Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Mr Crispy wrote:
    Regarding the coil whine, some people are reporting that they thought they had some with their own system, only to find out that there's a loose sticker or something in the fan housing being buffeted by the airflow. So it's giving off something of a drone/hum which is fixed by removing the sticker (someone else said it's the fan's wire which you can see in the official teardown video). You might be able to check for it by removing the side panel?

I saw that video. The noise in his appears to be a different noise to the "coil" noise a lit are experiencing. I'm wearing headphones playing so can't really hear it but could if I was playing with just tv sound which is annoying.

I have emailed smyths just as a precaution to see what woukd be the story with return etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw that video. The noise in his appears to be a different noise to the "coil" noise a lit are experiencing. I'm wearing headphones playing so can't really hear it but could if I was playing with just tv sound which is annoying.

I have emailed smyths just as a precaution to see what woukd be the story with return etc.

Let us know how you got on. I tolerated my pro fan noise until it became unbearable but by the time i contacted Sony, i was a few weeks out of warranty so will be keeping a closer eye (ear) on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Anyone having issues with ps4 save game data not feeding down to your ps5? Did the download from cloud of my saves, but both Wreckfest and Days Gone don't have my save game data (trophy progress is there ok)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sticker wrote: »
    Anyone order the PS5 plates as yet? Went for the matt black here - shipping in a week or so...

Probably posted before but some nice kits here:
    https://www.customizemyplates.com/

That would be a waste of money for me.
    The only time I'll see my PS5 is when I put a disk into it, hidden behind the tv.

I do like the stardust one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sticker wrote: »
    Anyone order the PS5 plates as yet? Went for the matt black here - shipping in a week or so...

Probably posted before but some nice kits here:
    https://www.customizemyplates.com/

Didn't they run into legal issues with Sony and had to cancel all orders?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Let us know how you got on. I tolerated my pro fan noise until it became unbearable but by the time i contacted Sony, i was a few weeks out of warranty so will be keeping a closer eye (ear) on this one.

Zero-Cool wrote:

Will do, said could be 48 hours until i get a response. You still have the noise also zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with ps4 save game data not feeding down to your ps5? Did the download from cloud of my saves, but both Wreckfest and Days Gone don't have my save game data (trophy progress is there ok)

Same is happening to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Can anyone confirm for me the copy phase is still there for downloads and it takes awhile?

Was just reading an article saying its still about. Mentioned having to wait 24mins for a destiny 2 update to copy

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I don't play either of those games, but with borderlands, you had to upload your save from in game, log into borderlands and then click upload option on the main menu of the game!
    Then download the Ps5 version and it then gives you the option to download the file when you log in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

No patch yet that I'm aware of, but I've been using it fine for the last couple of days, but just to be sure I've started to power down instead.

99% of games from the PS4 should work on the PS5, with some getting either free or paid upgrades.

After a bit more of intent listening, I seem to have the coil whine noise. Reports are suggesting it should be fine, it's barely audible and sometimes it sorts itself out. Time will tell. Thank feck for Irish Consumer Law and its generous timeframes, should it be needed.

How long is the timeframe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Some more little tips'n'shiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads just an update on my "Copying Issue" I contacted Smyths as my issue was particularly bad...none of the internet fixes worked and to their credit I got a "BRAND NEW" PS5 yesterday morning at 9am.

Very happy with the service and I cant help feel I was a very lucky boy!

No issues at all with anything, games went on straight away and no noise from anywhere.

CHUFFED!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads just an update on my "Copying Issue" I contacted Smyths as my issue was particularly bad...none of the internet fixes worked and to their credit I got a "BRAND NEW" PS5 yesterday morning at 9am.

No issues at all with anything, games went on straight away and no noise from anywhere.

CHUFFED!

You did well, surprised they even had any spare but maybe kept very small allocation for that reason..... most other retailers would give you €500 and see you on your way

Credit to smyths though, they know what they’re at

Wonda-Boy wrote:

Wonda-Boy wrote:

Wonda-Boy wrote:

Thats brilliant. I was just over with them about the noise from mine. They just referred me to sony. Currently in a queue to speak to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Didn't they run into legal issues with Sony and had to cancel all orders?

I think they're only selling Vinyl skins now not the actual plates so maybe that's how they're getting around it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will do, said could be 48 hours until i get a response. You still have the noise also zero?

I have this issue too, and bought mine from smyths so will be very interested to hear what they say to you.

I've to get it sorted but I don't want to send it off to Sony and have to wait weeks and weeks for it back.

Yeah but it's minimal to the point i believe that's just the way it sounds bit i also said that with the pro. Maybe I'm more accepting of it because of the noise of the pro but interesting to see if there is some kind of issue. As for now, i have no issue with the console noises.

I actually called into the store there as I just want to get it sorted now ASAP, has ruined the launch experience for me really. They said Sony have asked them to refer faulty queries to them. He gave me this number 016917379. I'm currently in a queue waiting to speak to someone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the main noise from my ps5 is the disc drive when reading discs, especially when starting up any game. This goes away after a few minutes but can't help but think Sony could have made the disc alot quieter. I have both consoles and love them equally but the Series X is without a doubt a quieter machine, especially when reading discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Havent come across this so far on the thread but have ran into my 1st issue with PS5

Had MM installed, said id install COD & Valhalla

Turned on PS5 this evening and MM was gone had to copy it over again, when this was done, AC disappeared off the HDD

Has anyone encountered this installing multiple games?

Very frustrating

So, just turned on my PS5 that was in rest mode and Demon Soul's has disappeared...

Only reason it ended up in rest mode was because I was drunk going to bed....

Has to be related to the firmware...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I actually called into the store there as I just want to get it sorted now ASAP, has ruined the launch experience for me really. They said Sony have asked them to refer faulty queries to them. He gave me this number 016917379. I'm currently in a queue waiting to speak to someone.

"Have asked" is just a way of fobbing you off, your contract is with the retailer not the brand/manufacturer the onus is on Smyth's to repair/replace/refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Spider-Man Remastered and the PS4 version have just been updated to support save transfer between PS4 and PS5.

First you must update the PS4 version to 1.19, then upload the game save when on the save selection screen.

The PS5 version must also be updated to 1.001.000 to allow save downloads.

The PS5 and PS4 versions can be installed at the same time on PS5 by going to the Remastered game page, selecting the 3 dots next to "Play", selecting "PS4 Full", then download.

All trophies auto-unlock on PS5 when transferring a PS4 save. The new PS5 exclusive add-on trophies also auto-unlock if requirements were met on PS4 save.

The down side on this is that you clearly need the PS4 disc to make this work. Will have to find a mate who still has it. Bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Spider-Man Remastered and the PS4 version have just been updated to support save transfer between PS4 and PS5.

First you must update the PS4 version to 1.19, then upload the game save when on the save selection screen.

The PS5 version must also be updated to 1.001.000 to allow save downloads.

The PS5 and PS4 versions can be installed at the same time on PS5 by going to the Remastered game page, selecting the 3 dots next to "Play", selecting "PS4 Full", then download.

All trophies auto-unlock on PS5 when transferring a PS4 save. The new PS5 exclusive add-on trophies also auto-unlock if requirements were met on PS4 save.

The down side on this is that you clearly need the PS4 disc to make this work. Will have to find a mate who still has it. Bit annoying.

Just did it there, I had digital copy of both games, all trophies popping now for remastered. Quickest platinum I ever earned :)

Bollox since i sold my ps4, no way for me to update my game. Can't i just use my cloud save?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Kremin wrote: »
    I think they're only selling Vinyl skins now not the actual plates so maybe that's how they're getting around it

You should read this post by dbrand over on Reddit, who would probably be the industry leaders when it comes to skins for consoles, laptops, phones etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbrand/comments/jtu0fy

In short, they're not doing PS5 skins yet because they look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Bollox since i sold my ps4, no way for me to update my game. Can't i just use my cloud save?

If you still own the PS4 copy of the game you can do it all on the PS5.

Varik wrote: »
    If you still own the PS4 copy of the game you can do it all on the PS5.

I don't, i might be able to get a loan of a disc of i ally around but not planning on getting MM til Christmas anyway so have plenty of time.

The little movie scenes in astro are so good. I literally just stood and watched the resident Evil one over and over, so class.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Anybody playing FIFA 21 on the PS5 and notice any improvement in gameplay ? I’m playing weekend league on the PS4 and it’s a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The little movie scenes in astro are so good. I literally just stood and watched the resident Evil one over and over, so class.

More fun messing with them. Like for Resident Evil, just hit the door to open it. Similar with the MGS one where you hit the box.

Advertisement