Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Bought No Man's Sky while its on sale for 25 euro.

Ps5 update looks really good I assume it just boot up updated won't have to pick ?

It says it's for PS4/5 on the PS5 store, I'd make sure to pick the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Markitron wrote: »
    There is a shortcut about halfway through the level where you will also get an item that increases your health in soul form

Realised I started with a wrong class. Changed the class and now it is much easier :) As of the shortcuts, I've opened one - not so much of a shortcut I'd say.

Stuck at
    the big touch guy with piercing technique, not sure if I should pursue this path, other then going through the fog down the stairs, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

F1ngers wrote: »
    It says it's for PS4/5 on the PS5 store, I'd make sure to pick the right one.

Didn't give me the option looked cause heard u had to pick. I'll have a look later if im playing the PS5 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Dirt 5 PS5 now 40euro in Smyths

I literally just bought this a couple of days ago for 60euro

Hopefully these reductions keep happening.
    Picked it up for 40e there.
    Can't believe they reduced PS5 versions of game already.
    Hopefully same happens with Sackboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This guy hoarded 46 PS5s and then was trying to scalp them at more than double cost price, with the heart-warming message of 'fuçk your feelings'.

He got doxed and then robbed :pac:

https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/jtgy8h/comment/gc6936s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This guy hoarded 46 PS5s and then was trying to scalp them at more than double cost price, with the heart-warming message of 'fuçk your feelings'.

He got doxed and then robbed :pac:

https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/jtgy8h/comment/gc6936s

Now someone else gets to scalp those consoles!!! Yayy!! :pac:

Still, it's nice when smug assholes like that get a comeuppance.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

All..
    Playstation+ 12month membership now €45 in smyths. digital code emailed straight away. ( black Fri offer all week)

Ive got 2. some of you may need them for yourselves or gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Had one crash first day I got it last Thursday . Nothing since then till now .near end of campaign on black ops & it said can’t use app any more data corrupted and whole system crashed . Had a job get it back on . Both crashes were after console was on for 10+ hours downloading modern warfare / warzone & all the add ons

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

brady12 wrote: »
    Had one crash first day I got it last Thursday . Nothing since then till now .near end of campaign on black ops & it said can’t use app any more data corrupted and whole system crashed . Had a job get it back on . Both crashes were after console was on for 10+ hours downloading modern warfare / warzone & all the add ons

I wonder has this something to do with updates.

I had my first crash earlier when playing demon souls and when I restarted a new game update was ready to be downloaded.

I know black ops just had an update pushed in the last hour aswell.

Just wondering if there is any connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Black Ops was crashing for me repeatedly on one of the campaign missions.

Switched off ray tracing, no crashes. Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Black Ops was crashing for me repeatedly on one of the campaign missions.

Switched off ray tracing, no crashes. Odd.

Was it on break on through mission ? Googling it there it’s not a ps5 issue it’s a cod one . Same thing happening on Xbox series x on same mission as me .

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Will be getting my PS 5 this week, but I’ve never really stuck with PlayStation although I’ve had most of them at some stage. I’ve the one x most of my friends are Xbox so stuck with it but felt I was missing out on some exclusive games.

Any recommendations for games?

The Last of Us 1 & 2

brady12 wrote: »
    Was it on break on through mission ? Googling it there it’s not a ps5 issue it’s a cod one . Same thing happening on Xbox series x on same mission as me .

No it was on Redlight, Greenlight at the first helicopter pad.

Was a reliable crash too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Evilbart wrote: »
    They do a headset designed specifically for the PS5.I ordered it last week although still waiting on delivery.

If you use this code YELO12 it knocks off 12% bringing the price to €158 so decent price IMO.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7p?color=black

Cheers Mate! - Reviews are saying minus the bluetooth feature of the 9x, they're pretty identical otherwise. Dongle also woking with anything with a USB C which is handy!

Super reviews online too - Anyway, just plulled the trigger on the 7P Black Set (white looked poxy IMO). Arriving Monday - Free Shipping...

Honey gave me that code too - but thanks for heads up on it.

FYI
    Comparison to Offical Set - Granted PS one is €50 cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had anyone played The Pathless? Looks like fun, but hearing nothing about it. Review scores are pretty high. For only €35 it might be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Martha is Dead, thought to be an Xbox Exclusive, has been confirmed for release on PS5.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/next-gen-horror-game-martha-is-dead-is-coming-to-ps5/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Had anyone played The Pathless? Looks like fun, but hearing nothing about it. Review scores are pretty high. For only €35 it might be worth a punt.

Review here

https://youtu.be/UohBm4cPyUo

Supposed to be pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Really appreciating the SSD and how quickly you can get into playing a game.

Had not played Demon's Souls before, despite playing all the others. Plays really smoothly and enjoy the world/level structure.

Just finished my first playthrough and want to start NG+ but I also need to sleep :pac:

I'm really looking forward to it but will wait til its on sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Martha is Dead, thought to be an Xbox Exclusive, has been confirmed for release on PS5.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/next-gen-horror-game-martha-is-dead-is-coming-to-ps5/

Shall be keeping an eye on this one as i really really liked the trailer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nearly had a heart attack when I turned on ps5 and it had download beside sackboy which I've nearly fully completed thinking it reset everything.

False alarm as for some reason it was set to ps4 version so just needed to switch it back to ps5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Unearthly wrote: »
    Nearly had a heart attack when I turned on ps5 and it had download beside sackboy which I've nearly fully completed thinking it reset everything.

False alarm as for some reason it was set to ps4 version so just needed to switch it back to ps5 version.

Remember to delete those PS4 versions. I was wondering earlier why so much space was already taken and I went into System Storage and found there was a PS5 and PS4 version of Borderlands 3. The PS4 version was a whopping 90+GB. The PS5 version was 20GB less.

Playing it in between Spider-Man and Bugsnax. Someone else has already linked the SkillUp review that made me buy it and I agree with a lot of what he said. It's really fun trying to master the traversal and exploring the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wing126 wrote: »
    Playing it in between Spider-Man and Bugsnax. Someone else has already linked the SkillUp review that made me buy it and I agree with a lot of what he said. It's really fun trying to master the traversal and exploring the world.

I just finished Bugsnax today, now for the grind to platinum hopefully...

Great game to be fair and probably never would have played if it wasn't free..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gerrybbadd wrote: »

That looks so class!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

The GPU song from Astro has been stuck in my head for 4 days now. Make. It. Stop

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The GPU song from Astro has been stuck in my head for 4 days now. Make. It. Stop

Don't forget earworms such as :

S

S

D

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GPUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Tell me what to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AND I'LL DO IT FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

sticker wrote: »
    Cheers Mate! - Reviews are saying minus the bluetooth feature of the 9x, they're pretty identical otherwise. Dongle also woking with anything with a USB C which is handy!

Super reviews online too - Anyway, just plulled the trigger on the 7P Black Set (white looked poxy IMO). Arriving Monday - Free Shipping...

Honey gave me that code too - but thanks for heads up on it.

FYI
    Comparison to Offical Set - Granted PS one is €50 cheaper!

That USB-C adapter is obnoxious. If you were to ever use it on PC it would easily block your other ports.

Edit: Hell even if you use it on PS5 it would block your front USB port. Why the hell did they design it like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Wing126 wrote: »
    That USB-C adapter is obnoxious. If you were to ever use it on PC it would easily block your other ports.

Edit: Hell even if you use it on PS5 it would block your front USB port. Why the hell did they design it like that?

I saw this in a review and agree - I have a charging station so no big deal for me - also I think theres an adapter with it to free up the USB port entrance?

But yes - Very odd choice! Specs and images of PS5 out a while now so very surprised they designed it this way...

Advertisement