Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I posted a pic of one of my Jordan F1 tees in the motorsport forum. It looks ridiculous 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That blue one is very nice. I have the GOW one, the cosmic red Dualsense and the Spider-Man Dualsense.

Used to have a purple and white one but traded them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Yes, the Cobalt Blue Dualsense is my favourite now. I had the Starlight Blue Dualsense but it didn't last long in my lineup. It was a very pale blue which I didn't like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked up the Pulse Elite yesterday. Only have a few hours on them and they seem grand. I cam only compare sound quality against the Arctis 7P+, the difference isn't much that I've noticed yet. I'll need to play the same game part twice in a row with each to know, so will try that in the coming week.

The headset itself feels flimsy. The shape is odd, but I do like the headband setup. The cups feel very loose, and I could already tell they would be a weak point as the cups are attached by a single swivel behind each ear. It doesn't give you a feeling they're strong...

Buttons on right side, easy enough to use. Seemingly can pair with a second device as well as the PS5. Will try it with the C2 at some point. Having EQ options out of the box is great. Something the Arctis was missing, and the Arctis app is broken by all accounts. Comes with Standard, Bass Boost, Shooter and 3 customisable profiles, so the same as the original Pulse. Will Google a good setup at some point. Won't be using them as much as I used to due to a job change so will take a while longer to really get the feel of them. No comment on the mic as I'll never use it. Some reviews range from grand to terrible for the mic.

And it may sound bad for the headset, but the box impressed me the most tbh! Lovely origami type job,and I do like a good box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Appreciate the review, but the number one gripe I had with the original pulse headset was the mic and it was the only thing I was waiting for your opinion on! :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm not a mic user so wouldn't be able to help you there. It's supposed to be grand. Just a warning if you wear glasses, the led lights at the tips of the earpieces may reflect off them. I've the smaller square glasses so don't notice it, but bigger ones apparently reflect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Lads what are we going to do when they launch the pro later this year. GameStop were the job for pre ordering these things, they'd even do a list before it was officially announced. Now they're gone will it be a **** show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Smyths probably be the best option now. Or Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

And cex only place that will take your old one for cash/credit, unless you sell privately. That's biggest pain with GS, no trade in deals now for used games/consoles…

Just gonna have to straight up buy it and hope CEX give enough for the base model to not want to go to the bother of selling privately. I would sell it on to a family member discounted, but I have literal thousands of hours on it. They'd be better off buying new. Just hope Smyths get a good stock. Harvey Norman may get a few, and with the demand that was around for the PS5 when it initially launched there may be other legit stores getting some in, Tesco, Currys, etc. I'm quietly confident it'll be minimum €600, if not €650 so hopefully the price will allow stock for a while! I've budgeted for it either way, didn't get my PS5 till day 2 and that annoyed me no end so I want the Pro day 1!

Do Smyths do preorders anymore? Or just first come first served these days? Was so much easier to bring the old console into Gamestop, get a meh trade in price but upped by my Level 3 card to somewhat decent discount off the new one. I used my PS4 Pro and God of War 2018 (PS5) against the SX and got it for less than €100. No such deals this time. Just relying on CEX's history of decent prices and greed increasing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You can pre-order in Smyths, I've done it for the odd game. Not sure if they did one for the PS5 but they've also done midnight launches for games in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Smyths did preorders for PS5, I booked my one there. Then I traded in my PS4 Pro and One S against the Series X in GameStop, cost me €600 for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a feeling cex won't offer enough to entice a sell to upgrade to the pro and couldn't be bothered with hassle of adverts. The ps4 pro was a disappointment anyway so i will definitely hold out until the pro goes on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭jj880

I went from PS3 to PS5. Were there many (if any) PS4 Pro only titles that couldn't be played on PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I never had a pro but don't belive there any pro exclusives. More a case of some games were enhanced for the pro, but all still worked on normal ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Never owned a PS4 base model. The horror stories of fan noise always put me off. The 7200 version that came bundled with RDR2 was/is whisper quiet. Also had SATA 3 and a few other minor improvements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The launch Pro had its issues with noise. Most of the time it was a lot quieter than the base PS4 I had, but in some menus and maps it would go mental. I always remember the map of Horizon Zero Dawn especially, I could barely check the thing to see where I was going because I'd have to exit out of it so quickly.

You can blame that on the menus having an uncapped framerate which ended up pushing the console harder than in game. Destiny 2 has the same issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Ahhh, the more you know. The 7216B was the version i have. Dodged a bullet then

• Advertisement

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/sony-is-working-on-a-new-astro-bot-game-for-ps5/

The gaming community is abuzz with anticipation as rumours of a brand new Astro Bot game surface. According to the well-regarded leaker, billbil-kun, known for his accurate leaks of various PlayStation announcements, Sony and Team Asobi are working on a new Astro game.

Unlike Astro Bot: Resuce Mission, this new game will not be designed for VR, instead it will be a PS5 game, utilising the DualSense controller to differentiate & enhance gameplay, rather than virtual reality.

It would seem we will have multiple environments to explore in this new game too, including a new desert landscape. Astro is expected to be joined by at least one new character too.

The new Astro Bot game is expected to be announced at the next PlayStation Showcase event, which is expected to take place later this week, or in early June.

Never heard of the leaker billbil-kun but I hope its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

For sure. I dont like the way PSVR2 is shaping up so far in general. Always said I wouldn't buy it until theres a new Astrobot VR game. For now though this is very welcome as Im not playing PS5 much these days. A new Astro game would definitely change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they want to make money from it, it would be a bad idea to make it for VR unless it's just a VR mode.

I'll take a new PS5 Astro game this year.

And a PSVR2 Rescue Mission sequel next year 😄

Some stats:

PSVR unit sales 3 years from launch: 5 million

Astrobot Rescue Mission released 2 years from PSVR launch.

PSVR 2 unit sales after just over a year from launch: between 1 and 1.5 million.

PSVR2 needs a good discounted bundle this Christmas to get sales up. Like the PSVR mega pack. No messing about. Then maybe we'll see a PSVR2 Astro game. 🤞🤞

Anyway thats enough VR chat from me here.

I'd say it may also get a bump in sales when the drivers are sorted out to connect it to a PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If it releases on PSVR2, I'll be hoping for a pc port so I can just use my quest. Though they haven't ported Call of the Mountain.

Yeah, the addition of Steamlink support on the Quest 2 and 3 is great. It opens it up a lot of games that aren't available on the headset or too intensive for the internal processor to handle.

Jaysus never even considered PSVR2 games on Steam VR. That would be amazing as I really enjoy PCVR with Quest. I just assumed an Astrobot VR game would be a PS exclusive to drive sales of PSVR2.

• Advertisement

I don't care what way it comes, just give me more Astro already! A PS5 version makes sense, it will reach the biggest audience as noted above with the VR2 sales details. But this also allows them to make sure it's awesome, which it will be, and allows time after the fact to maybe release a VR mode for VR2. Excited for the DualSense integration, should be the masters at work to really make the DualSense shine.

Advertisement