cast in shadow on one side of the screen, where the intense orange sun was setting (and reflecting) off the water to the right side. The contrast was immense, and really shows off the difference in the Remaster and original.

Where can I buy a ps4 game to download as a one off payment and not a subscription..?? Is it the "store"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Where can I buy a ps4 game to download as a one off payment and not a subscription..?? Is it the "store"

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Don't forget to play....let me check my notes....... Ace Combat 7 ;)

Rumour has it that Days Gone is better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone else heard any more updates of Sony planning to fix the external HD issues?

Kind of wary to plug in mine as it nearly bricked my housemates ps5 while playing miles Morales.

Been fine for me so far. I really dunno what to make of the issues right now. Obviously there out there but id say the vast majority of people are fine.

Its a chance you take sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Best question ever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Hope she goes to bed early so I can get back to Spiderman!

Ha, same here. I've arranged to play some Warzone with one of the lads later on. So I've been topping up the missus' wine freely all night here hoping she calls it a night or just falls asleep on the couch.

Might pull a Gerry McCann special and start slipping her some cough syrup if she doesn't show signs of nodding off here soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Havent come across this so far on the thread but have ran into my 1st issue with PS5

Had MM installed, said id install COD & Valhalla

Turned on PS5 this evening and MM was gone had to copy it over again, when this was done, AC disappeared off the HDD

Has anyone encountered this installing multiple games?

Very frustrating

Advertisement