Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dirt 5 is showing up at €40 in Smyths. Not on sale, was it always that price??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

There is so much to learn in Demons Souls. I never played any of them before and am loving it!

If you have PS Plus try Bloodborne next, or at some point. It's one of your freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

If you have PS Plus try Bloodborne next, or at some point. It's one of your freebies.

Or right now. It is one of the best games of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Got my first ever Platinum in Astrobot this morning.

There's a gold trophy up for grabs in the Add on section,
    where you have to complete all 8 time trials in under 7 mins (less than or equal to 50 secs each).
    You don't need to get this to get the Plat. Wasn't aware of this, and was not doing too well in beating the required times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

loving Demon Souls, it's not as difficult as I was expecting, certainly seems easier than Dark Souls 1/Remastered but I think the 60fps generally makes things easier.

My copy of Demon Souls is currently updating with patch 1.003.000

PS5 still sounds like a fridge when i turn it on with the Demon Souls CD inside it, but after about 20 seconds this goes away and it's quiet, my PS4 does the same thing as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Platinumed Astro this morning. Also platinumed Spiderman Remastered by loading my save into it. Had to swing around for about 5 minutes while all the trophies popped again. Ended up deleting the game straight after though just to free up space, as it might be a while before I replay it.

Anyone know how to upgrade Fifa 21 from ps4 to ps5 version? I downloaded the ps4 version again onto the ps5 but see no way to upgrade it or to download the pst version from the store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Penn wrote: »

Anyone know how to upgrade Fifa 21 from ps4 to ps5 version? I downloaded the ps4 version again onto the ps5 but see no way to upgrade it or to download the pst version from the store

Think I read somewhere the fifa upgrade won't be realised until early December sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

ERG89 wrote: »
    Dirt 5 is showing up at €40 in Smyths. Not on sale, was it always that price??

Good spot.
    Im pretty sure it was 70e yesterday.
    The PS4 version shows up as reduced from 60e to 40e.
    Might C&C it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As a new player to the franchise I find Demon Souls to be really good but very challenging tbh, having said that alot of the times I have died is not from the challenges the game poses it from a slightly clunky camera when in tight spaces and the control system can be arkward at times.

There is a very clear lack of direction in the game also (not sure if this is intended) but I have found myself wondering around for ages in game just trying to figure out where to go to progress the game and the nexus can be a nightmare too.

But overall its a very good game with alot of replay value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Penn wrote: »
    Platinumed Astro this morning. Also platinumed Spiderman Remastered by loading my save into it. Had to swing around for about 5 minutes while all the trophies popped again. Ended up deleting the game straight after though just to free up space, as it might be a while before I replay it.

Think I read somewhere the fifa upgrade won't be realised until early December sometime.

Yup, December 4th IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gerrybbadd wrote: »

where you have to complete all 8 time trials in under 7 mins (less than or equal to 50 secs each).
    You don't need to get this to get the Plat. Wasn't aware of this, and was not doing too well in beating the required times.

Yeah, there are 3 that you don't need to get, but I went ahead and got them after the platinum as it sat mocking me saying I was only 97% complete or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Damn, i platinumed this last night, didn’t realise the speed run wasn’t part of it..... that climbing speed run was a pain in the hole

All good in the end, thoroughly enjoyed Astro and sorry I skipped over/ dismissed the PS4 version all those years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hold up, so the Mic on the controller has to be ON in Yellow for it to be off. Can we turn it off by default?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Berty wrote: »
    Hold up, so the Mic on the controller has to be ON in Yellow for it to be off. Can we turn it off by default?
    Yes, I believe in the settings menu you can default the mic to be muted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Berty wrote: »

Yup, its in the sound setting somewhere, it can be set to mute by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    As a new player to the franchise I find Demon Souls to be really good but very challenging tbh, having said that alot of the times I have died is not from the challenges the game poses it from a slightly clunky camera when in tight spaces and the control system can be arkward at times.

There is a very clear lack of direction in the game also (not sure if this is intended) but I have found myself wondering around for ages in game just trying to figure out where to go to progress the game and the nexus can be a nightmare too.

But overall its a very good game with alot of replay value.

All of that is intentional but the camera seems worse this time around...
    As to figuring where to go - that is 100% the plan, loads of guides but just explore and see what happens. There are some good twists depending on who you meet. I’ve been playing it since PS3 and am still figuring it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm absolutely loving Demons Souls. Earlier in the year I wouldn't have cared less as I've never looked at a Souls game, but after this was announced I decided I'd go back and try Bloodborne as I had it from PS Plus. Played through that over the last month or so and bought Demons Souls day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

fixXxer wrote: »
    Yup, its in the sound setting somewhere, it can be set to mute by default.

Yeah I've switched mine to off by default, though I'd prefer if the light on the controller was off when mic is off, or on when mic is on. The button light being on to indicate the mic being off keeps throwing me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just an fyi, if you have a question or comment about Demon's Souls, there is a thread in the main game forum here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058116792

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I have an issue with my contoller that came with the console on launch day. It was fine for the first few days but now when the console is on, it is making a clicking noise, kinda like one of the motors or adaptive triggers keeps popping. It seems ok when utilizing in game vibrations/triggers but can definitely feel a little extra "pop" when pressing L2 or R2.
    Once on the home screen there is a click/pop every 2 seconds.

Does anyone have any experience contacting Smyths customer care for replacement or repair? I have submitted a message on their website but nothing back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    Good spot.
    Im pretty sure it was 70e yesterday.
    The PS4 version shows up as reduced from 60e to 40e.
    Might C&C it now.

Cheers for that, just ordered it there now, €40 is a great price!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

So yes there is an Audio setting to default to Mute when you log in but I went into GTAV to test it and the mic is still on. So, for me, the only way to mute it is to mute it by ensuring the yellow light is on. I'd much prefer a Mic to be always off unless I want it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Does anyone have any experience contacting Smyths customer care for replacement or repair? I have submitted a message on their website but nothing back yet.

My PS5 had to go back to smyths,
    Initially i also sent a message on their website but got impatient and then decided to call my local smyths store and sort it out with them instead. a day or two after dropping it off at my local smyths store i got a response from the online form and they said the best thing for me to do was to contact my local store. :)
    So your probably as well off to just call up your local store and request to drop it off, They will probably test it and then sort you out with a replacement if they determine its faulty.

I am not a fan of the DualSense rumble in back-compat games, it's a buzz rather than rumble. Doesn't seem to have the same low-end. Will definitely hold onto a couple of DualShock4 for this purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I had been playing Spiderman on fidelity this entire time, finally got. A 4k monitor today and decided to test both fidelity and performance on it.

Looks incredible on both but absolutely sticking to performance now, 60fps is too good to sacrifice. Didn't mind 30fps until I saw 60fps and now I can't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Kremin wrote: »
    I had been playing Spiderman on fidelity this entire time, finally got. A 4k monitor today and decided to test both fidelity and performance on it.

Looks incredible on both but absolutely sticking to performance now, 60fps is too good to sacrifice. Didn't mind 30fps until I saw 60fps and now I can't go back.

If you were playing on a 1080p screen before, why weren't you playing it on performance mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wallace2018

Anyone else order their PS5 from Smyths have money deducted and still yet to receive it? Mine says it is travelling through DPD network?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EBono96

Hey folks, apologies if this has been asked before. I have finally upgraded my PS3 to a PS5 and am looking to pick up the PS4 version of FIFA 21 from Smyths while it's down to 40 quid. I know it includes a free upgrade to the PS5 version in December but I just want to make sure I can still get this if I don't have a PS4 to install the disc on first?

Also, are Smyths experiencing any delays in sending games? I have Amazon Prime and it's slightly cheaper there but I'd prefer to buy off Smyths if delivery is quick enough. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

EBono96 wrote: »
    Hey folks, apologies if this has been asked before. I have finally upgraded my PS3 to a PS5 and am looking to pick up the PS4 version of FIFA 21 from Smyths while it's down to 40 quid. I know it includes a free upgrade to the PS5 version in December but I just want to make sure I can still get this if I don't have a PS4 to install the disc on first?

Also, are Smyths experiencing any delays in sending games? I have Amazon Prime and it's slightly cheaper there but I'd prefer to buy off Smyths if delivery is quick enough. Thanks

Did you buy the PS5 with a disk drive?

Advertisement