Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Awesome thanks, will go back and take another look and if I sit around and listen to the music, then that's a bonus.

It's towards the end of one of the stages (think it's the first). Astro has to cross a bridge and its on a platform to the left of the bridge (that's unreachable). Its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Unearthly wrote: »
    It's been a week and I still hold the PS button when I want to turn it off.

One day I'll learn

Same, I think I finally had a breakthrough last night though.
    ****ing hell now I know why Demons Souls has rep it does haha!! Feel like I've improved getting further but feck sake it's annoying having to start at the beginning every bloody time you die!

Why can't you pause the game by the way? Do they just want you to die! Haha.

You actually can pause it, unless you are playing with/against other players, by going into photo mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Markitron wrote: »
    Same, I think I finally had a breakthrough last night though.

You actually can pause it, unless you are playing with/against other players, by going into photo mode.

Grand that's one less issue so haha. Cheers!

Grand that's one less issue so haha. Cheers!

You don't know how well you have it these days, I'd have killed for a pause function back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

You can also bind photo mode to one side of the trackpad to quickly use it also. Lovely stuff

• Advertisement

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    You can also bind photo mode to one side of the trackpad to quickly use it also. Lovely stuff

I did not know that. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,088 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gamers Nexus done a very detailed video on Thermals and Noise on the PS5.

He seems happy enough with everything but does say there's some poor memory cooling at certain points on the board. Also mentions there's scope for Sony to increase the speed of the fan with a software update if they do find the console starts to run hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SomeSayKos wrote: »

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PS5 ram is cooled the same way the PS4 was, just contact with a emf plate. The PS5 does go a bit further than a plain metal plate.

Chances are there's no need for a firmware update, it's likely built into the current fan temperature/speed curve if the temperatures ever require it. The fan is power-hungry compared to the average PC fan which would be 5-15w (15 being an outlier), the PS4 pro was about 20-25w depending on the model. So you can't really judge how much headroom is there without checking checking it's current usage. The PS5 having a much larger lower RPM fan is the main reason it's so quiet, it could using comparable power to PS4 and still be much quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Why on earth does the ps5 start downloading files which have already been downloaded?.. I booted COD it started downloading a bunch of packs which I already had... I then went to play it today after packs where complete and it started to download them again...

Also I am mind blown by how theirs a 32GB Watch Dogs update or do you have to redownload the ps5 version every day?

• Advertisement

Why on earth does the ps5 start downloading files which have already been downloaded?.. I booted COD it started downloading a bunch of packs which I already had... I then went to play it today after packs where complete and it started to download them again...

Also I am mind blown by how theirs a 32GB Watch Dogs update or do you have to redownload the ps5 version every day?

Are you sure its an issue with the PS5 and not just the developers releasing unnecessarily large patches?

CoD in particular has a rep for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Are you sure its an issue with the PS5 and not just the developers releasing unnecessarily large patches?

CoD in particular has a rep for this.

It was literally every campaign pack and multiplayer pack etc... I just deleted the whole lot now and will just play warzone ... The exact same files kept popping up as downloading again when I had completed them all and booted the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Press the home button again and it’ll bring up the menu options.

And, like a good Metroidvania, push left instead of right to get to the power button quicker :)

Have Sony Patched the Sleep Mode issue?

Joanne121 wrote: »
    Just picked up my Ps5 from Tesco for my son's Christmas present. Can someone please clarify where PS4 games are upgraded, are these the from disc versions or do you have to already have the digital version? My son has NBA21k for the PS4 on disc so if he inserts the disc into the PS5 will there be an option to download the PS5version for free? (Apologies in advance, I'm clueless when it comes to gaming!)

Glad to hear you finally got it - Nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The amount of crashes I am getting in DIRT 5 is unreal, game needs a patch BIG TIME.

Put in a few hours last night.
    Zero crashes somehow. Game is probably just about worth the 40e I paid. Some tracks (mainly the ones with mud) look amazing. The Dual sense can go a little crazy with the tense triggers and crazy rumble but adjusted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wallace2018

Anyone order from Smyths and DPD as the courier? Mine has been in the DPD network since 18th November, and I phoned up DPD this morning to do a trace on it. Hopefully its not lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone order from Smyths and DPD as the courier? Mine has been in the DPD network since 18th November, and I phoned up DPD this morning to do a trace on it. Hopefully its not lost :(

Dpd are gone to the dogs lately. They have lost a package on me since 11th November and now won’t reply to any emails and fob you off on the phone.

Not saying this has happened to you btw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Got mine on launch day from DPD but they kicked the **** out of it. No response to my complaints. Hope it goes better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Since those of us with PS4 discs for Valhalla still can’t upgrade (it’s been a week, seriously Ubisoft) I’ve belted into Days Gone. Can’t believe it wasn’t a success sales-wise. Feels a bit like a zombified AC actually. Loving it. Strongly recommend!

This is what made me not buy it. I was all over this game until I heard there was no upgrade available. Now waiting for CP2077.

Nice trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

Anyone have first hand experience with the controller charging dock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

johng906 wrote: »

Yep, I have one here beside me. It's perfect, controllers stop charging/receiving power when they're full. Controllers slot in easily too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

johng906 wrote:

Highly recommended. Well worth 30 quid IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

sticker wrote: »
    Nice trailer

Amazing! I think I'm more excited to play Siege on PS5 then anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

This SH1T would literally be giving me a brain tumour by now.
    any joy yet.
    I dont thrust DPD at all tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Can you check to see it isn't downloading the ps4 version?

Happened to me with a previous game yesterday.

It's frustrating how hard it is to differentiate the files which are named the same. Can only see from the home menu if it's ps5 or ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Having a nightmare. My PSN account was hacked a couple Saturday's ago. I got in touch with AIB and had the fraud funds refunded and now Playstation has suspended my account for a chargeback.

When I try to get to the live support chat I get a message saying "This page is only available in UK & Ireland". I'm in Ireland BTW.

Now I've been on hold over 50 minutes. Customer service is a disgrace.

Any working links for the live chat going?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Has anyone noticed there doesn't seem to be a way to delete a character on Demon's Souls?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

johng906 wrote: »

Essential accessory for me.

Controller Slots in effortlessly after a gaming session and I never have to think about battery charge or controller dying.

Also frees up the front USB slot for charging my headset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Since those of us with PS4 discs for Valhalla still can’t upgrade (it’s been a week, seriously Ubisoft) I’ve belted into Days Gone. Can’t believe it wasn’t a success sales-wise. Feels a bit like a zombified AC actually. Loving it. Strongly recommend!

Wait til you start battling hordes. I agree 100%, it’s one of the most under-appreciated games of all time.

Advertisement