Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wing126 wrote: »
    If anyone turned off Trophy Videos, go double check it. I disabled them, but it seems an update turned them back on.

Checked, mine still off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thinking of picking up American PSN credit from cdkeys or one of those sites to take advantage of their sale. No issues with doing that, I assume? Anyone try on the PS5 yet?
    Have only used American account to claim humble bundle games before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If anyone turned off Trophy Videos, go double check it. I disabled them, but it seems an update turned them back on.

How do you turn them off actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

This TV any good guys, in terms of PS5 and getting a food quality pic?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Anyone know how game sharing works?

I gameshare with a ps5 in australia, from the videos i have watched i followed the below

My ps5
    My account disabled for sharing
    Aussie account enabled for sharing

Aussie PS5
    Aussie account disabled for game sharing
    My account enabled for game sharing

The aussie account still cannot access my ps+ or games, also the aussie account downloaded a free game and my phone app popped up saying the game is ready to play?

Anyone know anything about this?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up American PSN credit from cdkeys or one of those sites to take advantage of their sale. No issues with doing that, I assume? Anyone try on the PS5 yet?
    Have only used American account to claim humble bundle games before

I have my US account setup and works fine, get my credit from the sites below. Demons Souls cost me 65 instead of 80 and comes in very handy for the sales. If making an account, google it (not allowed to talk about it here) and choose Oregon as a state to avoid tax being added on to each purchase.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/games/playstation/
    https://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/
    https://www.eneba.com/store?countries[]=US&page=1&platforms[]=PSN&sortBy=PRICE_ASC&types[]=giftcard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Anyone know how game sharing works?

I gameshare with a ps5 in australia, from the videos i have watched i followed the below

My ps5
    My account disabled for sharing
    Aussie account enabled for sharing

Flip this around and you should be all good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have my US account setup and works fine, get my credit from the sites below. Demons Souls cost me 65 instead of 80 and comes in very handy for the sales. If making an account, google it (not allowed to talk about it here) and choose Oregon as a state to avoid tax being added on to each purchase.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/games/playstation/
    https://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/
    https://www.eneba.com/store?countries[]=US&page=1&platforms[]=PSN&sortBy=PRICE_ASC&types[]=giftcard

Thanks. Yeah have the account setup as needed it to claim the Darksiders games from a humble bundle. So must try it over the weekend to pick up a couple things. Especially since all the sites are out of Irish credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I turned mine off last night as the storage cost was already pretty high (over 3gb).

The culprit...

IMG-20201127-031538.jpg

Carrying over my PS4 Spider-Man save...

80 fifteen second videos (20 minutes worth of footage) of the bloody title screen! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

How do you turn them off actually?

Settings > Captures and Broadcasts > Trophies.

I turned mine off last night as the storage cost was already pretty high (over 3gb).

The culprit...

Carrying over my PS4 Spider-Man save...

80 fifteen second videos (20 minutes worth of footage) of the bloody title screen! :pac:

Jesus, that's a bit much :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I cannot wait for a fully fledged Astro game, it would be great!

Never would have considered it if it weren’t for playroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭brady12

Any place ‘ reliable ‘ that has stock of the Sony pulse headset ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone hear a noise while in the Nexus?

Talk online that it's a noise from Metal Gear Solid.
    Rumour going around that Bluepoint are also working on a remake of MGS simultaneously with Demon's Souls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Markitron wrote: »
    What spell should I move onto afterwards? I wasn't planning on levelling magic until later but I might do this earlier if I need to.

Fireball and Soul Ray are the natural progression from the starting spell - would always recommend having a fire spell equipped (unless in an actual fiery boss battle). Still getting to the point of the madder late game spells myself.

F1ngers wrote: »

Rumour going around that Bluepoint are also working on a remake of MGS simultaneously with Demon's Souls.

Sounds like a blacksmith but man, what an absolute treat an MGS remake by Bluepoint would be.

Fireball and Soul Ray are the natural progression from the starting spell - would always recommend having a fire spell equipped (unless in an actual fiery boss battle). Still getting to the point of the madder late game spells myself.

And I can buy them off that bloke that I free in Latria yea?

And I can buy them off that bloke that I free in Latria yea?

Yup, with
    boss souls

Yup, with
    boss souls

Sweet, thanks. Do the wands upgrade the same way as the swords? I'm using one I found in 1-2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sweet, thanks. Do the wands upgrade the same way as the swords? I'm using one I found in 1-2

There’s no real catalyst upgrades - there’s a weird one you can get if you upgrade a silver / wooden one with a boss soul, but mostly they’re just standard. Spells just scale with your magic level.

There’s no real catalyst upgrades - there’s a weird one you can get if you upgrade a silver / wooden one with a boss soul, but mostly they’re just standard. Spells just scale with your magic level.

Great, I will just use this one for the whole game so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Great, I will just use this one for the whole game so

When you get a Golden Demon Soul you can upgrade your wood or silver catalyst to an Insanity Catalyst.
    This greatly increases your magic power but halves your MP bar.

Yeah. I heard it. Have no clue what it is. I doubt it's a Metal Gear thing. It's not a Sony game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Quick question lads.

I bought Miles Morales Ultimate and am playing through Spider-Man Remastered.

It's the PS5 version that I bought and when I was setting up the game it game me the ray-tracing options etc......... I assume that means i'm playing the PS5 version?

Reason I ask is that when I go into the "three little dots" it doesn't give me the option to switch, but when I "view product" it says PS4.

I'm slightly confused!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Quick question lads.

It's the PS5 version that I bought and when I was setting up the game it game me the ray-tracing options etc......... I assume that means i'm playing the PS5 version?

Reason I ask is that when I go into the "three little dots" it doesn't give me the option to switch, but when I "view product" it says PS4.

I'm slightly confused!

You tell which version you're playing very easily by the look of Peter Parker.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/comments/j2pyhs/peter_parker_in_marvels_spiderman_on_ps4_vs_ps5/

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Quick question lads.

I'm slightly confused!

If you click on the PS4 version and it gives you the option to download that means you are currently playing the ps5 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yeah. I heard it. Have no clue what it is. I doubt it's a Metal Gear thing. It's not a Sony game.

Bluepoint have worked on Xbox games too.

Quick question lads.

I'm slightly confused!

Press the PS button once and highlight the game, it will clearly say remastered on it.

petes wrote: »
    Bluepoint have worked on Xbox games too.

MGS is a Konami game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Cheers lads!

• Advertisement

That's part of the rumour, they did a deal with Konami to get Bluepoint to do a remake.

Advertisement