Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Greenfield, yes I'd like to learn more about that as well because I've a ps plus on my secondary UK account.

So far I was able to log into it and download a free ps game from this month but it's showing locked now when I sign back over. Wasn't that way on the PS4.

Now I'm installing RDR2 right now so can't really check until that's done but here's hoping. Imagine having to drop another 60 quid on a fresh sub.

EDIT. Think I've found it. Sign into your PSplus account and go to user and accounts and then other and then console sharing and offline play.

On my main user that was enabled but on my ps plus user it was not. I've now enabled that and now the ps game I downloaded isn't locked.

Is that it? Give me a like and subscribe to my channel. You guys rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got my console delivered and have it downloading Bugsnax and Spider Man now.

My one seems to be a bit loud but I'm hoping it'll quieten down once I have my disk version of miles morales installed.

Did get a corrupted harddrive error but it was back up and running within 15 seconds.

For placing it on the stand horizontally, does it just connect with the two little clips ? That's how I did it but it seems fairly shaky, also I already hate the disk drive being obscured under the white piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Apologies for the repeat question but it's gotten lost in the madness on the last thread..

Those that ordered pulse headset from curry's the other day have ye recieved any update? I've no order on my account to check the status of! I've emailed them but as expected zero reply

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Has anyone managed to upgrade the PS4 disc version of AC Valhalla to the PS5 version for free? I can't see an upgrade option anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got it set up on temporary basis. Original placement planned was foiled by short Hdmi lead. But will need to rearrange things anyway when the camera adapter arrives

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

lertsnim wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to upgrade the PS4 disc version of AC Valhalla to the PS5 version for free? I can't see an upgrade option anywhere.

Not sure if this will work.

With disk in PS5 go to Valhalla on the store, see if there is a download option.
    If there is, click on the 3 dots beside download and there should be an option to download PS5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not sure if this will work.

With disk in PS5 go to Valhalla on the store, see if there is a download option.
    If there is, click on the 3 dots beside download and there should be an option to download PS5 version.

Unfortunately it is only offering full price downloads. Probably just a glitch that will be rectified

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

Got mine today setting up right now... The packaging was laughingly bad tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Lucky Buggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd have preferred it they stuck with the disc drive being the same way around as other vertical playstations.

It's like they installed it assuming everybody would have console horizonal. Either way, I'll get used to it but I did put the first disc in the wrong way. Oh it didn't like that one bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Sorry for the stupid question

Have digital version of the Witcher 3 but I only see PS4 option available. Is this the enhanced version that cd projekt said would be include enhancements? Or should I be waiting for one that says “PS5” a la CoD version problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CollieD92

Berty wrote: »
    PS5 would drive you mad or at least me.

Didn't get around to turning it on till about 11am even though I had it at 8:28am. Some would be angry to hear that. I was trying to buy another one online, of course I was(Nephew is due one from Santa)

So the Samsung 4K TV really really doesn't like the PS5 and Vice Versa. It really wouldn't accept the system until I had Game mode on, it was a black screen of death for quite a while till I figured it out then told me HDR didn't even work on my TV. That was some other lost time as well. Sorted that. Yes I missed the first power on screen but I got around that by doing a factory reset because of the next issue I created for myself.

Then it stalled the PS4>PS5 Transfer so like a complete idiot I powered one off and for a while bricked the PS4. It got trapped in transfer mode even with multiple restarts, power cable out etc. Eventually found I had to do a Safe Reboot by holding down the power button when off for about 10 seconds and then I updated the firmware and all was good. It was all because I wanted to speed up the transfer by connecting a LAN cable.

For now it's too early to say but I'm coming from a day one PS4 to a day one PS5 so I know I'll like it. I did play a bit of Astro, meh. It is as Meh as the first Astro way back when. Something to entertain yourself while the rest of the your discs/games install I suppose.

Got a few mins into Valhalla, yes it looks great. But I shall return with HDR on and have another look .

What model Samsung is it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was playing Cold War Zombies when it shutdown.
    Took a minute to power back on and it did a rebuild.

Reading about too many of them on here for my liking.

Was working flawlessly when I was playing Demon's Souls earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CollieD92

Sorry for the stupid question

Have digital version of the Witcher 3 but I only see PS4 option available. Is this the enhanced version that cd projekt said would be include enhancements? Or should I be waiting for one that says “PS5” a la CoD version problems :)

Not out until next year unfortunately, same as Cyberpunk 2077 PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Spiderman is excellent so far. Went for the 30fps but better graphics option.

Just noticed there while updating Warframe, the copying is still taking ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Quick one. I have 2 PS4s - One Pro downstairs and another in the attic for my son (primary) so he can play online on hios profile with my Plus subscription.

Do I need to make the new PS5 (if GS ever send it) a primary to work or can I continue to use this same setup?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Already missing the ‘hold down PS button to access power options” feature. I mean it’s not complicated on the PS5, but muscle memory and all that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Hmm. So I've finished the set up, updated the console and controller firmware etc, then I started to look around the UI/PS Store etc. and my console has slowed to a crawl.

I'm hoping it's just because Miles Morales is currently installing from the disk, which also seems to be taking quite a while to do, and that it bounces back after that's done.

Maybe the FUD from other people reporting trouble has gotten to me and I'm worrying over nothing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also, just 1 download at a time??

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

lertsnim wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is only offering full price downloads. Probably just a glitch that will be rectified

Same here. Watched a video of an Aussie guy upgrading his Valhalla PS4 copy and the option just doesn’t exist on my store.

I think it’s not recognising that the PS4 disc is inserted so not giving me the option to upgrade? Tried with Watchdogs as well and it’s the same.

Hopefully they get it fixed ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Random one. Has anyone come across a long 4 meter charging cable for the PS5 controllers. Had two for the PS4 ones, but the PS5 charging cable is a different type. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Set up was fairly easy, thought it was a nice touch that you could enter a disc if you had one so it could install in the background while you set everything else up, so I popped in Miles Morales. I was a bit concerned at the noise coming off the console after I'd set it up, and wasn't sure if that was just the game being installed, or if I had a dodgy unit. Thankfully, once the game finished installing (pretty quickly too), it quietened way down and I'm very impressed with that aspect of it now.

Played the cooling springs level of Astro while other stuff got set up in the background. Will definitely be returning to finish it off, a fun little game with loads of playstation easter eggs and a great showcase of what the Dual Sense can do. Even after reading all the reviews of it, it's still a bit mad to feel it in your hand. Played the start of Miles then, it looks and plays class. Playing on performance mode - I know ray tracing looks nice and all but I couldn't imagine going back to play it on 30fps now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The HDMI cable that came with the PS5 is only just long enough for my setup.
    Any further away and I'd have had to put the PS5 within arms reach of a 2 year old Destroyer of Worlds!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also, just 1 download at a time??

Was this not the same on PS4? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just got delivery of both of the PS, for me and my brother. I was on a call with work, dying to get off the phone as I seen him going into the van. Just had to say sorry I have to go I have a delivery :D

Delivery driver "Jesus these must be special, I've been delivering them all day!"

Game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Slight hum constantly off my console when playing any game. Ye have this also? Was hoping it would be silent. Maybe I'm just aware of it now and will get used to it. It goes away when no game is being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wing126 wrote: »
    Was this not the same on PS4? :confused:

No, definitely multiple downloads. ps4, 3 i think. Granted, they all slowed down.

Is there an option I might be missing to customise the home screen? Like move game tiles around/hide stuff I won't use?

Slight hum constantly off my console when playing any game. Ye have this also? Was hoping it would be silent. Maybe I'm just aware of it now and will get used to it. It goes away when no game is being played.

Disc or Digital? If it's disc, it's probably the disc reader.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    No, definitely multiple downloads. ps4, 3 i think. Granted, they all slowed down.

Hmm, thought it was only the one on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Wing126 wrote:
    Disc or Digital? If it's disc, it's probably the disc reader.

Disc but happens also when no disc inserted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

First issue, when closing MM got stuck on the “closing game/app” screen for 5 minutes. Had to unplug and restart

Small issue but not ideal

Advertisement