Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Looks very polished alright but vague on details! Very promising though and I love that the darker stuff is being developed.

Gameplay footage below - so be aware if yoiu want to stay 100% safe of details, avoid...!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Parsnips wrote: »
    All..
    Playstation+ 12month membership now €45 in smyths. digital code emailed straight away. ( black Fri offer all week)

Ive got 2. some of you may need them for yourselves or gifts

Just curious, what is the difference between buying this directly on the PS5 and getting it off Smyths?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

madmoe wrote: »
    Just curious, what is the difference between buying this directly on the PS5 and getting it off Smyths?

Thanks,
    M

Buying from Sony applies it to your account, buying from Smyth's gives you a code so you can gift it to people etc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

868mb System Software update file available:

system performance improved
    Fixed: An issue where users couldn’t download games because only the “Queued for Download” or “View Details” option was displayed was resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Still no fix from PlayStation and Ubisoft as it relates to upgrading AC Valhalla or Watch Dogs.

Utterly shambolic to say the least. The mass ignoring of tweets to Ubisoft Support on the issue is not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

sticker wrote: »
    Looks very polished alright but vague on details! Very promising though and I love that the darker stuff is being developed.

Gameplay footage below - so be aware if yoiu want to stay 100% safe of details, avoid...!

I still Don't have a clue what's going on or what the storyline is haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

My PSVR camera adapter came in the post this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The amount of crashes I am getting in DIRT 5 is unreal, game needs a patch BIG TIME.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The amount of crashes I am getting in DIRT 5 is unreal, game needs a patch BIG TIME.

Have you tried being a better driver? har har har

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

How do you put the system into sleep mode (or turn it off) from the home screen. I tried pressing the ps button to show up the options at the bottom of the screen, but it only seems to appear when I'm in a game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How do you put the system into sleep mode (or turn it off) from the home screen. I tried pressing the ps button to show up the options at the bottom of the screen, but it only seems to appear when I'm in a game.

Press the home button again and it’ll bring up the menu options.

And, like a good Metroidvania, push left instead of right to get to the power button quicker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

You press the PS button to bring up the quick menu. It should definitely show up even in the home screen!

You could also use the button on the front of the console. One push will put it into rest mode and if you hold the button down for a couple of seconds until it beeps twice, it will turn off.

Other than that, if for some reason the quick menu isn't showing when you press the PS button like you say, you would need to log out of your profile and then you'll have a power option on the login screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I just tried it there in game and out of game, you just press the PS button, scroll across to the power symbol, press X and select power off, restart or rest mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks for the hints and tips. After a restart it appears when I press the PS button now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Haven't been keeping up with the details of the patches - is the rest mode issue sorted now?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

I restarted Demon's Souls and and decided to pick Royalty as my starting class and lean hard into magic/dex. A warrior sorceress I named Saoirse Ronin (geddit?).

I'm a sad man... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Since those of us with PS4 discs for Valhalla still can’t upgrade (it’s been a week, seriously Ubisoft) I’ve belted into Days Gone. Can’t believe it wasn’t a success sales-wise. Feels a bit like a zombified AC actually. Loving it. Strongly recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Since those of us with PS4 discs for Valhalla still can’t upgrade (it’s been a week, seriously Ubisoft) I’ve belted into Days Gone. Can’t believe it wasn’t a success sales-wise. Feels a bit like a zombified AC actually. Loving it. Strongly recommend!

I second this!

Absolutely loving it went in with no expectations and a few hours in and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

sticker wrote: »
    I saw this in a review and agree - I have a charging station so no big deal for me - also I think theres an adapter with it to free up the USB port entrance?

But yes - Very odd choice! Specs and images of PS5 out a while now so very surprised they designed it this way...

Yeah bit of an odd design choice for sure.

It does come with a usb A to C adaptor so I am going to use this and plug it into the rear of the ps5 and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I finished it on the PS4 and loved it too. Its a little bloated towards the end but its a hell of a game.

Also on the UI debate earlier i meant to say another thing i noticed is PS5 games have no update history or patch notes whereas PS4 games on the PS5 do (as they did on the PS4). A small thing i know but it seems odd they'd remove that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Also one of the best Astro recreations in Astro's Playroom!

I completed Astro but didn't see a Days Gone skit :eek:

BACK TO ASTRO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

BACK TO ASTRO!!!

It's in the GPU level, there's a section where a bunch of astro's are chasing another on a motorcycle.

Wing126 wrote: »
    It's in the GPU level, there's a section where a bunch of astro's are chasing another on a motorcycle.

Awesome thanks, will go back and take another look and if I sit around and listen to the music, then that's a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Actually Days Gone sold extremely well, it just reviewed (relatively) poorly. The general consensus from the players was actually quite positive, its rep has gotten even better over time as it launched in a pretty rough state. A sequel is a pretty sure thing.

I played it at launch and thought it was a fun but flawed game, I am quite looking forward to a NG+ playthrough on PS5 with all those lovely extra frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

BACK TO ASTRO!!!
    Wing126 wrote: »

After finishing it I had a look at this, raging at some of the ones I missed. Spoilers obviously

https://www.gamepur.com/guides/every-cameraman-reference-in-astros-playroom

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

****ing hell now I know why Demons Souls has rep it does haha!! Feel like I've improved getting further but feck sake it's annoying having to start at the beginning every bloody time you die!

Why can't you pause the game by the way? Do they just want you to die! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joanne121

Just picked up my Ps5 from Tesco for my son's Christmas present. Can someone please clarify where PS4 games are upgraded, are these the from disc versions or do you have to already have the digital version? My son has NBA21k for the PS4 on disc so if he inserts the disc into the PS5 will there be an option to download the PS5version for free? (Apologies in advance, I'm clueless when it comes to gaming!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Press the home button again and it’ll bring up the menu options.

And, like a good Metroidvania, push left instead of right to get to the power button quicker :)

It's been a week and I still hold the PS button when I want to turn it off.

One day I'll learn

Advertisement