Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Has anyone seen this glitch on Demon's Souls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT6m5V2kI5U

I'm gonna make one of these characters before they patch the game and leave it on the back-burner until I finish it. If you have the Blueblood Sword you can one shot everyone, including bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Having a nightmare. My PSN account was hacked a couple Saturday's ago. I got in touch with AIB and had the fraud funds refunded and now Playstation has suspended my account for a chargeback.

When I try to get to the live support chat I get a message saying "This page is only available in UK & Ireland". I'm in Ireland BTW.

Now I've been on hold over 50 minutes. Customer service is a disgrace.

Any working links for the live chat going?

I had to just email them and it took 3 working days to get a response. The live chat never worked and no one ever answered when I was on hold. Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anywhere to get the official charging dock?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Wait til you start battling hordes. I agree 100%, it’s one of the most under-appreciated games of all time.

My first run-in with a horde was a swarm of them falling out of a train carriage over a bridge, right above me completely out of the blue. Looks incredible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Platinum done in Astro, felt like that game just deserved it. Absolute joy to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must take a look at the trophy stats.
    Be very surprised at this point is Astro platinum is classed as rare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Platinum done in Astro, felt like that game just deserved it. Absolute joy to get.

I done this also after all the talk.. tbh I preferred the VR version..

Disappointed in the Dirt 5 online aspect.. I actually can't find anyone to play with..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Being delivered by UPS according to the tracker. I got excited. Then I was swiftly told I'm not aloud near it till xmas

I'm 30 ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If you are struggling at a boos in Demon's Souls and you die, immediately press the PS button and close the game, when you restart it you'll be outside the bosses door :pac:

Found that out from frustration after dying, worked a few times anyway and saves the trek to the boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

My first run-in with a horde was a swarm of them falling out of a train carriage over a bridge, right above me completely out of the blue. Looks incredible!

Same one as myself...I ran away and still havent returned! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Probably one of the criticisms I'd have of Days Gone is that it takes that little bit too long to get to the point where you can take on hordes - the first horde that you have to take out as part of the main story is fantastic though.

The other criticism I'd have is there's a part halfway through that feels like a hard reset of the story that was a bit jarring I thought and probably stretched the length of the game out a bit too much but apart from that I thoroughly enjoyed that game. It had a lot of detractors being very sniffy about it but I'll definitely be playing it again on the PS5 - when I get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Probably one of the criticisms I'd have of Days Gone is that it takes that little bit too long to get to the point where you can take on hordes - the first horde that you have to take out as part of the main story is fantastic though.

The other criticism I'd have is there's a part halfway through that feels like a hard reset of the story that was a bit jarring I thought and probably stretched the length of the game out a bit too much but apart from that I thoroughly enjoyed that game. It had a lot of detractors being very sniffy about it but I'll definitely be playing it again on the PS5 - when I get one.

The game definitely had problems which no amount of patching can fix, it was massively bloated in places and some of the bigger story missions kept stopping for cutscenes every 5 seconds. Some of the fetch quests were awful as well, like that one where the game is heading towards the ending and it has you collecting Styrofoam from the side of the road.

Saying all that the rest of it is pretty good so I can somewhat overlook these shortcomings.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Just realised I have been playing a few of my back catalogue games in PS4 backward compatibility mode.

You have to actually click and the 3 dots beside the game and choose the ps5 version upgrade which may or may not be downloaded.

I wish it would just default the download to the ps5 version if you are on a ps5.

I mean why the hell would I even want the PS4 version on my ps5 if there is a far superior ps5 version.

I can imagine people who are not very tech savvy playing the PS4 versions of the games without even realising.

Then you have the added problem of the PS4 version taking up space on the SSD which I have to go in settings/storage and manually delete makes no sense.

Evilbart wrote: »
    Just realised I have been playing a few of my back catalogue in PS4 backward compatibility mode.

You have to actually click and the 3 dots beside the game and choose the ps5 version upgrade which may or may not be downloaded.

I wish it would just default the download to the ps5 version if you are on a ps5.

I mean why the hell would I even want the PS4 version on my ps5 if there is a far superior ps5 version.

I can imagine people who are not very tech savvy playing the PS4 versions of the games without even realising.

Just did it for Days Gone and was able to choose Deluxe Edition for PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Unable to see this option for day gone 😭

Did you happen to buy the deluxe edition back when it released on PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

padair wrote: »
    Unable to see this option for day gone 😭

Saying I can't get it as I already have days gone. Tried to uninstall days gone but no joy

Markitron wrote: »
    Did you happen to buy the deluxe edition back when it released on PS4?

No I just got the game through PS+ collection. I think I pressed on ... and than another ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Must take a look at the trophy stats.
    Be very surprised at this point is Astro platinum is classed as rare

You’re right, it’s not rare. It’s very rare :)

8.8%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I asked before but what are the stats based on? People who started it, purchased it or installed it? Like it's crazy how if you look at trophy stats for some games, the first easiest trophy isn't as high as it should be. If bored I sometimes take a look at the percentage that get that trophy and compare to the trophy we get for rolling credits and the number that don't complete the game is usually pretty big

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭McFly85

Finished MM yesterday, and while short I found it to be hugely enjoyable. The story was great and they managed to make swinging around the city more fun than the first game.

Started Demons Souls proper yesterday and have just made it to the first boss this morning. It’s such a beautiful looking game, even on performance mode. Also, I’m using my headphones to play, I find the 3D audio is great-the first time I heard a wyvern overhead I nearly ruined my trousers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thought Mark Cerny said copying would not happen on PS5

Turned on the PS5 to play some MM and got 2 updates. Still copying them 10 mins later

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Turned on the PS5 to play some MM and got 2 updates. Still copying them 10 mins later

Yea I had that with an update to Demon's Souls yesterday, took longer to copy than it did to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Yea I had that with an update to Demon's Souls yesterday, took longer to copy than it did to download.

Update took about 5 seconds to download

Will say though, that's been the only negative for me so far, everything else fantastic

Mod edit: Deleting NSFW link

Lads, this is NSFW

Edit: Probably shouldn't have included his link when I quoted him there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mod edit: Deleting NSFW link

Lads, this is NSFW

Edit: Probably shouldn't have included his link when I quoted him there.

Well now I'm super curious :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Rossi IRL wrote: »

I downloaded all the MP content for MW last night, and watched them. I was downloading a gig per minute and no copying afterwards.

Also, MW is super smooth.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Well now I'm super curious :pac:

Arsehole said that Amazon Germany have PS5's available and posted a link.

It was not a link to PS5's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Got a "return console to us to verify issue" response from Smyths because of the intermittent shutting down.

My issue is extremely intermittent(once yesterday, nothing today(so far)).

They will off redress if found to be faulty - they'd have to play it to replicate the error, which could take hours to happen.

I might hold off on returning it for the moment, covered by warranty if it gets any worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Arsehole said that Amazon Germany have PS5's available and posted a link.

It was not a link to PS5's.

Oh My God.....it wasn't........it wasn't a Coldplay video was it?????

Advertisement