Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was quite looking forward to Mirage but there’s something cheap looking about it, can’t quite describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

More ****ing cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Absolutely no interest in AC anymore and I loved the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It will the first time I will play an Assassin's Creed game on my Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Granblue Fantasy now. And not a gacha or fighting game this time.

• Advertisement

Dead Cells sequel?

Dragon's Dogma II, let's go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jj880

Waiting for Team Asobi to flash on screen like its Christmas Eve. Long shot I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I wonder if R* will announce more DLC for GTA Online? 🤓

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

lots of sequels to games I've never heard of. guess I'm out of touch

The Marathon rumours were true. Wonder if it's multi-platform.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A lot of very excited 90s Macintosh owners seeing a Marathon revival.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Should be, it was one of Bungies conditions that they remain multiplatform.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

New Gran Turismo looks so lifelike...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Well that was very very underwhelming.

*checks puddles*

Spiderman will be good but it'll suffer from the same repetitiveness as the first.

Honestly couldn't get enough of the first game so I'll take it.

Well that looks brilliant, can't wait for more Spider-Man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

That is one hell of a reveal trailer to one of the best games ever made. Can't wait. I just hope Snake is Hayter and not Sutherland

Very good showcase, a bit of something for everyone and quite a few games (new and old) that I'm looking forward to. A bit disappointed with no TLOU Factions but otherwise, a pretty good hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Was pretty good. Appreciate it was all trailers and no talking crap. Disappointed that some of the "leaked" games weren't on there, but kinda expected it for most of them. Very disappointed at no Astro... Some games interest me, others not so much. But there's definitely a good slew of different games on the way. I'll stick by my magic is the new zombies.

Edit: Beat Saber available now apparantly, and confimation of the MGS collection. I'll probably end up waiting for streaming inclusion for them. Didn't like 3 when I first played it when it released, but completed it with the HD collection years later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

How dare you disrespect the Amiga. 😂

Cat Quest is originally a mobile game, the sequel too I think.

Actually Astro would have been great to see. Might give it a play again over the weekend.

Disappointing overall, I thought. A couple of gems in there I'm interested in, sure. But for an hour+ show, there were very few standouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That Spider-Man demo looks like it was being played by someone who is far better at games than I ever will be.

I assume that takes place a bit into the game and there'll be a bit leading up to the black suit.

It's a good job the tablet Kraven was looking at didn't have Squirrel Girl or else he would've either not gone or it would've been a very short visit, except maybe to stay and chat for a bit.

Overall, from the games that actually showed gameplay and weren't multiplayer focussed, Phantom Blade and Plucky Squire looked interesting. Again Phantom Blade looks like a game meant for better players than I.

And that foam game was absolutely not inspired by Splatoon. Nope. Not at all.

Oh and the most unbelievable part of the Spidey demo? When they said they had to get to the Lizard quickly, and actually went to the location, instead of going to get backpacks or stopping crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jj880

Sold!! 😅

Fair comment on the Amiga 500. Such a great machine. PS5 remakes of IK+ and Magic Pockets in the next show case!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not a bad showing. Highlights for me were Dragon’s Dogma 2, MGS3 and that Journey sequel that’s not a sequel, forgotten the name. Disappointed there was no Bloodborne mention at all (wasn’t expecting any but still).

I genuinely thought that AC game was a remake of an earlier one, looked a bit rubbish to be their new one I figured. Identical looking gameplay too, folks must still be buying them I guess.

What did folks think of the handheld thing that can stream games? They said 8” inch HD screen. If it’s OLED and not mad expensive then i could be tempted (even if I can stream PS5 games to the Steam Deck already).

Also, they showed a clip of some other device in the closing montage thing - some sort of arcade stick was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

That was the accessible controller but the name escapes me right now.

Advertisement