Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,106 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I gave Gran Turismo another go there with my wheel setup, it is by far the best VR experience of the three games I have (the other two being horizon and Kayak). Unfortunately it's also the one where you notice the lack of fidelity and poor image quality the most, by far. Another 15 or so years until they can fix all of that and it will be truly amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Horizon looks class on it albeit a bit blurry for me and unfortunately the one game that's giving me motion sickness so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

How good is kayak ?

Nfl pro era is class although a bit limited . hope there's a 2nd game and they can build on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Bought the thumper upgrade today and its very good. It makes great use of the headset rumble feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Not sure if it's just my peripheral vision but my right eye really notices the gap between lens.

Tried fiddling around with the dial and bringing the lens closer to my eyes but can still see it.

Anyone else have this issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Between your eyes? I get the same if I look to the side enough. I do stop noticing it if I look more into the distance but it's immersion breaking when it shows up.

One thing I noticed I was doing wrong was wearing the strap like a headband. You really do need it at almost a 45degree angle from forehead to back of the neck and it helps with a lot of the sweet spot issues.

Yeah between my eyes.

More noticable when in menus than during gameplay thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭WTF...

I’m having the very same issue, I’m surprised at how poor the image quality is. I thought there was something wrong with my headset. I’ve tried all the adjustments but I can never get the peripheral edges to be clear. Its most noticeable for text on the game startup screens which is almost unreadable. I don’t wear glasses but I had laser surgery about 10 years ago.

I definitely think people are wearing the headset a bit incorrectly lke I was. I spent a while getting it right today. Front bit up above the forehead (actually above the hairline) and the strap right down to the back hairline. The visor has to be at 90° but it makes a huge difference to the blurring.

Any tilt just makes the blur much worse even in the sweet spot.

Played the drum game demo today. It's great . Actually feels more like playing drums than rock and ever did.

I'm really good at finding the sweet spot. No problem with blurring.

Being able to see the black part of the lens is the only problem I have.

Played 4 more hours of Horizon.

It's really great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Yeah the black part of the lense isn't great for the field of view, probably isn't so bad in some games but in GT7 I found myself wanting the camera to be back a little bit. Didn't see any settings to move the position like there is in the normal in race display options?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hold down the options button to reset the view, but as you're doing that, look down at your in game 'knees', when it resets you should be sitting further back and higher from the steering group wheel.

The converse possibilities are there too, nothing like cruising round in your whip with your gangsta lean on

Just bought myself some ginger root pills for nauseau. Have barely been able to play the headset since I got it, hopefully these help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jj880

Do you have Moss: Book II? A good game to avoid nauseau as you're in a fixed position while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Bought some travel sickness tablets myself today to try 😂

I've found turning down the brightness helps. Turn up in game brightness to compensate if it's an option.

Few other settings here

https://youtu.be/C5OuE41WfsM

Well those ginger pills didn't do much good, played gran turismo for maybe 15 minutes and then had to go lie down for a bit. I bought it mainly for racing games but I'll probably give those a rest for now, I don't think horizon makes me as ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I had to take motilium last weekend as I felt seriously sick. Motion sickness is awful because it doesn't just go away for me, I'm seriously out of commission unless I lie down or take something.

I wonder if there will be an update to slow down the camera movement or something, maybe a wider field of view or even 90fps mode?

Do ye normally get car sick, or is it just VR that's doing it?

I've seen some games have extra comfort settings. Turn off free walking and smooth turning. Make sure it's outputting at 120 fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Which tracks were you playing, changes in elevation and sharp direction, like the nordschlief, make it worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

Folks can we have a seperate thread for VR2? I plan on getting one at some point but i dont think this thread is the place to chat about it.

Sorry to be "that guy".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm lucky that it has never affected me from the first minute I played the vr1, my wife however can't manage more than about 5 minutes with a realistic game. Things like astrobot, drums rock etc are fine for her. GT, COTM and Resident evil are a big no-no and the headset is off within 5 minutes.

I did one lap of the rally courses which I immediately knew was a bad idea, the car is sliding left and right as well as moving forward. This is kind of a shame as the new WRC game from Codemasters coming out this year was probably the one game I wanted to see on psvr2 the most but it's also looking like the one that will make me the most ill.

Then I tried that new Grand Valley Highway track in one of the group 1 cars, I didn't last too long at that. Was my first time trying a group 1 car in VR, fairly claustrophobic in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Changelog

New Social Features

Join a Discord Voice Chat on Your PS5 Console. You can now join Discord voice chats on your PS5 console and easily chat with friends on most other gaming platforms. To start, link your Discord and PlayStation Network accounts from your PS5 console, PlayStation.com, or Discord app on Windows, Mac or mobile device following these steps. Then, use the Discord app on your mobile device or computer to get a Discord voice chat going on your PS5 console (make sure your Discord app is updated to the latest version). You can also let your Discord friends see when you're online and what you're playing.

Note: if you've linked your PlayStation Network and Discord accounts in the past to display what game you're playing, you'll need to link your accounts again on your PS5 console to grant the new permissions needed for Discord voice chat. If you participated in the system software beta and have already linked your accounts during the beta period, you don't need to link them again.

Start or Request a Share Screen from Your Friend's Profile. You can now send a Share Screen request or start sharing your screen with a friend, directly from their profile. Simply select the Share Screen icon on your friend's profile to start a new session.

New "Join Game" Icon in Party Chats. On the voice chat card, a joinable icon will be displayed for party members playing a game you can join. You can join the game directly by selecting the player, and then selecting [Join Game] from the menu

New "Friends Who Play" Tile. In game hubs, you can now see which of your friends have the game, who is currently online, and who is currently playing the game. By selecting the tile, you can see what your friends are doing now, and you can also access your friends' profiles, where you'll be given more interaction options.

Manually Upload Game Captures to PlayStation App. You can now manually select and upload individual screenshots or game clips to PS App from your PS5 console, then easily share them on social media or with your friends.* This feature complements the auto-upload functionality that currently exists on PS App.

New Gameplay and Personalization Options

Variable Refresh Rate support for 1440p. You can now enjoy smoother visual performance when using a VRR-compatible HDMI 2.1 display at 1440p resolution, when playing a game that supports VRR.**

We've also made some updates to the parameters of the PS5 console's 1440p output test, enabling 1440p support for a wider range of HDMI displays.

To check if your HDMI device is compatible, go to [Settings] > [Screen and Video] > [Video Output] > [Test 1440p Output].

Game Library Enhancements.

You can now also sort and filter games when adding games to a gamelist.

You can use filters in your library to easily find PS VR games, as well as PS VR2 titles when PS VR2 launches later this month.

Game Presets for Multiplayer Session Preferences. You can set your preferences to manage who can join and who can invite other players to multiplayer sessions you've created for supported games.

Go to [Settings] > [Saved Data and Game/App Settings] > [Game Presets] > [Online Multiplayer Sessions], and select your preferences in [Who Can Join] and [Who Can Invite].

New Accessibility and Ease-of-use Features

PS4 to PS5 Saved Data Migration. We're making it easier for you to access your PS4 saved data on your PS5 console through two ways:

When you download or install a PS4 game on your PS5 console, a notification that PS4 saved data is available in your PlayStation Network cloud storage will appear (if your PS5 console doesn't already have saved data for the game). Simply select the notification to download your saved data.

When you download or install a PS5 game that can load PS4 saved data, such as the PS5 version of a game that was also released on PS4, the same notification will appear (if the game supports this feature).

(Note: online storage for saved data requires a PlayStation Plus subscription)

PS5 to PS5 Data Transfer. You can now easily transfer the data on your PS5 console, including games, saved data, user profiles, settings, screenshots, and videos, to another PS5 console using a local Wi-Fi network or a LAN cable. You can either transfer the data during the initial PS5 console setup or later from the settings menu. This process doesn't remove or modify the data on your original PS5 console.

Screen Reader Improvements. The screen reader now gives more detailed guidance when navigating the console. It will now tell you which direction you can move from the currently selected component, as well as your current position in a component with multiple items. Additionally, when using the screen reader to view web pages, you'll now see borders around the section that's being read aloud.

Wireless Device Update for DualSense Wireless Controller. You can now update the DualSense wireless controller device software with a wireless connection. If you have trouble updating the device software wirelessly, connect your controller to your PS5 console using the USB cable to update it. You'll be able to update wirelessly for the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I see there's a guide on adding additional M.2 storage to the PS5

Seems pretty straightforward, although there's a lot of minimum requirements so I could see finding a drive that meets them being tricky

A quick Google did find a list of compatible drives which should make things easier

The console does come with plenty of storage, but it's pretty cool that Sony are enabling people to expand storage it they want

I remember this was an option on the PS3 where you could replace the internal hard drive, but I think it wasn't supported by Sony and could void the warranty

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wireless update for the controllers is the best part of the update for me. That was a nuisance, especially when you usually flip between two controllers when the battery starts going on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It's been available a while now. I installed a TB a couple of months ago, very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hardest part was trying not to strip the crappy screws Sony used. I put in a 2TB WD SN850 and the Sabrent heat sink. The design on the Sabrent heatsink is great. You put your drive in then place the heatsink on top and it replaces the steel plate covering the ssd compartment.

• Advertisement

RE4 Remake Demo shadow dropping today. Will be tough to resist playing it.

Advertisement