Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EBono96

Did you buy the PS5 with a disk drive?

Yeah I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

My PS5 had to go back to smyths,
    Initially i also sent a message on their website but got impatient and then decided to call my local smyths store and sort it out with them instead. a day or two after dropping it off at my local smyths store i got a response from the online form and they said the best thing for me to do was to contact my local store. :)
    So your probably as well off to just call up your local store and request to drop it off, They will probably test it and then sort you out with a replacement if they determine its faulty.

Might just do that bit my "local" store is 50km away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

EBono96 wrote: »
    Also, are Smyths experiencing any delays in sending games? I have Amazon Prime and it's slightly cheaper there but I'd prefer to buy off Smyths if delivery is quick enough. Thanks

THey are using An Post to send games so the delivery times are somewhat random. Two weeks ago I was charged for Assassins Creed and Demon's Souls at the same time. AC arrived the next morning and DS arrived 3 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

EBono96 wrote: »
    Hey folks, apologies if this has been asked before. I have finally upgraded my PS3 to a PS5 and am looking to pick up the PS4 version of FIFA 21 from Smyths while it's down to 40 quid. I know it includes a free upgrade to the PS5 version in December but I just want to make sure I can still get this if I don't have a PS4 to install the disc on first?

Also, are Smyths experiencing any delays in sending games? I have Amazon Prime and it's slightly cheaper there but I'd prefer to buy off Smyths if delivery is quick enough. Thanks

Ps4 disk will work in ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EBono96

Ps4 disk will work in ps5.

Perfect thanks for that. I just wanted to make sure the ps5 upgrade wasn't just for ps4 players as I doubt the PS5 version will be as cheap as €40 when it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Might just do that bit my "local" store is 50km away :)

Fair enough this was the other bit they said for posting items back

Alternatively, items can be returned to our warehouse by drop off to any Post Office or you can arrange a collection from a suitable address. This applies to parcels weighing up to 20kg.

Simply create a return label here https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Click-and-Post/Returns and select Smyths Toys from the drop down list to begin its journey back to our Warehouse.

All Returns to our warehouse must include our returns form below or the returns slip from your parcel. https://image.smythstoys.com/images/Content-Images/returns/smyths-toys-returns-form.pdf

Once the item is received back to the warehouse it will be checked and once deemed faulty, we will offer redress. Please keep proof of your postage costs and show this to us once shipped, we are happy to reimburse standard postage costs for faulty returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'm considering getting this headset - Will this work as well as a wired headset with PS5 3D audio?

I hear it wont give 7.1 as its on a dongle and no optic port on PS5.

Still worth picking up for PS5?

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-9

EDIt - huge reduction on this Pro version - but wired... Do I just plug it into controller then?

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-pro

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

Hiya guys

Just wondering what is happening with people that have pre ordered ages ago, I pre ordered the 5th of September and I haven't heard nothing yet, people that have pre ordered after me have received thare ps5 already apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Demons Souls is already driving me nuts haha. Every time ya die have to go back to start I can't for the life of me parry attacks so constantly taking damage. All big enemy's kill me in one shot ha.

So ya having loads fun so far haha

Also how do you save or even pause the game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Magic is a far more effective strategy in Demon’s Souls than the other games in the series. If you’re struggling with melee, try it out. Gives you more options.

I have a largely magic build with a crescent rapier - best of both approaches for me :)

• Advertisement

Magic is a far more effective strategy in Demon’s Souls than the other games in the series. If you’re struggling with melee, try it out. Gives you more options.

I have a largely magic build with a crescent rapier - best of both approaches for me :)

Do I have to start again and pick magician ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

James1100 wrote: »
    Hiya guys

Just wondering what is happening with people that have pre ordered ages ago, I pre ordered the 5th of September and I haven't heard nothing yet, people that have pre ordered after me have received thare ps5 already apparently

Did you receive further emails from Smyths after your order was confirmed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Do I have to start again and pick magician ?

You shouldn’t need to - you can build / adapt your character as you go. If you find a catalyst (which you do fairly early IIRC), buy soul arrow in the Nexus and put a few soul levels into intelligence and magic.

You shouldn’t need to - you can build / adapt your character as you go. If you find a catalyst (which you do fairly early IIRC), buy soul arrow in the Nexus and put a few soul levels into intelligence and magic.

I'll have a look its all bit confusing atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Whats everyones thoughts on the UI? I love it in general, visually it's fantastic BUT there are some seriously convoluted menus and trophies are very much hidden away now in my opinion i thought with the refresh trophies would be much more front and central on the PS5. I know it'll take getting used to but am i alone?

ps it seems to be acting strangely with my amp too every time i turn it off it knocks the amp from its tv audio feed (i'm using e-arc to route sound through the tv to the amp) No big deal but it's something i've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Magic in demon's souls is basically easy mode and frowned upon, the only way to play it is naked (in game character and real life) and just use your fists. Seriously though, i found hitting them with spells from afar boring but saying that, I'm not making much progress so will cave eventually.

I use Knight, just body armour, no pants, gloves, helmet to get fast roll and long sword. I don't use parry, not good enough at it so i block or roll out of the way, try circle behind and backstab. Opening shortcuts are more satisfying than beating bosses as it makes dying much more bearable. Keep a look out for levers and of you get rightly lost, look to Google for a shortcut as that beats giving up on the game.

I just realised stockpile Thomas as a tragic story as i have an item for him i never realised he wanted. And they say demon's souls has no story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

duploelabs wrote: »
    Did you receive further emails from Smyths after your order was confirmed?

No I pre ordered in store with ganestop, they gave me the receipt with it, I actully rang one of the stores that are open and they said I'm on the second batch apparently, second batch is due December, so that clears it up abit, that's just one of the lads that works in gamestop so you would never no if his info is correct but I'd say it is

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

jones wrote: »
    Whats everyones thoughts on the UI? I love it in general, visually it's fantastic BUT there are some seriously convoluted menus and trophies are very much hidden away now in my opinion i thought with the refresh trophies would be much more front and central on the PS5. I know it'll take getting used to but am i alone?

ps it seems to be acting strangely with my amp too every time i turn it off it knocks the amp from its tv audio feed (i'm using e-arc to route sound through the tv to the amp) No big deal but it's something i've noticed.
    Yeah, I'm the same. Generally I really like it. I like that games and media have their own tabs. I like the vibe to it from a design point of view.

Loving the updated screenshot/capture interface and being able to capture footage at HD or 4k is extremely welcome, especially as I use Dreams and it's now handier for me to get high quality footage off the playstation to edit on my computer.

Couple of minor issues with it like 'trophies' being slightly more difficult to access than perhaps necessary but it's a very small gripe and personally id like a longer list of my recently played games on the main screen rather than diving into the sub menu but again, small gripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just in case people didn't know... I think when you download a PS5 upgrade via Disc anyways you need to go to the home screen press options on the game and change the version to the ps5 version... I can now go in and out of ps4 or ps5 version of watch dogs legion, both have separate trophies but I was able to store my ps4 save to the cloud then load it on ps5 version ..

Trophies I obtained in the ps4 version didnt seem to carry over to ps5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Generally, like it alot.

However, I wish it showed installed games first before collections. I wish the Media gallery was separate to Games, making it easier to find.

Only small things, probably my brain trying to find PS4 ways to do things on a PS5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

sticker wrote: »
    I'm considering getting this headset - Will this work as well as a wired headset with PS5 3D audio?

EDIt - huge reduction on this Pro version - but wired... Do I just plug it into controller then?

Thanks

Yes for the Pro for plugging in. It also mentions USB but the PS(4) didn't support a lot of the functionality of that. It's unclear from my quick glance that it will have surround via 3.5mm.

However for the PS5 the reccomended one is likely 7P.

Edit:
    https://steelseries.com/blog/playstation-5-ps5-compatible-headsets-382

Actually here's all the info, multiple headsets supporting the 3D Audio with no needed firmware update except on Pro + Gamedac and Pro Wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr gucci tits

Anyone if Smyths is getting the ps5s like 14 at a time randomly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I like how it looks but I wish it was more customisable, there's too many button presses to get to certain things like trophies as you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wing126 wrote: »
    I like how it looks but I wish it was more customisable, there's too many button presses to get to certain things like trophies as you mention.

Agreed. Even the bit you can customise on the bottom bar is limited. I want to move the power button to first in that list and have downloads beside it. Too many unnecessary button presses to get to things i want at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Speaking of magic builds: I picked Magician on DS because I wanted to get out of my Dex build comfort zone.

I sort of got bored one-shoting enemies from afar and once I got the falchion and Magic Weapon spell I just started becoming a magic/dex and holy crap a magic falchion makes mince out of the Tower Knight! I killed him on his first fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Dirt 5 PS5 now 40euro in Smyths

I literally just bought this a couple of days ago for 60euro

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

sticker wrote: »

Thanks

They do a headset designed specifically for the PS5.I ordered it last week although still waiting on delivery.

If you use this code YELO12 it knocks off 12% bringing the price to €158 so decent price IMO.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7p?color=black

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is there a free upgrade for Sackboy from the PS4 version to the PS5 version? The PS4 version is 10 quid cheaper in Smyths.

Bought No Man's Sky while its on sale for 25 euro.

Ps5 update looks really good I assume it just boot up updated won't have to pick ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Bought No Man's Sky while its on sale for 25 euro.

Ps5 update looks really good I assume it just boot up updated won't have to pick ?

Its an odd one. I have the PS5 update, but when I deleted the PS4 version I lost the PS5 version too. It only plays as a PS5 game though.

Advertisement