Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Kinda shocked to see that COD Cold War is almost €80 in Argos, €75 in Smyths, €72 on Amazon UK.

Have always bought disc copies of all games when at all possible - Where are ye buying, any recommendations please?

Online or in store is fine - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Bioshock 4 is apparently in the works

https://gamerant.com/new-bioshock-game-big-daddy-infinite/

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

The cable works for Rocksmith on PS5. Have to use headphones, though, because there's no optical cable port.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Philly Rock

Hi lads I know someone who got a ps5 on stock X had to pay 1k would you really be that sad to pay 1k just wait will be in stock again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Are many of you using rest mode? I wasn't and then started to use it as I thought all was OK. Anyhow, at least twice now the PS5 has been put in rest mode and I see the amber lights etc. Then all of a sudden I look at it and no amber lights, it seems to be fully powered off!? I power it up and then it says I didn't power down the console correctly the last time? This has happened at least twice at this stage, the first time I wrongly blamed the partner but now it's happened again something is definitely up? Has this happened to anyone else? From now on no more rest mode!

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Are many of you using rest mode? I wasn't and then started to use it as I thought all was OK. Anyhow, at least twice now the PS5 has been put in rest mode and I see the amber lights etc. Then all of a sudden I look at it and no amber lights, it seems to be fully powered off!? I power it up and then it says I didn't power down the console correctly the last time? This has happened at least twice at this stage, the first time I wrongly blamed the partner but now it's happened again something is definitely up? Has this happened to anyone else? From now on no more rest mode!

Cheers,
    M

I've used it a few times with no problems. It would have been in rest mode for a few hours each time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep use rest mode loads with no issues, in game and out of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Not using rest mode at all.
    Also now when I exit a game I close it from the main menu as well and if an update is required for a game I wait for it to fully install before going near the damn thing
    Have had to do 2 hard resets in the first 3 days so being cautious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I use rest mode only to charge the controller when I'm not using it, but like Taltos I manually close games when I stop. I can see why people like the feature, but I've no need for it and power conservation/environment things I'm supposed to care about, I can say I do my bit! :pac:

But will be getting the charging dock once I can get my hands on one, so probably won't use rest mode then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

But will be getting the charging dock once I can get my hands on one, so probably won't use rest mode then.

Got an extension cable with USB ports on it... Just saying :)

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,

Cheers,
    M
    Rest mode issues are pretty widely reported. It could be software/firmware issues, or it could be hardware issues like an unstable power supply at low current. It's just too early to call.

The best thing is not to use it for a while (if you experience issues). Maybe in a month or two revisit the issue with the latest firmware. If you still experience the issue then, you might have to return the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Downloading fifa now. Killing myself I didn't check earlier as it's almost bed time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Have they fixed issues regarding extended drives? Is it safe to run ps4 games off it?

Had Dirt 5 recopy from disc today for some strange reason even though its ps5 version

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Any idea where the pulse headsets will be back in stock?

Trying to get one for a family member

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have they fixed issues regarding extended drives? Is it safe to run ps4 games off it?

Had Dirt 5 recopy from disc today for some strange reason even though its ps5 version

Been running games off of my external drive since day one no issues for me so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭quokula

Extremely impressed with the FIFA 21 PS5 upgrade.

The graphics are sharper as you’d expect, but that’s not a big deal. The haptics and adaptive triggers are fantastic however. You feel so much more through the haptics whether a tap on the ball or a tussle with another player. I’m pretty sure at one point there was a faint rumble in time with my home crowd chanting too. But it’s the trigger that’s the real revelation, when trying to run you can feel yourself being tugged back by an opposing defender, and then as the game goes on and fatigue kicks in it starts to feel like you’re running through treacle with a really tired player. Might be the placebo affect but when looking at substitutions I feel like my players are less fatigued now as I end up instinctively protecting tired players as I feel them tiring in a way I never did before.

Caveat to that is that I’m a pretty casual player who only really plays local multiplayer, the hardcore online players I know seem to prefer turning it off as they’d rather trade immersion for what they see as a competitive edge in quicker trigger movement.

Aside from that load times are non existent now, and the cards are a handy way to get straight into the mode you care about from the PS5 dashboard.

Very promising from the point of view of seeing some of the new console’s unique features being put to good use in a major third party game.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Is Death Stranding worth a buy at €20?

It really will be the controller which will make the 5 stand out from the Series. I know Xbox have had the adaptive triggers for years, but there's something extra that the haptics add, and even Phil Spencer was impressed by it (so no doubt we'll see something similar for the Xbox at some stage). I can't wait for Ratchet and Clank, I think this will be the first proper full game with the PS5 features in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Had a great time playing Fifa there. The improvement in graphics really stood out to me apart from the cut scenes which kind of looks the same. Feels like the first time I played HD gaming.

Gameplay is different to. Or maybe it's the controller but it just feels much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Anyone know if GameStop are accepting trade in for games during these trying times? I’ve platinum Demons and nearly done with Spider-Man so wouldn’t mind trading them in for another PS5 game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Really liking how the video recording works now, on PS4 you'd set it to keep the last whatever time length but if you saved it or hit record from here you'd be starting a new recording losing the chance to save the old stuff.

On PS5 I hit share and could choose to save the last few second, the last few minutes, or the last hour, and if I did save something I could still save a longer or shorter version of stuff I've already messed with. That last hour is still there less the time you've been messing with sharing videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Klair88 wrote: »
    Anyone know if GameStop are accepting trade in for games during these trying times? I’ve platinum Demons and nearly done with Spider-Man so wouldn’t mind trading them in for another PS5 game

CEX ?

Klair88 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they are. I was in one earlier picking up the Jin Sakai POP I ordered before lockdown, and asked them about trading in the Pro and VR. Gave me the price for both but mentioned they probably wouldn't be able to take the VR because of testing requiring staff to wear it, which imo is understandable during this.

Not going to trade the VR anyway, as with the camera GS are offering €60 credit (CEX not much better)! If anyone is interested, a 1TB Pro will net €200 trade or €160 cash right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

It really will be the controller which will make the 5 stand out from the Series. I know Xbox have had the adaptive triggers for years, but there's something extra that the haptics add, and even Phil Spencer was impressed by it (so no doubt we'll see something similar for the Xbox at some stage). I can't wait for Ratchet and Clank, I think this will be the first proper full game with the PS5 features in mind.

Xbox doesn’t have adaptive triggers, they just have a traditional rumble motor in the triggers so you can get old style vibration directly via the triggers, it’s nothing like adaptive triggers, and very few games seem to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They've managed to make Fifa 21 too fast, the game loads in before you can even have a proper look at your opponent's team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Got an email from Smyths during the night to say that new limited preorders will be available online tonight from 10:30pm, just in case anyone’s still looking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Got an email from Smyths during the night to say that new limited preorders will be available online tonight from 10:30pm, just in case anyone’s still looking :)

Got email too, but it said Dec 3rd so guess it was last night 10.30pm... Email received 10.39pm cheers smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not tonight. Was last nights batch

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Not tonight. Was last nights batch

Whoops sorry all! The email got to me at 1am and I didn’t read it properly, thanks a lot Smyths, hah :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Whoops sorry all! The email got to me at 1am and I didn’t read it properly, thanks a lot Smyths, hah :)

Twitter going mad!

3rd December close of business was the deadline to collect preorders (2 days after lockdown) so in retrospect it was obvious they’d put those back up for sale

Bit crappy sending emails at 1am telling you about it though but had they have told people too early in the day there’d be a frenzy, site crashes and bots galore

Advertisement