Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Probably renew the sub then see what offers there are. Very little that I really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Was bored and decided to go through my most played games for the craic. At the very least, it shows how CoD dropped the ball for me. Second number is hours played

Rocket League, 1082, 21 hours ago

Battlefield 4 (PS4), 566, 8 years ago

Advanced Warfare (PS4), 544, 7 years ago

BlOps3 (PS4), 313, 2 years ago

MW (2019) (PS4), 285, 2 years ago

Infinite Warfare (PS4), 249, 2 years ago

Witcher 3 (PS4), 213, 5 years ago

NBA 2K20 (PS4), 143, 2 years ago

AC Odyssey (PS4), 138, 3 years ago

Dying Light (PS4), 128, 2 years ago

The first PS5 game on the list (excluding Rocket League which doesn't have a PS5 version yet...), is at 13th with GT7. PS5 NMS after it, then Dysmantle at 17th.

In a funny turn of events, in 20th and 21st are both Horizon games platinumed after 77 hours.

Looks like I'm waiting for AW2 to go back to CoD, but as long as Warzone is around the standard MP is ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

October 20th for Spider-Man 2.

Get in my veins.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just goes to show you that exclusive games aren't the be all and end all of a console but rather a nice addition.

Not much for me to look forward to coming in the next while but I'm hoping Wolverine will be up my street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Little bit underwhelmed by Summer Game Fest? I know people were underwhelmed by the Sony showcase but this was also a bit meh? Lots of videos for games we already know about and coming out very soon.

Was hoping for more big announcements for games coming out in the next 2-3 years as I really don't have much to look forward to in the coming years other than Wolverine.

Wasn't much gameplay for Alan Wake considering it was pretty much what we saw in the trailer, no mention of a physical release when they had a chance to redeem themselves (but hey they're releasing a branded thermos!).

No mention of Armored Core VI and it's out in August. Anyone know if Bandai Namco planning an event? Surely a gameplay clip or something would have been nice.

At least Sonic was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can also see why maybe Sony were so against the Acti merger, if there's a lot more out there with similar stats, which is quite possible, just maybe the BlOps series higher because they were inexplicably more popular...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FIFA, COD, Fortnite, Apex and Minecraft are the biggest games around on console at the moment and all those franchises have a huge following. If your console doesn't have that fanbases particular game then they won't buy your console, simple as that.

I don't see Microsoft taking COD off PS and I don't see them interfering in the games development. What will happen is COD will be included in Game Pass so you can pay €70 for it on PS or you can play for "free" on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, somewhat of a damp squib overall. A new 2D Sonic was a nice surprise and as someone who played the OG Prince of Persia, I was interested in the new POP albeit now a metroidvania. Some other good looking stuff too, but nothing for me to get really excited about. Even Nic Cage was subdued! Of course ymmv.

Post edited by Mr Crispy on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The only highlights for me was more footage of Remnant from the Ashes 2 (although I’ll most likely play that on PC) and the release of a demo for Lies of P - will give that a bash later and see if it might do as a Bloodborne fix.

Was disappointed we got nothing on Armored Core either, would be great if we got a demo of that too.

Zero interest in the MMOs or mobile games or the ad for the ultrawide monitor that was shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Played Lies of P demo after SGF.

Has potential. Looks and runs great but something is lacking in combat compared to FS games.

Dodge seems weird too.

Enjoyed the Viewfinder demo too but not sure id buy the full game.

Really cool idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ok so I got a little bit of spare cash and am a little tempted to get a PS5.

I know I wont spend much time on it though but there are 1 or 2 games I would like to play and are exclusive to the console.

I just want to know, do you need to have a subscription to PS Plus/Play whatever its called to be able to play the free games such as Apex Legends, Warzone, Neverwinter or Fortnite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Free to play games don't require a PS Plus sub. Fyi GameStop online currently have the PS5 for €495, they still have stock atm too. This offer is online only.

Thanks!

Thats whats tempting me, I've a €200 One4all thats going to expire soon so was going to buy GS Vouchers and use it towards the online purchase

You can't buy GS vouchers anymore unfortunately. It is stated they accept A4One vouchers for online payment though. You may need to add the full amount to the card first as it works as a debit card for online payment.

Never mind, they arent selling gift cards anymore, guess its to the store

They accept All4One for online payment. You may need to load the card with the amount for the console plus shipping to work as it acts as a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Been a while since I haven't had a subscription but is it still the case he'd need PS Plus to play the online multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes. Online multiplayer requires an active subscription. Any free games you get through your PS Plus subscription will also become locked if you remove the subscription.

Edit: Sorry, I guess I'm wrong as per post below. F2P games generally don't require a PS+ subscription.

You need PS Plus for online multiplayer excluding F2P games like Fortnite or games that have their own subscription like FFXIV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Can I get reduced price ps plus year sub and add to current sub? Current sub to expire in December

Yes, the subscription will increase the length of your subscription by the period purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Gave Lies of P a go there - movement and combat is rubbish and not a patch on FromSoft games. Glad we got a demo but yeah, uninstalled it.

I think we might be getting a FF16 demo next week? Hopefully that will be much better.

Until then, back to Diablo 4. 🙂

So according to Twitter the FF16 pre-launch event thing is on later today - midnight our time though? Rumour has it the PS5 demo will be made available when it's over, so should to be able to play it tomorrow sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Picked up the Callisto Protocol for €25 in GameStop today. Probably crap butt willing to take a punt at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I really enjoyed it now. I didn't find it crap at all now. Hopefully you like it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It gets fairly differing reviews but I've been looking for a single player campaign to get my teeth into and nothing else has really been tickling my fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Dead Space is only €45 at CeX, I'll pick it up soon. I've been meaning to give it a go, apparently they put effort into the sound design which is nice. You'd be surprised at how many games don't utilise surround sound well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Advertisement