Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Darren 83 wrote: »
    A Samsung Qled would come close to an 8 series Sony, the tv you have picked is a good set don’t get me wrong just wouldn’t compare to a Sony.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanks mate, I was leaning towards it anyhow, everyone seems to be recommending it ;-)

M

I'd be more inclined to use richersounds, 6 year warranty and seem to be well recommended on boards.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Vincent's guide for setting up HDR on your fancy schmancy LG OLED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I’ve played the Xbox on a Samsung 75 8k tv and id prefer the LG oled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'd be more inclined to use richersounds, 6 year warranty and seem to be well recommended on boards.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-f
    reeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Do they have shops here in the south?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No, they have a "talk to" forum here though.

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

No but they deliver here, and their support and customer service is second to none. I bought a 65” LG C9 OLED off them this year. Magic TV, PS5 looks glorious on it, as does the Dolby Vision and HDR on the built-in Netflix, Prime and Disney apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭quokula

+1 on the Richer Sounds recommendation. They remain competitively priced while having the best customer service you'll find anywhere. They would always be the first place I look when buying a tv or home cinema equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

Echo what others have said about richersounds bought LG c9 and denon x3600 amp from them last year. Great service and very competitively priced

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Worms Rumble is the free game this month for PS5 and it's up on the Store now. At least the web version.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the Rainbow 6: Siege update has dropped?
    Or the Ni-oh 2 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Another +1 for Richersounds, it would be downright foolish to buy from anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Hi guys,

I have an issue with connecting to the internet via LAN.
    This was not an issue up until this week.

Using ethernet the PS5 connects to the LAN but not the internet.
    I can still connect to the internet using wifi from the same router but not using ethernet.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Hi guys,

I have an issue with connecting to the internet via LAN.
    This was not an issue up until this week.

Using ethernet the PS5 connects to the LAN but not the internet.
    I can still connect to the internet using wifi from the same router but not using ethernet.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Thanks

Are you with virgin by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

I know this isn’t the right thread for it but I see people talking about LG OLED’s, I just saw that this years X versions have gotten their VRR issues fixed, which they didn’t think they’d actually be able to do.

That had been putting me off but now bring on January sales! My 2014 Bravia won’t even bounce on it’s way out the door :)

Are you with virgin by any chance?

Eir

Eir

Did you start by simply rebooting the router?

Did you start by simply rebooting the router?

Yea, I have done all of that craic.
    I tried to delete the connection that is stored on the PS to set it all up again,
    but I cannot see any option for deleting.

Yea, I have done all of that craic.
    I tried to delete the connection that is stored on the PS to set it all up again,
    but I cannot see any option for deleting.

You don't set up a wired connection on the PS5, if there is a cable plugged into the ethernet port, it just uses it.

Have you tried using a different cable?

Markitron wrote: »
    You don't set up a wired connection on the PS5, if there is a cable plugged into the ethernet port, it just uses it.

Have you tried using a different cable?

It is still stored in the connections menu and you can configure it.
    It gave me the option of setting up a second one while pricking about with it this morning
    The cable worked fine for the last fortnight, but i'll give that a go.

• Advertisement

Have you tested another device like a laptop on that cable?
    Have you tried a different port on the router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Heard from a friend working in one of these stores that both Argos and Smyths are getting PS5 stock in on Thursday, Argos will be offering pre orders for €50, unsure about the amount of stock each store is getting, best of luck

ah nice first post, great that you created an account just to tell people your "news" and get thir hopes up :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Eir

I'm on eir and after it connects for me it takes 30 seconds to realise it's online, wired ore wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Heard from a friend working in one of these stores that both Argos and Smyths are getting PS5 stock in on Thursday, Argos will be offering pre orders for €50, unsure about the amount of stock each store is getting, best of luck

So your friend works in either Argos or smyths yet is able to tell you what both stores are planning?

On top of that, the PS5 has already been released so it's not preorder anymore, if it's available in Argos or Smyths then it's to collect immediately so i'm not sure what you're paying €50 for? Even at that, Argos in Ireland have never done preorders for anything

Top that all off with a lovely first post....

Varik wrote: »
    I'm on eir and after it connects for me it takes 30 seconds to realise it's online, wired ore wireless.

It connects to the internet via wifi no problem.
    Just no go with the wired connection - I have tried the above stuff and have now managed to delete the connection stored on the PS and recreate it but still no joy.

I will want the ethernet for downloading games and streaming.

It says it is on the local network but no internet.:confused::confused:

It connects to the internet via wifi no problem.
    Just no go with the wired connection - I have tried the above stuff and have now managed to delete the connection stored on the PS and recreate it but still no joy.

I will want the ethernet for downloading games and streaming.

It says it is on the local network but no internet.:confused::confused:

Did you reset the router? Not just turn it on and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

So your friend works in either Argos or smyths yet is able to tell you what both stores are planning?

On top of that, the PS5 has already been released so it's not preorder anymore, if it's available in Argos or Smyths then it's to collect immediately so i'm not sure what you're paying €50 for? Even at that, Argos in Ireland have never done preorders for anything

Top that all off with a lovely first post....

I bought one on the 19th, and it was called a preorder when I bought it. I was due to get it December 10th, I got it last Wednesday but thats aside the point. It was a preorder and it was bought after the console was released.

People on this thread talk as if they know all the inner workings of every shop selling the PlayStation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

is it just me or are PS support useless, wating 3 days now for even a response in regards to a refund on something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Eir

I’m with Eir and can’t connect using TP Links

• Advertisement

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    is it just me or are PS support useless, wating 3 days now for even a response in regards to a refund on something

They are useless when Sony don't have a major console launch, I can only imagine they are beyond useless at the minute.

Advertisement