Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Oh My God.....it wasn't........it wasn't a Coldplay video was it?????

The express purpose of the linked item is to bring pleasure to people, so no, it wasn't Coldplay-related.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Got a "return console to us to verify issue" response from Smyths because of the intermittent shutting down.

My issue is extremely intermittent(once yesterday, nothing today(so far)).

They will off redress if found to be faulty - they'd have to play it to replicate the error, which could take hours to happen.

I might hold off on returning it for the moment, covered by warranty if it gets any worse.

If its intermittent and you can live with it, wait until they are readily replaceable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone offer a best guess as to when these should be readily available? Feb/March a realistic timeline?

Having a sense of regret since letting mine go but the noise was unbearable for me so I made the right call. Playing through RDR2 for first time on the 4 is keeping me going but the PS5 accessories I still have on my desk are a constant tease haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Does the latest patch allow us to use rest mode safely? Has this been confirmed by Sony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Speaking of noise, mine has seemed to settle down. It was never bad but slightly noticeable humming, now it sounds more like a normal drone of the system running. The only loud noise I get is when the disk spins every 30 minutes but only lasts a few seconds, no big deal.

Mark, hope you can get back on the PS5 train soon.

Sticker, not sure but I've used Rest mode a bunch of times, no issues for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Speaking of noise, mine has seemed to settle down. It was never bad but slightly noticeable humming, now it sounds more like a normal drone of the system running. The only loud noise I get is when the disk spins every 30 minutes but only lasts a few seconds, no big deal.

Zero-Cool wrote:

Zero-Cool wrote:

Thats great Zero glad yours settled down and you can enjoy man.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll pick one up again soon, think I made the right call and I made my brother in law (only 16) pretty happy by offering him mine. Id rather a quite normal console than the one I had. Was just unlucky. Wouldn't have had time to play much over the next few weeks anyway with a young toddler and Xmas coming up. Ill keep an eye on these threads and grab one again ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I’ve been using test mode without issue as well. I’ve only ever had one game crash which I think was Spider-Man.

I did have connection issues but that was a virgin issue I had with my Pro.

Other than that, things have been great! Hope I didn’t just jinx myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I've used rest most constantly since getting the console. Seems fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭quokula

Same here, been using rest mode the whole time and it's been bulletproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Rest mode with HDD attached for PS4 games used constantly, and no issues.

I had a glitch where the front USB wasn't charging the pad for more than a few minutes in rest mode yesterday before going asleep but that seems to be gone with a restart.

• Advertisement

Same, rest mode has been fine. Only drama I have had is one time it didn't charge my controller whilst in rest mode. Probably just a random bug, to be expected in launch week I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Zero-Cool wrote: »

When I first got mine I queued a bunch of games to download and it was making a hum while I was playing at the same time. When it's not downloading anything now it's pretty quiet when I'm using it. Even after a couple of hours, hopefully it stays like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Having issues with Spiderman PS4 to PS5 save transfer
    I'm missing some suits, they're showing as locked for me, but I'm 100% sure I had unlocked. The spider drone for example was locked but I had all the gadgets. When I "unlocked" it, was already fully upgraded so seems there's an issue

Installed PS4 version (had to borrow the game) to move the save to PS5 and when removing the PS4 version, both were removed.....

Need to check and grab screenshots to report to insomniac

I can't understand why if you bought remastered, the code should also unlock the digital version of the PS4 original so you can move the save over, would help if, like me, you sold the original game knowing you were picking up the ultimate edition.... or you moved to a digital PS5

Anyone have any issues with the remaster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've not had any real issues of note, one thing I came across last night was I had the PS5 in rest and to download a game but when I checked this morning it just had an error and the download had stopped. Not a big issue but the whole downloads area of the console does seem to have problems from reading online

I have the digital version so haven't encountered any noise issues

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spoke too soon.
    Markitron wrote: »
    If its intermittent and you can live with it, wait until they are readily replaceable

That's the plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stupid question.

When the kid logs into his PS5 will his previously purchased downloadable games be available to play ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stupid question.

When the kid logs into his PS5 will his previously purchased downloadable games be available to play ?

Yes.
    99% of PS4 games work on the PS5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stupid question.

for sake of clarity... they would be available to download and then play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Having issues with Spiderman PS4 to PS5 save transfer
    I'm missing some suits, they're showing as locked for me, but I'm 100% sure I had unlocked. The spider drone for example was locked but I had all the gadgets. When I "unlocked" it, was already fully upgraded so seems there's an issue

Installed PS4 version (had to borrow the game) to move the save to PS5 and when removing the PS4 version, both were removed.....

Need to check and grab screenshots to report to insomniac

I can't understand why if you bought remastered, the code should also unlock the digital version of the PS4 original so you can move the save over, would help if, like me, you sold the original game knowing you were picking up the ultimate edition.... or you moved to a digital PS5

Anyone have any issues with the remaster?

Are the original and remaster not classed as different games though!? I originally had the witcher 3 on disk and few years later decided to get the GOTY version. Admittedly I didnt go searching for past saves as I was happy to play through fully again but did notice that I now had two separate trophy lists, one for the disk version and one for GOTY so I assumed they were classed as different games. Add in that spiderman is a remaster also might help explain your troubles with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Don't know if it has been said yet but after some use if you look at the side panel at a certain angle there is a black mark in the very middle(like a burn mark)

Friend showed me a picture and when I looked at the same angle I also noticed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Don't know if it has been said yet but after some use if you look at the side panel at a certain angle there is a black mark (like a burn mark)

Friend showed me a picture and when I looked at the same angle I also noticed it

Yeah, a defect from the injection moulding process. Of course, it shows up worse because of the colour they went with!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, a defect from the injection moulding process. Of course, it shows up worse because of the colour they went with!

Is it harmless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got a "return console to us to verify issue" response from Smyths because of the intermittent shutting down.

They will off redress if found to be faulty - they'd have to play it to replicate the error, which could take hours to happen.

I have the same issue. It's turned off on me twice since getting it last week so would be incredibly hard to replicate.

Only other issue I have is the r2 trigger in my controller seems less resistant than my l2. Same thing happened to my dualshock 4 after a couple of years but this seems to be happening after a week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I have the same issue. It's turned off on me twice since getting it last week so would be incredibly hard to replicate.

Only other issue I have is the r2 trigger in my controller seems less resistant than my l2. Same thing happened to my dualshock 4 after a couple of years but this seems to be happening after a week :(

My DualSense seems to be making alot of clicking noises that it didn't make before.Only when adaptive triggers are turned on in Dirt and MM.
    Makes a weird noise when I web swing using r2.
    This happening to anyone else?
    Everything seems fine in Astros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Is it harmless?

Ah yeah, it's just a cosmetic thing. Nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    My DualSense seems to be making alot of clicking noises that it didn't make before.Only when adaptive triggers are turned on in Dirt and MM.
    Makes a weird noise when I web swing using r2.
    This happening to anyone else?
    Everything seems fine in Astros.

The web swing is intentional because my one does the same. It's meant to mimic the noise/feel of the web shooter but it gets pretty annoying.

Haven't played dirt or miles morales so not sure about the clicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Borderlands 3 is €8.99 on Smyths right now and has a nice free ps5 upgrade if anyone is interested.

Evilbart wrote: »
    Borderlands 3 is €8.99 on Smyths right now and has a nice free ps5 upgrade if anyone is interested.

Crazy price...only 1 left in the whole country is probably the reason. It's in Claremorris.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    Crazy price...only 1 left in the whole country is probably the reason. It's in Claremorris.

Ah I didn’t even check stock as I already have it.

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    The web swing is intentional because my one does the same. It's meant to mimic the noise/feel of the web shooter but it gets pretty annoying.

Haven't played dirt or miles morales so not sure about the clicking.

I really don't think it's supposed to be happening but I could be wrong.
    Makes the weird click in Bugsnax everytime I put the scanner away and r2 seems to go crazier than when I first played it a few days ago.

Advertisement