Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'd be fuming, however I was playing Astro's Playroom at the time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Need help from some of you techy types please.

My Samsung tv is a beaut - 4k and all that good stuff, however it only has 2 hdmi ports

1 (HDMI ARC) is being used for my Sonos Amp so I got a three in one out splitter (this one) for the 2nd one

In the splitter was my PS4, Chromecast and Switch which worked really well (as long as the Chromecast was plugged in - when only the ps4 was in it - it would switch to black and back sporadically)

Now the ps5 is causing issues, with the new hdmi lead it is switching sporadically off the source and back before it choses one of the other sources (same as I described above) and using the old HDMI that I used with the ps4 it randomly cannot find the source.

Is this an issue with the splitter - is it the hdmi leads (2.1 vs 2.0) or should I just get used to getting off my ass to change the leads manually?

Any help or suggestions would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Klair88 wrote: »
    Anyone know if GameStop are accepting trade in for games during these trying times? I’ve platinum Demons and nearly done with Spider-Man so wouldn’t mind trading them in for another PS5 game
    I was in GameStop yesterday and there was a sign up with current trade in values (including PS5) so I assume they're still doing trade-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Need help from some of you techy types please.

My Samsung tv is a beaut - 4k and all that good stuff, however it only has 2 hdmi ports

1 (HDMI ARC) is being used for my Sonos Amp so I got a three in one out splitter (this one) for the 2nd one

In the splitter was my PS4, Chromecast and Switch which worked really well (as long as the Chromecast was plugged in - when only the ps4 was in it - it would switch to black and back sporadically)

Now the ps5 is causing issues, with the new hdmi lead it is switching sporadically off the source and back before it choses one of the other sources (same as I described above) and using the old HDMI that I used with the ps4 it randomly cannot find the source.

Is this an issue with the splitter - is it the hdmi leads (2.1 vs 2.0) or should I just get used to getting off my ass to change the leads manually?

Any help or suggestions would be great :)

You need a new splitter, that one can't support the bandwidth of the PS5's HDMI output. I suggest you spend a few quid on it as well seen as how all of your devices are using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Apologies in advance, this is probably a stupid question but I’m not techy at all. My TV is 1080P. I noticed on the PlayStation 5 box it says 8K, 4K etc. Just wondering is my TV compatible or what the quality of the PS5 would be like on it ? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I was in GameStop yesterday and there was a sign up with current trade in values (including PS5) so I assume they're still doing trade-ins.

Traded in games in ganestop last Tuesday so all good on that front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

GavK wrote: »
    Apologies in advance, this is probably a stupid question but I’m not techy at all. My TV is 1080P. I noticed on the PlayStation 5 box it says 8K, 4K etc. Just wondering is my TV compatible or what the quality of the PS5 would be like on it ? Thanks.

Yes the TV is compatible, you'll get a 1080p HD picture from your PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I'd be fuming, however I was playing Astro's Playroom at the time :pac:

Most satisfying platinum I ever got

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Most satisfying platinum I ever got

Is it a pain in the arse to get? I loved the game and wouldn't mind going back to platinum it, but not if it is gonna annoy me and ruin my impression of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Markitron wrote: »
    Is it a pain in the arse to get? I loved the game and wouldn't mind going back to platinum it, but not if it is gonna annoy me and ruin my impression of the game
    Its a handy platinum. Few hours and you should be done. Very satisfying to get though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

The only sort of difficult part is the time trials but it’s absolutely doable. Otherwise it’s not difficult and shouldn’t take very long

Plus, you get to play with those wonderful controls for longer which I really miss. Can’t wait for games to start to fully utilise the adaptive feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The only sort of difficult part is the time trials but it’s absolutely doable. Otherwise it’s not difficult and shouldn’t take very long

Time trials aren't required for the Platinum. I didn't do them and have the trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭quokula

Nah they're all pretty straightforward. First and only platinum I've ever got.

You'll get the majority pretty easily by completing all the levels and collecting all the puzzle pieces and artefacts. There's a bunch more for interacting with the various things that get added to the trophy room, then a couple more for doing certain actions in the game, like hitting certain targets with the bow and arrow on the level where you pick it up. A couple of them you might need a guide to find, but they're all very doable.

It's a joy how quickly you can bounce around the different levels with zero loading times when you're hunting for collectables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lads is the media remote in stock anywhere online? Seems to be sold out in all the usual places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

It's really simple and very satisfying.

In fact it's so easy that I've never got a platinum in a game in all of my years playing PlayStation and this was my first.

You'll pick up more artefacts and puzzle pieces along the way so it's an enjoyable experience as opposed to being a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Lads is the media remote in stock anywhere online? Seems to be sold out in all the usual places

Are you sure you need it, your TV remote should be able to control some of the PS5 features already if it's anywhere modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

You need a new splitter, that one can't support the bandwidth of the PS5's HDMI output. I suggest you spend a few quid on it as well seen as how all of your devices are using it.

I assumed as much but nice to get confirmation on it.

Any ideas or recommendations? Don't wanna end up with the same issue again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Varik wrote: »
    Are you sure you need it, your TV remote should be able to control some of the PS5 features already if it's anywhere modern.

It’s not tbh man. I’ve a bog standard HD Toshiba that I got when the PS4 released. I had a media remote for the PS4 and they were handy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have to say DIRT 5 on the PS5 is in a terrible state still....you be lucky to get 5 races in before it crashes!!!!

I was on the codemasters website and it is a shambles aswell no news about the game at all and the last post was months ago....its like the game was not even play tested. When it works its very good the triggers and feedback is brilliant, but there is also a stampede race 3/4s of the way through and it just keeps resetting you top track at a certain corner.

Cant believe it has not been patched yet, thanx fcuk I got it for 34 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Finally got the PS5 in Argos today. Most of the staff had no idea that were there and two of them offered me money for it, then they ran to the store manager to ask if there's anymore 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

loughrey wrote: »
    Finally got the PS5 in Argos today. Most of the staff had no idea that were there and two of them offered me money for it, then they ran to the store manager to ask if there's anymore ��

Put a seat belt on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

loughrey wrote: »
    Finally got the PS5 in Argos today. Most of the staff had no idea that were there and two of them offered me money for it, then they ran to the store manager to ask if there's anymore ��

shes a furking beauty!! enjoy!!

i set mine up the other day , not allowed play it till xmas morning though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lads, with Spider-Man Remastered being so class and now Fifa 21 being so different and using the controller a bit........... it really feels like a next gen console! It's brilliant!

My brother has the new XBox and that didn't have nearly as much of a next-gen feel when I was playing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

So Tesco called me today about my cancelled pre-order with them.
    They are getting more in stock shortly and are calling down the list of cancellations to see if you still want one, they said my local store will have them available for collection on 14th December

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have to say DIRT 5 on the PS5 is in a terrible state still....you be lucky to get 5 races in before it crashes!!!!

I was on the codemasters website and it is a shambles aswell no news about the game at all and the last post was months ago....its like the game was not even play tested. When it works its very good the triggers and feedback is brilliant, but there is also a stampede race 3/4s of the way through and it just keeps resetting you top track at a certain corner.

Cant believe it has not been patched yet, thanx fcuk I got it for 34 euro.

Agreed it's disgraceful.
    The out of bounds reset point in Sandstone Valley is a joke.
    Got onto them on twitter about the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, with Spider-Man Remastered being so class and now Fifa 21 being so different and using the controller a bit........... it really feels like a next gen console! It's brilliant!

My brother has the new XBox and that didn't have nearly as much of a next-gen feel when I was playing it!

How is fifa different? Wouldn't mind picking that up in the sale at some point but interested to know what's different from the last gen games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How is fifa different? Wouldn't mind picking that up in the sale at some point but interested to know what's different from the last gen games.

Just get the new season update for Pes or what ever there calling it these days.

The game looks great considering it hasn't got a next-gen update and plays a million times better than any of the Fifa's. Plus its 20 euro at the most!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I wouldn't say FIFA is 'much' different TBH, though I was more of a PC player than console.
    On the whole, you can see the improvement over the other versions, some areas more than others, but it's the lovely little animations that are factored in now that elevate it. Caught Mane more than once eyeing up the fullback when play is developing on the other flank, just biding his time.
    Sometimes the cut scene replay shots dont look any improved over the PC, but its obviously due to some players having more time put into their models etc
    Lot more gesticulating from the players on decsions etc, DualSense gets a workout (but TBH, I'm more used to playing it on a Xbox pad). Personally I always found the PS pads a little imprecise with football games, but obviously others will feel different.
    Different default camera to the normal versions, which seems to give it a different 'feel' etc, bit like PES2020's camera actually, where it feels more TV, not quite catching up with fast paced through balls etc

Glad to pick it up on the cheap, but its still FIFA for better and worse, but doesn't give the next-gen WOW ahead of other titles IMO, so full price purchase is pushing it a bit. Skipping main titles direct from the dash is great though - one of the real improvements this gen.

Advertisement