Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Havent come across this so far on the thread but have ran into my 1st issue with PS5

Had MM installed, said id install COD & Valhalla

Turned on PS5 this evening and MM was gone had to copy it over again, when this was done, AC disappeared off the HDD

Has anyone encountered this installing multiple games?

Very frustrating

I haven't had many issues and I think the ones I semi did have I created all by myself, are you using an external drive for these installs or are you using the drive inside?

Only thing I did was when copying from PS4 to 5 I queued up Destiny 2 on my phone to download and ended up downloading it on top of the copying, took a good hour but my fault for being impatient!

Stay away from rest mode if you are using external drives as they are causing issues at the moment apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Havent come across this so far on the thread but have ran into my 1st issue with PS5

Had MM installed, said id install COD & Valhalla

Turned on PS5 this evening and MM was gone had to copy it over again, when this was done, AC disappeared off the HDD

Has anyone encountered this installing multiple games?

Very frustrating

There's a few people after reporting similar in here.

So far it looks like leaving the disk in the console for 4-5 minutes at the start will kick off the copying process automatically. If you click copy yourself it seems to be causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jim Leahy

So many issues with the ps 5. should have stuck to my megadrive

Jim Leahy wrote: »
    So many issues with the ps 5. should have stuck to my megadrive

Wait for the PS5 Pro in 2023 with 8K upscaling...

:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's a few people after reporting similar in here.

So far it looks like leaving the disk in the console for 4-5 minutes at the start will kick off the copying process automatically. If you click copy yourself it seems to be causing the issue.

Hmmm ok I will try that next as I did select copy myself

Not using an external drive and havent copied over any PS4 games

And I have totally stayed away from rest mode :)

• Advertisement

Hmmm ok I will try that next as I did select copy myself

Not using an external drive and havent copied over any PS4 games

And I have totally stayed away from rest mode :)

Sorry I mean copying from disk. So let the console kick off the copying process itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Sorry I mean copying from disk. So let the console kick off the copying process itself.

Yeah I got you, ill try that later and report back thanks

Anyone who hasn’t played The Last Guardian, it’s a neglected masterpiece. But if you’re intending to do so it’d be worth shelling out an extra few quid for a disc copy so you can play it in unpatched, 60 FPS goodness

I'm desperate, I have the disc of this game, wanted to play it years ago when they announced it for PS2, then it slipped to 3 and was nearly never made and brought back from the dead for PS4 and I bought it and left it on back burner, justifying it in my own head that "they made me wait 3 console's for this game, I'll play it whenever in my own time" suppose I will give it a 60FPS rinsing...

I kept Ghost's of Tsushima for the intent of playing on PS5 also, can't wait to get stuck into that...

I gave my brother his PS5 today and he's reported back that it's massive and "half the size of my two year old" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I gave my brother his PS5 today and he's reported back that it's massive and "half the size of my two year old" :pac:

Must have a big two year old...

• Advertisement

thats a seriously huge two year old. I love the fake stories of pretend family members

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone find the PS5 reporting your tv doesn’t support 4K HDR? I’m 99.9% sure the PS4 Pro didn’t have an issue with it. In fact the PS4 pro kinda made a big deal of flicking the display black for a second while switching to 4K HDR when booting a game that supported it.

Using the same HDMI port but with the cable supplied with PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

If you're using a samsung this may help.

https://youtu.be/7rMovlvGGrg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sackboy a Big Adventure is a class game ... Wish online co op was available though

I'm loving this to. For once I'm trying to complete each level perfectly so getting very addicted to it

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Anyone who hasn’t played The Last Guardian, it’s a neglected masterpiece. But if you’re intending to do so it’d be worth shelling out an extra few quid for a disc copy so you can play it in unpatched, 60 FPS goodness.

Can you elaborate on this? What’s wrong with the digital version?

Its the biggest baby in history,

It competes with he wife who paid 700e for a ps5.

Keep the fake family stories coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Batesy wrote: »
    Anyone find the PS5 reporting your tv doesn’t support 4K HDR? I’m 99.9% sure the PS4 Pro didn’t have an issue with it. In fact the PS4 pro kinda made a big deal of flicking the display black for a second while switching to 4K HDR when booting a game that supported it.

Using the same HDMI port but with the cable supplied with PS5.

Hdr may have turned itself off, try the settings on the tv and make sure hdr is on for each of the hdmi slots!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Batesy wrote:

Go into settings for whatever HDMI port your in, mine was under advanced settings and had to change the input to HDMI 2.1 it was set to auto or 1.4 or something. Google Xbox HDMI not showing 4k and there's loads of threads on how to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Can you elaborate on this? What’s wrong with the digital version?

Subsequent patches, and the digital version you'd download right now, introduced frame rate caps. Original retail version didn't have a limiter in place, so if you play it without allowing any updates, the PS5 will rocket it along at a relatively consistent framerate.
    Downloadable version would need to be specifically patched to unlock in the same vein.

Worth exploring. One of the very best PS4 titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So in the quietness of the sitting room while I work, I can hear the PS5 in rest mode. Little whirr from the fans while they keep spinning. Not sure if anyone else would notice it, I seem to have an ear for very low noises. Not worried, the 4 was the same and makes some sense, just hope it's not an indicator of what I'll hear if the heat dissapation doesn't work as expected for as long as expected (my Pro was quiet when I got it and a year or two into it it started turning into a jet).

Just to note, there's nothing downloading, nothing attached to charge, and no game or app suspended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was looking at my PS4 saves I see some show as game not installed so have to go into it to see what the save is for. Picks up any you have in your library like from Plus even if not installed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Got the platinum on Astro tonight, albeit with the help of a guide for most of the hidden trophies and the in-game help for a selection of the puzzle pieces/artefacts. The first platinum I’ve ever gotten on any PlayStation game!

It’s a game I never, ever would have purchased myself but wow, what a fantastic few hours of gaming that was and it might open my mind up to trying more than my usual go-to sports games!

I throughly enjoyed the nostalgia and throwbacks. Some great memories from the artefacts and the controller was amazing. Herself would have little to no interest in gaming but couldn’t help but be impressed at the effects of Astro walking along the sand and swimming in the sea with the Dual Sense.

I would definitely pay for a sequel presuming it was a bit longer. It was a superb introduction to next-gen having that free to play from the off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Just got my ps5. Has latest patch sorted rest mode issues? I'm not importing anything from ps4 or using ext drive.. thx

Sorry if already asked... so I've a huge catalogue of games in my long subscription to ps plus. Are these available to play on my ps5?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sticker wrote: »
    Just got my ps5. Has latest patch sorted rest mode issues? I'm not importing anything from ps4 or using ext drive.. thx

No patch yet that I'm aware of, but I've been using it fine for the last couple of days, but just to be sure I've started to power down instead.
    sticker wrote: »
    Sorry if already asked... so I've a huge catalogue of games in my long subscription to ps plus. Are these available to play on my ps5?

99% of games from the PS4 should work on the PS5, with some getting either free or paid upgrades.

After a bit more of intent listening, I seem to have the coil whine noise. Reports are suggesting it should be fine, it's barely audible and sometimes it sorts itself out. Time will tell. Thank feck for Irish Consumer Law and its generous timeframes, should it be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Mine is the same. I also have loud coil whine when playing any game. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,974 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Put a few hours into ACV last night, no bugs or system issues for me. Runs well, looks lovely, little to no loading times, all very pleasing. The controller is is the biggest difference for me from last gen, it just feels so much more natural than the DS4, superb bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Regarding the coil whine, some people are reporting that they thought they had some with their own system, only to find out that there's a loose sticker or something in the fan housing being buffeted by the airflow. So it's giving off something of a drone/hum which is fixed by removing the sticker (someone else said it's the fan's wire which you can see in the official teardown video). You might be able to check for it by removing the side panel?

Its still a staple of mine (albeit not terribly popular) but without any patching Divison 2 runs smooth as butter...

• Advertisement

Anyone order the PS5 plates as yet? Went for the matt black here - shipping in a week or so...

Probably posted before but some nice kits here:
    https://www.customizemyplates.com/

Advertisement