Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

The "Spider-Men" universe

The Spidey-Men and Spidey-Gwen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Astro is truly a joy to play and a work of art in itself. The game is genuinely next gen and so much fun to play, it has that Nintendo charm and full of character which is a rarity outside of a Nintendo console. I really hope Sony explore Astro alot more this generation and eventually make a few full sized premium games on the franchise to take Astro to new heights that everyone with a PS5 can enjoy and no VR only titles with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The VR version of Astrobot was designed to show what the VR headset can do, just the same as this version is designed to show what the controller can do. The VR version of Astrobot just wouldn't work on a flat screen, it is honestly the pinnacle of platform gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Collecting my PS5 at lunch break.

Soony...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

The VR version of Astrobot was designed to show what the VR headset can do, just the same as this version is designed to show what the controller can do. The VR version of Astrobot just wouldn't work on a flat screen, it is honestly the pinnacle of platform gaming.

Astrobot VR is easily the best platform game since Mario 64. It's incredible. Anytime I've given someone a go of it it has blown their mind.

• Advertisement

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Astrobot VR is easily the best platform game since Mario 64. It's incredible. Anytime I've given someone a go of it it has blown their mind.

It is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

WRC9 is meant to use it well enough too, little clicks when changing gears, different vibrations for different surfaces, brake pedal resistance etc. Ahhh just make me all the more excited to use it in a few weeks

This is £24.99 at the moment. Has anyone played it? Worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

If anyone is into games with controlling armies etc. You should pick up sudden strike 4 complete edition on amazon for 19.99 loads of campaigns and tons of missions, control allies and axis armies during WW2 in famous campaigns and battles. Its a great game seeing as there are not too many out on these consoles other then pc. Playing it on ps5 and it's really cool now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

It is known.

This is the way

This is the way
    and so it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gonzo wrote: »
    Astro is truly a joy to play and a work of art in itself. The game is genuinely next gen and so much fun to play, it has that Nintendo charm and full of character which is a rarity outside of a Nintendo console. I really hope Sony explore Astro alot more this generation and eventually make a few full sized premium games on the franchise to take Astro to new heights that everyone with a PS5 can enjoy and no VR only titles with this.

I've had the GPU song stuck in my head all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've had the GPU song stuck in my head all weekend.

That and the SSD song had me in stitches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Markitron wrote: »
    That and the SSD song had me in stitches

I've been going around saying "S-S-D" in a robot voice all weekend.

Speaking of the SSD: Every time I boot up Demons Souls or Spider-Man I'm completely blown away by how quick I'm playing the game. I think that's the thing so far that has been defining next Gen for me. When I press load game I'm playing within 3 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What sort of time do you need to dedicate to Demon's Souls? Is it hour long grinds to get past a single boss?

What sort of time do you need to dedicate to Demon's Souls? Is it hour long grinds to get past a single boss?
    I would it say it depends on if you've played other souls games?
    So far I've not had any real issues with bosses. I've killed most bosses so far on my first go. with the exception of 2 that took me 2 goes.

I'm not finished it but so far it feels like easiest of the souls games.

That being said it's a long game. I've played it loads since Thursday and I reckon I'm just past the halfway point

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bugsnax actually has a few seconds load time going from one area to another

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Haven't had any more random shut downs. When playing a PS5 game I disconnect the external hard drive and make sure nothing is downloading in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

CastorTroy wrote: »

Literally unplayable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Another Miles Morales update patch today.

Added option to change the weather after completing the story.
    Added subtitle option for black text with white background.
    Improved stability.
    Improved performance.
    Fixed various other bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I'm stuck at Gates of Baletaria respawn point :) can't even get to the first boss, but I only played an hour / 1.5h. Suppose just need to get used to the soul game type, feeling quite a noobie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭quokula

CastorTroy wrote: »

I noticed that too. It is not long by any stretch, it's still a little faster than the load times you'd expect on other consoles, but it's weird to have a couple of seconds loading for what are pretty small areas, with relatively simple and low detail assets too.

Things like this, and backwards compatible games loading slightly slower than XSX, suggests there must be some amount of work devs have to do to make the most of the PS5's architecture when loading from the SSD, because it's such a major difference from the almost magical instant load times of the likes of Astro Bot or Spiderman.

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I'm stuck at Gates of Baletaria respawn point :) can't even get to the first boss, but I only played an hour / 1.5h. Suppose just need to get used to the soul game type, feeling quite a noobie :)

There is a shortcut about halfway through the level where you will also get an item that increases your health in soul form

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

There is a shortcut about halfway through the level where you will also get an item that increases your health in soul form

Heard about shortcuts across different levels, but haven't spotted one yet, will do when have more time to play, thanks.

Just picked up my PS5. Now I just have to wait for work to end...

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Heard about shortcuts across different levels, but haven't spotted one yet, will do when have more time to play, thanks.

They usually involve opening doors or gates, pay attention to when levels start to wind back to starting areas. In the gates of Boleteria after you ascend the battlements, you will be able to take a set of stairs all the way down to where the level starts.
    Just picked up my PS5. Now I just have to wait for work to end...

Pfff, wtf do you need a job for when you already have a PS5?

Pfff, wtf do you need a job for when you already have a PS5?

Damn...!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

duploelabs wrote: »
    Literally unplayable

Exactly.

Wonder how many people will start saying that about framerates being 60 instead of 120, like they do about being 30 instead of 60.
    As for loading times, I was watching comparison videos of load times between gens and thinking about all the complaints around Lego City Undercover and how those times don't seem so bad now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's absolutely ridiculous that the Ubisoft free upgrade problem hasn't been sorted out yet. I created a Turkish account to get around it.

Advertisement