Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have seen this rumour doing the rounds today and it just doesn't make sense to me. Unless Bluepoint have massively expanded, I can't see them putting that much effort into Demon's Souls whilst also advancing development on another remake to the point where it is heavily rumoured to be announced soon.

I would love to be wrong but if this does exist it can't possibly be any further than early pre-production.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

F1ngers wrote: »
    Anyone hear a noise while in the Nexus?

Talk online that it's a noise from Metal Gear Solid.
    Rumour going around that Bluepoint are also working on a remake of MGS simultaneously with Demon's Souls.

They did a great job with the MGS HD collection so I'd love if they made more than the original as its a really short game if you know what you're doing. Just MGS 1-3 would be amazing, Konami have abandoned the engine seemingly(the next PES game will be made using the Unreal Engine game) but them 3 in the Fox Engine would have been amazing.
    Bluepoint seemed to hint that they are working on a Castlevania Symphony of the Night remake a few times too.

https://twitter.com/bluepointgames/status/1190010197315641344?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Sorry if this has been posted before, but my son logged into my PS5 this morning to give DS a run, he played for 3 hours, rest mode and his profile is gone from login screen?!

Documented below - he is not logging in as guest.

Anyone else experience this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jubi38/profile_not_saving_to_ps5/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

ERG89 wrote: »
    They did a great job with the MGS HD collection so I'd love if they made more than the original as its a really short game if you know what you're doing. Just MGS 1-3 would be amazing, Konami have abandoned the engine seemingly(the next PES game will be made using the Unreal Engine game) but them 3 in the Fox Engine would have been amazing.
    Bluepoint seemed to hint that they are working on a Castlevania Symphony of the Night remake a few times too.

https://twitter.com/bluepointgames/status/1190010197315641344?s=19

Are they also hinting about resistance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Quick question lads.

I bought Miles Morales Ultimate and am playing through Spider-Man Remastered.

It's the PS5 version that I bought and when I was setting up the game it game me the ray-tracing options etc......... I assume that means i'm playing the PS5 version?

Reason I ask is that when I go into the "three little dots" it doesn't give me the option to switch, but when I "view product" it says PS4.

I'm slightly confused!

The title screen will either say remastered or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

padair wrote: »
    Are they also hinting about resistance?

They seem to be hinting at a good few games in that tweet. Syphon filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Quick question lads.

It's the PS5 version that I bought and when I was setting up the game it game me the ray-tracing options etc......... I assume that means i'm playing the PS5 version?

Reason I ask is that when I go into the "three little dots" it doesn't give me the option to switch, but when I "view product" it says PS4.

I'm slightly confused!

Spider-Man Remastered is only available on PS5, there is no PS4 version of Spider-Man Remastered!

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's part of the rumour, they did a deal with Konami to get Bluepoint to do a remake.

It's a huge stretch though. People are saying it's a sound that Metal Gear Rex makes, listened to it and couldn't find anything from Metal Gear Rex that sounds the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Quick question lads.

I'm slightly confused!

PS4 games say PS4 beside their name on the top menu on the home screen, PS5 games don't say anything extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wing126 wrote: »
    It's a huge stretch though. People are saying it's a sound that Metal Gear Rex makes, listened to it and couldn't find anything from Metal Gear Rex that sounds the same.

I saw that, went and watched the Rex battle and have no idea where they're getting that from.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I saw that, went and watched the Rex battle and have no idea where they're getting that from.

Yeah, sounds more like ambient horror effects to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Finished MM today, what a game! Ending gave me goosebumps

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Has anyone had this issue... my controller just stopped connecting to the console. On screen it’s saying to press the PS button on the controller, I press it and it just flashes blue, like it isn’t connecting.

Do I have to reset it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone had this issue... my controller just stopped connecting to the console. On screen it’s saying to press the PS button on the controller, I press it and it just flashes blue, like it isn’t connecting.

Do I have to reset it or something?

Have you tried plugging the controller into the console with the cable? Might reconnect it.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Have you tried plugging the controller into the console with the cable? Might reconnect it.

Thanks so much for the tip. I tried it and it hasn’t worked. Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Kremin wrote: »
    Finished MM today, what a game! Ending gave me goosebumps

Same ,unreal !I wasn’t a big fan of Spider-Man universe but these two games have me hooked .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

PS5 Players Are Being Banned For Selling Access To Their PS Plus Collection To PS4 Owners!

I say good enough for them....pure greed!!

More scalpers basically!

PS5 users with access to The PS Plus Collection are apparently charging PS4 players a fee to sign into their PS5 consoles, thus giving them access to twenty free games. One user reportedly made more than $133 by charging almost $7 to sign in to their account.

https://screenrant.com/ps5-players-banned-selling-ps-plus-collection-ps4-owners/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Here's a fella in Galway selling a "photo" of a PS5 and he's got 32 bids and €810 so far. How can 32 people not read the actual advert where he clearly states several times its a photo.

Shame on ebay leaving it up too.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Playstation-5-Console-Disc-Edition-Photo/333802199575?hash=item4db8295a17:g:sNMAAOSwxKBfvr8j

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

.G. wrote: »
    Here's a fella in Galway selling a "photo" of a PS5 and he's got 32 bids and €810 so far. How can 32 people not read the actual advert where he clearly states several times its a photo.

Shame on ebay leaving it up too.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Playstation-5-Console-Disc-Edition-Photo/333802199575?hash=item4db8295a17:g:sNMAAOSwxKBfvr8j

Do these really work? The whole thing is bonkers.

Thanks so much for the tip. I tried it and it hasn’t worked. Hmm...

Ended up having to turn the console off completely via the button on it. Then the controller suddenly works again. Weird. Sorted anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

dohboy wrote: »

I hope not but seems so. Maybe the bids are a wind up like his ad, can only hope people aren't that stupid but some are unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

dohboy wrote: »

I presume it’s people with bots/scripts setup to automatically bid on one for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got my arse kicked in demon's souls tonight, completely my own fault for rushing it. Said I'd play something a bit more forgiving, nba 2k, Jesus that's more Souls like than Demon's. As i refuse to pay to insta upgrade my player, it has me basically the same skill level as a bag of potatoes, not fun. Wish i got Miles Morales instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got my arse kicked in demon's souls tonight, completely my own fault for rushing it. Said I'd play something a bit more forgiving, nba 2k, Jesus that's more Souls like than Demon's. As i refuse to pay to insta upgrade my player, it has me basically the same skill level as a bag of potatoes, not fun. Wish i got Miles Morales instead.

Nba 2k is basically the in game version of scalpers!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

How do people find the disk drive in the PS5? I am lucky in that my PS5 is almost silent UNTIL i put a disk in. Its such a contrast to how silent the console is normally and it doesn't help that it seems to randomly spin up for no reason when not playing the game (Spiderman MM). It would actually put me off buying disks and go download only (maybe that's Sony's evil plan ha ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

jones wrote: »
    How do people find the disk drive in the PS5? I am lucky in that my PS5 is almost silent UNTIL i put a disk in. Its such a contrast to how silent the console is normally and it doesn't help that it seems to randomly spin up for no reason when not playing the game (Spiderman MM). It would actually put me off buying disks and go download only (maybe that's Sony's evil plan ha ha)

In the other thread here for ps5 noise someone said when they put ps5 on its side it stops the disk drive noise. I must test my drive - havent put a disk in it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

jones wrote: »

I just posted in the Noise thread on here, I had very bad noise from my disk drive while the console was standing upright. It was incredibly bad on startup and kicks in every half an hour or so. It's a commonly reported problem online. Lay the console flat and the noise stops completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Spooch wrote: »
    I just posted in the Noise thread on here, I had very bad noise from my disk drive while the console was standing upright. It was incredibly bad on startup and kicks in every half an hour or so. It's a commonly reported problem online. Lay the console flat and the noise stops completely.

Except mine has always been horizontal 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Had Resi 3 remake downloaded, it's disappeared!

Advertisement