Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Reports are that its a bug with the disc spinning. Even if you're watching media, if there's a disc in it will spin loudly for 20 seconds every half hour to hour.

Hopefully its something that can be fixed with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Anyone else getting error WS-116417-0 when they try to sign in to the PS Store, so annoying, no chance to even enter a password. System up to date, have tried a database rebuild, a factory reset, have reset the internet. Same issue over WiFi and ethernet cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Staplor wrote: »
    Anyone else getting error WS-116417-0 when they try to sign in to the PS Store, so annoying, no chance to even enter a password. System up to date, have tried a database rebuild, a factory reset, have reset the internet. Same issue over WiFi and ethernet cable.

Have you tried signing in on your mobile phone app?

Even just sign in and see can you download a demo or something to the console...

You may need to tick some terms and condition box on it maybe when you do get signed in...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Have you tried signing in on your mobile phone app?

Even just sign in and see can you download a demo or something to the console...

You may need to tick some terms and condition box on it maybe when you do get signed in...

I can sign in on the phone, not the console though. As soon as I click sign in, I get the error straight away

On the test internet connection, all is good except for PS Network sign in.

Have just tried to add rocket league.

The app won't work on my virgin WiFi. Will on the mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Staplor wrote: »
    I can sign in on the phone, not the console though. As soon as I click sign in, I get the error straight away

On the test internet connection, all is good except for PS Network sign in.

That's weird...

https://id.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/id/management/

Can you sign in there on a desktop and make sure your account isn't registered on another machine or something elsewhere that could be causing it?

I think you need to do it on a desktop as opposed to a phone/tablet...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    That's weird...

https://id.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/id/management/

Can you sign in there on a desktop and make sure your account isn't registered on another machine or something elsewhere that could be causing it?

I think you need to do it on a desktop as opposed to a phone/tablet...

Tried that, only other devices are a couple of old PS3s. Language was English US, so I changed that, no difference though.

Edit: so I can sign in on the PS5 my phone hotspot, then switch to the wifi to download something. Really strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Ran into my first proper glitch with the console.

I got a trophy and the notification won't leave the screen, and now the console isn't recognising when I'm pressing the PS button or the Create button. Has this happened to anybody else?

Edit: Oh, looks like I can't create a manual save in Miles Morales because of it too.

Edit 2: Okay... Now I've tried to force my console off using the button on the front and it's not powering off... I'm literally just staring at a black screen with the trophy notification.

Edit 3: Had to pull the plug to get it to turn off and it "Repaired console storage". Seems to be okay now, but will find out soon if anything is ****ed with it.

Edit 4: Okay, got another half hour in, popped another trophy and the game hard crashed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Wing126 wrote: »

I got a trophy and the notification won't leave the screen, and now the console isn't recognising when I'm pressing the PS button or the Create button. Has this happened to anybody else?

Edit: Oh, looks like I can't create a manual save in Miles Morales because of it too.

Edit 2: Okay... Now I've tried to force my console off using the button on the front and it's not powering off... I'm literally just staring at a black screen with the trophy notification.

Edit 3: Had to pull the plug to get it to turn off and it "Repaired console storage". Seems to be okay now, but will find out soon if anything is ****ed with it.

Edit 4: Okay, got another half hour in, popped another trophy and the game hard crashed again.

In fairness the trophy notification not going away has happened to me a few times on the PS4 over the years. System never crashed over it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

**** that sounds like a rough one. I'm sure the majority of all these issues can be fixed in a patch but I'd say covid really messed up the QA for the consoles but they couldn't afford to put off release til next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That last level of astro, man i remember that like it was yesterday. So the devs on that team should be getting a nice bonus of Santa Sony this year.

I can't believe they put in pyramid head into the game :pac:

Also, i never got notification that my battery is running low and it just died.... In the middle of demon's souls. That's one game you don't wanna lose a controller, especially with the cable in another room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Set up videos if you're rockin' a highfalutin new TV, specifically the LG CX or Sony X900H (XH90 in Europe).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    **** that sounds like a rough one. I'm sure the majority of all these issues can be fixed in a patch but I'd say covid really messed up the QA for the consoles but they couldn't afford to put off release til next year.

Yeah, I took it as my cue to stop my 5/6 hour session :o:pac:

Hopefully a new firmware update comes soon enough to fix these things!

I'll not start really worrying until I get multiple crashes in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ubisoft finally acknowledging the issue on their forum.
    Thank you all for getting back to us!

We won't require any testing accounts but we really appreciate the offer. Our team are testing a number of different SKUs (products / editions) to determine the root cause, then we'll get it fixed!

We'll report back once we know more 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Loving Demon's Souls. Who'd've thought a lick if paint, some extra animations, and a steady frame-rate would make so much difference? It almost feels like a new game. My timing is well improved with the smoothness of it. I'm just walking around feeling like a badass.

Much props to Bluepoint for pulling this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Will be getting my PS 5 this week, but I’ve never really stuck with PlayStation although I’ve had most of them at some stage. I’ve the one x most of my friends are Xbox so stuck with it but felt I was missing out on some exclusive games.

Any recommendations for games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Will be getting my PS 5 this week, but I’ve never really stuck with PlayStation although I’ve had most of them at some stage. I’ve the one x most of my friends are Xbox so stuck with it but felt I was missing out on some exclusive games.

Any recommendations for games?

The majority of games on the ps plus collection

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I managed to order a PS5 from Game on the 19th and was supposed to be a December 10th delivery, which suited me fine as its a Xmas gift from my wife...got a dispatch email last night and its now due tomorrow! I dunno how I'm going to manage knowing its in the house for a month now :o I'm gonna be like Golem :D

Update on my PSN error. I left the internet plugged out overnight and it seems to have resolved itself.

Haven't had an opportunity to post any reviews of the machine or games because that error was so annoying. I didn't get a PS4, never had the time for one, so I held off for the 5.

Controller - amazing
    AC Valhalla - not overwhelming, but enjoyable.
    Spiderman - incredible.
    Astros Playroom - brilliant little game, shows what the controller is about, once other developers come to grips with it, the controller will be a massive thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That last level of astro, man i remember that like it was yesterday. So the devs on that team should be getting a nice bonus of Santa Sony this year.

I can't believe they put in pyramid head into the game :pac:

Also, i never got notification that my battery is running low and it just died.... In the middle of demon's souls. That's one game you don't wanna lose a controller, especially with the cable in another room!

Be nice if you had 30 mins or less of battery left the controller increasingly started flashing red.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

I was playing Miles Morales the other day and in the middle of a fight he walks away I had no control over the character then the controller battery went there’s no warning but I suspect the game is programmed to pull you out of a fight when it detects the battery is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I think you can turn off these notifications or interruptions, maybe that will help stop this crashing your games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

After 5 days with the console I have had a couple of bugs. My controller didn't charge from the front USB port once, and on launch day I had a bit of drama installing the 2nd and 3rd discs I tried on it. Gonna put these down to random bugs which will likely be ironed out soon. The disc drive makes a moderate amount of noise on start-up or when I put a new disc in, other than that it is completely silent. Still can't get over how blisteringly fast everything is.
    Be nice if you had 30 mins or less of battery left the controller increasingly started flashing red.

Mine has only gone low once, but I got a notification and you can see the battery flashing when you press the PS button once.

I think red flashing lights would be too distracting.
    Daxve wrote: »
    I was playing Miles Morales the other day and in the middle of a fight he walks away I had no control over the character then the controller battery went there’s no warning but I suspect the game is programmed to pull you out of a fight when it detects the battery is gone.

Think it would probably just hard pause the game

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

The Astrobot game makes me sad because I feel like very few devs, especially third party, will ever utilise the controller this well.

Even within Sony exclusives, Demon's Souls does not use this particularly well. I played some Borderlands 3 with the PS5 upgrade - Wow! This does not use this feature well at all. Bugsnax, the PS Plus free game, uses it better, though I doubt I'll be playing it again.

Does any other games - Miles, Valhalla, Cold War, Dirt 5 - use this feature anywhere near as well as Astrobots?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

The Astrobot game makes me sad because I feel like very few devs, especially third party, will ever utilise the controller this well.

Even within Sony exclusives, Demon's Souls does not use this particularly well. I played some Borderlands 3 with the PS5 upgrade - Wow! This does not use this feature well at all. Bugsnax, the PS Plus free game, uses it better, though I doubt I'll be playing it again.

Does any other games - Miles, Valhalla, Cold War, Dirt 5 - use this feature anywhere near as well as Astrobots?

Nothing is going to use it as well as Astrobot but that isn't really the point. Astrobot is at an extreme end of the spectrum, it gets away with heavy use as it is a relatively simple game. It is all about subtle uses, which Demon's Souls and both Spiderman games do very well.

CoD and Dirt are supposed to be great with it, Assassins Creed doesn't use it at all.

Having bashed around on Astro for a while, I expected more control feedback from Spiderman, felt a little disappointed there wasn't more use of the features, but then I started playing Spiderman - so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Even within Sony exclusives, Demon's Souls does not use this particularly well. I
    I think the implementation in Demon's Souls is good. Slight trigger action on firing arrows and the speaker playing out impact sounds adds a nice sense of heft to all the hits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I think the implementation in Demon's Souls is good. Slight trigger action on firing arrows and the speaker playing our impact sounds adds a nice sense of heft to all the hits.

Also, if you're using the bow and have R2 pressed about half way and change out the bow, the tension on R2 disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's how I lost my save in Astro. Was cleaning up the remaining trophies and 1 wouldn't go away so did the same steps, turned it back on and the save was gone. Still had all my trophies though. Had been playing the game non stop so it hadn't backed up to the cloud either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

There is so much to learn in Demons Souls. I never played any of them before and am loving it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So finished Spider-Man last night enjoyed it for what it was can't wait for the proper sequel.

Starting on Demons Souls now. Say a prayer for me! Haha

Advertisement