Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Asylum15

Been absolutely glued to mine since last Thursday, happily knew a DPD courier and got mine delivered on the dot.

Platinum'd Astro and stuck in Cold War which I love, it's simpler, old school COD.

Anyone up for COD/FIFA 21? Add me FurtiveSway, let me know you're from Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Has anyone tried Bugsnax yet? Worth downloading?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

AdamD wrote: »

Gave it a quick go, easy to play but not my type of game I reckon. Might try it again down the line when I've nothing else to play, which could be never.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished gpu jungle on astro. Between the song, the movie scenes, the hidden lyrics, just magical. How can a glorified tech demo be in the running for game of the year? I don't know but it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Had the weirdest yet coolest thing happen playing Spider-Man tonight.

Just finished a side mission and at very end noticed Miles had disappeared... No, wait he's just changed into a heat lamp sitting outside a store!!

I was able to walk web sling and fly around as a lamp ha. Whatever way I moved I then ended up turning into a piece of shelter on a roof wtf lol.

Took a video of it to capture the moment of madness forever ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Unearthly wrote: »
    The mic button being on automatically is bound to lead to some awkward situations

After seeing the microphone beside my name on nba 2k online, i realised my mic was auto on and i was ****ing my teammates out of it for being useless. Mute mute mute!!!! In my defense, they were useless..

I saw you can have our to be muted on login by default.

"From the home screen, select the settings icon and navigate to Settings>Sound>Microphone. From there, you can switch “Microphone Status When Logged In” to “Mute.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ubisoft have at least on their forums noted that their team are looking into the issue of disc upgrades to PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Argh, had COD start crashing on me yesterday, was hoping nothing serious. Playing zombies this evening (solo, nothing intensive) and then the whole system crashed without warning. System repair screen showed up. Hoping no long term damage done and that it doesn’t happen again...but never disheartening. From ps 1 to ps 4, I never had a console crash out on me like that. I feel like I’ve been cheated on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭quokula

Got my first ever platinum tonight, in Astro's Playroom. Genuinely think it might be my game of the year, it was short but it was such an utter joy to play throughout.

Made a bit of progress through Miles Morales, and then stuck on Bugsnax to try it and for a change of pace. It's actually really good, ended up playing a bunch. Haven't even started Assassin's Creed yet even though it was the first game I bought. Too many things to play, not enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Video clips for when you get a trophy is enabled by default, they all add up to a decent bit of space so you might want to turn that off aswell as what Zero recommended about the mic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Demon's Souls patched earlier yesterday......Nexus crash still there unfortunately.

Plus an extremely weird storage issue. Doing a bit of copying from an external into internal and then back out to SSD - Arkham Asylum and Arkham City magically appear on the internal despite not selecting them to be copied (was actually copying Arkham Knight) - and both show as being labelled 'Console Exclusive Storage' ? Sizes don't look quite right (about 15GB each - will have to check that).
    Can't delete them....well, it looks like you have, but there still there until you restart the console.
    Can only surmise there's some file structure/indexing issues.

:pac: Wanna put this thing back in the oven Sony....its not done yet :pac:

On a positive note, Spider-Man save exported fine to the Remaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I decided to remove the side panels to see if there was a sticker or something possibly causing the coil whine noise. They come off really easy, but I didn't see anything to cause the noise so I reckon it's not the fan itself and does appear to be coil whine. While doing that though, I had the receiver for the Pulse headset in the rear USB slots because I use the front one for charging. I was using the console before I went at it, and when I removed the receiver it was red hot. Can't be good for it. Even the screw holding in the base plate (which I removed because I don't know if you can remove them while it's on in the vertical position), that was also red hot.

So because of that, if I got a USB-C to USB-C cable, can I use that other USB port on the front to charge? I'm reluctant to use the ones on the back now, and wonder how it will affect future accessories, like the VR and camera adapter?

Also, I'm after getting pulled into No Mans Sky again, there's so much content now that it's a bit overwhelming, but not Elite Dangerous levels of overwhelming. However, as I was "working", the PS5 was moved from my non-HDR 4K to a HDR 4K for the night, and everything was too bright! I even readjusted the HDR settings on the console and when it says barely visibile, I made sure they were quite visible instead. It improved it somewhat, and then a few extra settings on the TV improved another bit, but still way too... I don't want to say bright, but anything remotely white was blinding. Not sure if I like HDR because of it, and no doubt it's down to settings, but would this have to be changed for every game I wonder... Might not upgrade the tv next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I’ve turned off the output auto select and have set it to 1080p.
    Had 2 freezes since launch so a little nervous.
    1st - 10 min into Demons Souls. After resetting and having a look around found the update was showing at 100% but still 99 days - deleted, downloaded it fully and then retried the game. Seems ok since.
    2nd- signed up to PsNow - streamed 1 or 2 games fine, tried to stream Steep - loading screen just sat there for 10 minutes. Anther reset, downloaded it and now its ok. Well ok except even after downloading it I still have to stream as I’d previously gotten the trial version on the PS4, emailed Sony to look at my licenses.

Loving the machine though, DS is great, although I’m dying at spots that never bothered me before. And missed God of War the first time around - really enjoying hearing Judge’s voice on that one.

Have it vertical but do hear the fan kick up after a while on DS. Reasonably well ventilated, but need to check the rear now after the comments above. A lot quieter than the PS4 Pro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Argh, had COD start crashing on me yesterday, was hoping nothing serious. Playing zombies this evening (solo, nothing intensive) and then the whole system crashed without warning. System repair screen showed up. Hoping no long term damage done and that it doesn’t happen again...but never disheartening. From ps 1 to ps 4, I never had a console crash out on me like that. I feel like I’ve been cheated on!

This happened to me 4 times in total playing COD.

Played Demon's Souls exclusively yesterday and if I was doing something else I left the console on still running the game, all day - no issues.

Did a little digging and it's happening a fair bit, so hopefully Activision/Treyarch come up with a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I decided to remove the side panels to see if there was a sticker or something possibly causing the coil whine noise. They come off really easy, but I didn't see anything to cause the noise so I reckon it's not the fan itself and does appear to be coil whine. While doing that though, I had the receiver for the Pulse headset in the rear USB slots because I use the front one for charging. I was using the console before I went at it, and when I removed the receiver it was red hot. Can't be good for it. Even the screw holding in the base plate (which I removed because I don't know if you can remove them while it's on in the vertical position), that was also red hot.

I did the same yesterday. They come off and go back on super easy in fairness.

Sad to say my unhappy experience with the ps5 is over for now. The noise from mine is just too annoying for me to enjoy it. My brother in law is taking mine off me, he checked it out and said he will be playing from across the room and with headphones so it won't bother him.

Tried to get onto Sony yesterday but was on hold for two hours and then had to hang up to mind the little one.

I'll pick one up when they are available again and hopefully have some better luck. In the meantime enjoy yer new consoles folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Must say I'm a bit disappointed with Valhalla so far. Doesn't "feel" next gen in the slightest. Big disappointment after how good dualsense was playing Astro. Guess we'll be waiting a little longer for developers to take advantage of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just finished gpu jungle on astro. Between the song, the movie scenes, the hidden lyrics, just magical. How can a glorified tech demo be in the running for game of the year? I don't know but it is.

I had Demon's Souls, AC Valhalla, Spider-man remastered and Star Wars Squadrons all lined up for launch day, and I ignored all of them for Astro. It is honestly the best 3D platformer I have played since Banjo Kazooie.
    Must say I'm a bit disappointed with Valhalla so far. Doesn't "feel" next gen in the slightest. Big disappointment after how good dualsense was playing Astro. Guess we'll be waiting a little longer for developers to take advantage of it.

Tbf that game is launching on 7 consoles and PC during a pandemic, dualsense features would have been nice but should probably not be expected. Hopefully Astro does what it is intended to do and shows developers what the possibilities are

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Markitron wrote: »
    Tbf that game is launching on 7 consoles and PC during a pandemic, dualsense features would have been nice but should probably not be expected. Hopefully Astro does what it is intended to do and shows developers what the possibilities are

Yeah I understand why, I just got a bit excited after playing Astro is all

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I had Demon's Souls, AC Valhalla, Spider-man remastered and Star Wars Squadrons all lined up for launch day, and I ignored all of them for Astro. It is honestly the best 3D platformer I have played since Banjo Kazooie.

My girlfriend watched me pop Spiderman into the console as soon as I opened it, hours later she came back to ask how spider man was.. the look on her face when I told her I hadn't played it yet because I was playing a free game about a little robot for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I have just played CoD, Astro and Days gone so far. I havent got access to a 4k TV for another 2 weeks or so (moving room), so want to wait until then before playing PS5 versions of games how they should be played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

AdamD wrote: »

I found it incredibly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Kremin wrote: »
    My girlfriend watched me pop Spiderman into the console as soon as I opened it, hours later she came back to ask how spider man was.. the look on her face when I told her I hadn't played it yet because I was playing a free game about a little robot for hours

Same, played the intro to Demon's Souls and a bit of the other games but went right back to Astro. I might actually do all the speedrunning and hunt down the collectables now.
    Yeah I understand why, I just got a bit excited after playing Astro is all

AFAIK Dirt 5 makes great use of the triggers. I really like how they work with Spiderman as well, you can subtly feel the tension in the web as you swing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Same, played the intro to Demon's Souls and a bit of the other games but went right back to Astro. I might actually do all the speedrunning and hunt down the collectables now.

AFAIK Dirt 5 makes great use of the triggers. I really like how they work with Spiderman as well, you can subtly feel the tension in the web as you swing

WRC9 is meant to use it well enough too, little clicks when changing gears, different vibrations for different surfaces, brake pedal resistance etc. Ahhh just make me all the more excited to use it in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Got Spiderman: Miles Morales. The raytracing looks lovely and all, but the 60fps mode is just too smooth to NOT use!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

I was worried bout my 50 inch 4k TV only being HDMI 2.0 and also being a cheap one (400 euro Panasonic) but Astro looks amazing on it. No ghosting on 360 camera - rotated fully a few times to be sure. So that's a relief. I will be getting Spiderman in next couple weeks so maybe that will be different but so far so good. No new TV needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Getting really into Spiderman MM now, how accurate is the % complete at the main menu? Says 35 for me but I'm not sure if that's just main story or including side quests collectables etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Kremin wrote: »
    Getting really into Spiderman MM now, how accurate is the % complete at the main menu? Says 35 for me but I'm not sure if that's just main story or including side quests collectables etc?
    pretty sure the percentage is for everything not just the main story. Thats the way it was in the first game anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

am i right in saying there is spider man , and then spider man miles morales?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

akelly02 wrote: »
    am i right in saying there is spider man , and then spider man miles morales?

You are correct. There are two games. Miles Morales Ultimate comes with both games.

Or if you are asking about the character, they're both 'Spider-Man' technically but that's a whole different discussion :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The "Spider-Men" universe

Advertisement