Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    More fun messing with them. Like for Resident Evil, just hit the door to open it. Similar with the MGS one where you hit the box.

Oh yeah, they all get a few sleeps, just as good seeing their reaction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Wasn’t sure at first but Miles Morales really comes into its own towards the end. Combat skills etc build to make everything really fluid. (Only issue is some of the skills aren’t actually available until you start a New Game+ which doesn’t make sense).

Not spoiling anything but final 30 minutes is especially stunning and great story beats. Bawled :pac:

Even the credits look like those of an MCU movie.

Seriously excited for whatever Insomniac have in store for the franchise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Also, websites finally reporting on the issues with AC/WD upgrades

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/some_ps5_owners_cant_upgrade_ps4_copies_of_assassins_creed_valhalla_watch_dogs_legion

Just noticed on the PS App and Webstore (not near PS5 so can’t check that), you can’t even purchase the Gold/Ultimate edition at the moment, hopefully they’re in the middle of fixing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Heading out to Smyths now for a click and collect. Anyone know if I can add more stuff when I'm there or do I need to do another click and collect online?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Fieldog wrote: »
    So, just turned on my PS5 that was in rest mode and Demon Soul's has disappeared...

Only reason it ended up in rest mode was because I was drunk going to bed....

Has to be related to the firmware...

This happened with me and I didnt use rest mode at all...

I tried what was suggested here, to insert the disc and wait for it to copy automatically instead of manually pressing copy myself

So far last night the 3 games were all still there

I googled it after theres a thread on reddit about it and its a known issue to Sony aswell so hopefully it will be sorted in a firmware update soon
    Here is the thread if you want a read off it

https://amp.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jw1uns/ps5_disc_games_deleting_themselves/

Hopefully when I power on the system later all games will still be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Heading out to Smyths now for a click and collect. Anyone know if I can add more stuff when I'm there or do I need to do another click and collect online?

They arent open for browsing just literally collection so buy any extra games / accessories through click and collect also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They've been stating that you need to click and collect. The store itself isn't open to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sony really has a lot of things to do on the firmware side of the PS5. So far we have the PS5 shutting itself down randomly, rest mode issues, installing free game upgrades not working, games uninstalling themselves, cloud save issues, communication problems using external drives, the system rebuilding its database when it gets an error, games still taking forever copying to the internal drive & when doing that its as loud as the PS4 was. Hopefully they can solve all those with firmware updates but its too many problems for a system to have 10 days after launch.

I sent the issue to Eurogamer too so hopefully they'll publish it and put a bit more pressure on them to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭McFly85

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The little movie scenes in astro are so good. I literally just stood and watched the resident Evil one over and over, so class.

I loved this! I burst out laughing when I saw the vib ribbon one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

In astro bot, it was the Dante from DMC for me, interrupt what he is doing and he starts off the combo as per the game, I loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Few more issues for me now but only three in total so far. All while playing ps4 games on the ps5 internal storage. All hard lockups where the PS5 takes a few minutes to sort itself back out and reboot.

No database rebuilding errors yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone know if they fixed rest mode issues in last patch ? Been afraid put it in rest mode since got it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

brady12 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they fixed rest mode issues in last patch ? Been afraid put it in rest mode since got it

no mention anywhere of it being fixed. Will keep Rest mode deactivated until there is concrete evidence that it's been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Gonzo wrote: »
    no mention anywhere of it being fixed. Will keep Rest mode deactivated until there is concrete evidence that it's been fixed.

Has there been a recent update from Sony? I have mine set to download the updates automatically but not update automatically.

Also, how long does it take to charge the new controllers? Does the light go off when they are fully charged? Can they be charged with a USB-C charger that is used for my Note 20 Ultra say?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Takes a good while to charge the controllers while connected to the PS5 anyway. Wish they would update the indicator for it instead of just having a standard charging symbol with constantly filling bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Loving it so far.

Only niggle for me is the stupid ps button on the dualsense. Wish they had added a light to the logo or even just white or off white like the console.

Keep hitting mic instead in lowish light or vice versa

Annoying but all good.

I've had my PlayStation in rest mode multiple times with no issues. Not a widespread problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I think the rest mode crash is a per game basis. Insomniac just tweeted that their latest patch fixes "rest mode crash" in Spider-Man Remastered.

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1330529746413883397

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The mic button being on automatically is bound to lead to some awkward situations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Didn't they run into legal issues with Sony and had to cancel all orders?

I heard that too - but seems to be back up and running now again. I assume legalities resolved or Sony lawyers would be all over them as before...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Completed Astrobot there, 100% all trophies

What a fun game.

I could see them doing themed games like an Astrobot Uncharted game etc where all levels and artifacts are from the series of games.

Whatever they release next I will certainly buy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In relation to my "Replacement" console, they did try the contact Sony spiel but I shut that down pretty quickly.

Not saying that everyone will get a new console as I said I was very lucky but lets say I let them know in no uncertain terms I was a little bit annoyed!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Jim Leahy wrote: »
    Its the biggest baby in history,

It competes with he wife who paid 700e for a ps5.

Keep the fake family stories coming.

You really are something else.

Would you like a screen shot??

€782 delivered to be exact .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

madmoe wrote: »
    How long is the timeframe?

IIRC there was no time limit, but Irish law now says 6 years. It's also dependent on the product and expected life, so the expected life for a console, imo, would be the 6 years at least. Might take a bit of fighting, and even a trip to the small claims court if necessary, but Ireland has very good limitation laws. Most countries give 1 year, the standard in the EU is 2 years, but Irish Law says 6years to bring a claim. The actual timeframe is worded as such: "This does not mean that a product has to last 6 years but if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some remedy"

Reasonable length for a console, to me, would be the 6 years considering the time between gens. Would be a bit of a battle though after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Astro bot is most fun I've had in ages with a game, the feeling of the pad when you whip out an umbrella and the ice skating have been my ps5 highlights so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

IIRC there was no time limit, but Irish law now says 6 years. It's also dependent on the product and expected life, so the expected life for a console, imo, would be the 6 years at least. Might take a bit of fighting, and even a trip to the small claims court if necessary, but Ireland has very good limitation laws. Most countries give 1 year, the standard in the EU is 2 years, but Irish Law says 6years to bring a claim. The actual timeframe is worded as such: "This does not mean that a product has to last 6 years but if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some remedy"

Reasonable length for a console, to me, would be the 6 years considering the time between gens. Would be a bit of a battle though after a few years.

I will have my Switch 4 years next March but it is gone off to Nintendo now a few weeks! Two cracks in the body close to the heat sink/grill at the top and of course the Joy Con issue! Should I fight with them do you reckon?

Apologies if a bit off topic, just want to know whether I should fight them on it as I am expecting a bill!

Loving my PS5 by the way, especially the controller!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Astro bot is most fun I've had in ages with a game, the feeling of the pad when you whip out an umbrella and the ice skating have been my ps5 highlights so far!

It's been a joy of a game to play. I spent nearly an hour this morning just watching my young lad running around CPU Plaza with the blaster gun getting all the bots to follow him around.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

It's been a joy of a game to play. I spent nearly an hour this morning just watching my young lad running around CPU Plaza with the blaster gun getting all the bots to follow him around.

I did the same thing... Except I don't have a son and I'm 30.... It was me... I ran around with the blaster gun getting all the bots to follow me around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

madmoe wrote: »
    I will have my Switch 4 years next March but it is gone off to Nintendo now a few weeks! Two cracks in the body close to the heat sink/grill at the top and of course the Joy Con issue! Should I fight with them do you reckon?

I can't make that decision for you, but because it's 4 years it would be a harder battle. However, if the issues can be proven to not be user caused, you should have a case. It's hard to put a timeframe on consoles, because of how they're used, and especially with the Switch being a portable device and a lot more open to user caused faults. JoyCon issue should be covered by Nintendo as it's well known, like the stick drift on the early PS4 controllers.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck! Most companies will try and use their own countries laws against you, but as they sell in Ireland, they are responsible under Irish Consumer Law.

Re: Astro, as someone mentioned above, there is a huge opportunity there for a full game with each level set in the world of a PS game. I would immediately buy that.

Advertisement