Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    Agreed it's disgraceful.
    The out of bounds reset point in Sandstone Valley is a joke.
    Got onto them on twitter about the issues.

If you wanna do that stage you can, hug the left bend around (go wide left) and you will not get reset.
    But its a disaster TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lads, I'm going for the platinum on Astro (completed the main game), but looking at the trophies I still need to complete everything, and they're all listed as "hidden". That is, I have no idea what I've to do to complete the platinum! Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Lads, I'm going for the platinum on Astro (completed the main game), but looking at the trophies I still need to complete everything, and they're all listed as "hidden". That is, I have no idea what I've to do to complete the platinum! Is this normal?

Click the trophy, press options button and select to view hidden info.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There is an option to reveal the trophy details when in the trophy section.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So frustrating that fifa 21 on PS5 can't be played with ps4 players... Me and my mate can't play unless I have the ps4 version booted...

That tip for hidden trophies is brilliant thanks guys..

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Click the trophy, press options button and select to view hidden info.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    There is an option to reveal the trophy details when in the trophy section.

Cheers lads, got the first platinum now! Will try to get the second one for Astro before moving on to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cheers lads, got the first platinum now! Will try to get the second one for Astro before moving on to something else.

There's only one platinum on Astro unfortunately. The second set of trophies is only a gold and silver iirc.

I'm finding trophies menu way more annoying than on ps4. I wish we could display them like the old way as now, i can't even see the full name of each trophy, have to click into it because the cards are too big.

There's only one platinum on Astro unfortunately. The second set of trophies is only a gold and silver iirc.

Ah. Sure I'll go for them anyway, so long as the time trials don't wreck my head too much.
    I'm finding trophies menu way more annoying than on ps4. I wish we could display them like the old way as now, i can't even see the full name of each trophy, have to click into it because the cards are too big.

I wasn't overly familiar with the PS4 way of doing things, but this certainly doesn't feel intuitive or user friendly.

• Advertisement

I wasn't overly familiar with the PS4 way of doing things, but this certainly doesn't feel intuitive or user friendly.

Much easier to look at.

unnamed-17.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

How is fifa different? Wouldn't mind picking that up in the sale at some point but interested to know what's different from the last gen games.

Very polished but the gameplay feels much different.

The controller is definitely utilised. The adaptive triggers push back the more fatigued your player gets. Each player has a different gas tank and you can feel the trigger shift as you shift between players.

They've also changed the default camera angle. It seems you can see much more of the pitch.

Although it's a shame because I'd just started to get the hang of the game online, now I'm back to scratch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

How is fifa different? Wouldn't mind picking that up in the sale at some point but interested to know what's different from the last gen games.

I bought the PS4 US version for €29 from CDKeys on Wednesday. Although this
    is my first Fifa in the last three years, I only played the PS4 version for a couple of offline games and found it a bit meh.
    But updated to the PS5 version on Thursday and I'm enjoying it much more.
    The PS5 version looks and plays much better and the DualSense implementation is a nice touch, so far.

**** sake, haven't played nba 2k in a few days, put back in the disc and it's installing it again as well as a 30gb update. This was the first game i installed and it didn't auto start so i manually clicked to install so maybe that's why but what a balls. The other 2 games i want to play are disk so can't even play them while i wait. Says there's an hour left of data copying, wtf.

At least it auto installed this time so hopefully won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

Wondering if you can help me? I was asked to get a ps5 digital for Christmas but all I’ve been able to get is the full console.
    One of the reasons I think was so games can just be downloaded. So can they be downloaded on the full console I bought? Or cause it has a disc will I need to buy fifa 21 on ps5 even though he has it downloaded (I think) on the PS4.

Apologies in advance, I obviously don’t have a clue about this.... any info would be appreciated ☺️

Sottol wrote: »
    Wondering if you can help me? I was asked to get a ps5 digital for Christmas but all I’ve been able to get is the full console.
    One of the reasons I think was so games can just be downloaded. So can they be downloaded on the full console I bought? Or cause it has a disc will I need to buy fifa 21 on ps5 even though he has it downloaded (I think) on the PS4.

Apologies in advance, I obviously don’t have a clue about this.... any info would be appreciated ☺️

The full can do everything the digital can, just the extra ability of playing disks. Keep the full if you can. All his downloads on ps4 will work on the disk (full) version.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

The full console is the ideal, that's the best ones. The full one can do everything the digital can do and more. It's only a person's budget that has them choose the digital console.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

loughrey wrote: »
    The full console is the ideal, that's the best ones. The full one can do everything the digital can do and more. It's only a person's budget that has them choose the digital console.

I haven’t bought a disk in years and the disk drive doesn’t even support Dolby Vision so it’s money saved for me

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What roughly would be the breakdown of disc version verses online? Couldn't get any stats on this.

I haven’t bought a disk in years and the disk drive doesn’t even support Dolby Vision so it’s money saved for me

I used to do that until I sold my PS4 for an Xbox two years ago and lost about a hundred euros as I had no games to bundle with the sale. Since then I use disks as you can get like the latest Call of Duty Cold War on Adverts for 50€ as people bought PS5 games in the hype and realised the game isn't for them so flog them, so you can save able 25€ on release day games over digital as soon as they come out from owners that don't like the game

• Advertisement

What roughly would be the breakdown of disc version verses online? Couldn't get any stats on this.

They only breakdown is one has a 4K Blu Ray player built in with HDR10 support for movies and games, the other doesn't. I think it's good value as Blu-players on their own are generally over 200€, even for a basic one, so you're basically getting a decent Blu-ray player for 100€. It's a great advantage for people like me who bought a high end 2020 TV like the LG CX OLED so you can take full advantage of the TV, not just for games

M

They only breakdown is one has a 4K Blu Ray player built in with HDR10 support for movies and games, the other doesn't. I think it's good value as Blu-players on their own are generally over 200€, even for a basic one

Sorry should have been clearer, what is the % purchase of each, are most going the disc version or the other?

Sorry should have been clearer, what is the % purchase of each, are most going the disc version or the other?

The disk version is selling more than the Digital but there's more Disk version stock and that could be why too. They have made less of digital one, anticipating that people would have more demand for the disk one. Digital games hasn't fully taken off, the average consumer still prefers to have a physical copy so the disk version will be more popular for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

Also which accessories should I buy with it? I can’t ask him as he assumes I didn’t get once since demand was so high. There are loads of things but I never really found out what he needed with it. Controller? Remote? Charging stand? Earphones? Camera? Thanks!

I used to do that until I sold my PS4 for an Xbox two years ago and lost about a hundred euros as I had no games to bundle with the sale. Since then I use disks as you can get like the latest Call of Duty Cold War on Adverts for 50€ as people bought PS5 games in the hype and realised the game isn't for them so flog them, so you can save able 25€ on release day games over digital as soon as they come out from owners that don't like the game

While there’s definitely those benefits to disks, there’s also a category of people like myself who aren’t arsed dealing with Adverts regularly or trading games in, liking the convenience of downloads and not liking the clutter of game boxes.

I find PS sales so good I don’t feel the need to buy disks, and since I don’t have a lot of time to game, it takes me a month or two to finish a game, which means I rarely ever pay day one digital prices.

I do buy big first party games like TLOU and Ghost day one and I get a lot out of them to justify the download price.

M

The disk version is selling more than the Digital but there's more Disk version stock and that could be why too. They have made less of digital one, anticipating that people would have more demand for the disk one. Digital games hasn't fully taken off, the average consumer still prefers to have a physical copy so the disk version will be more popular for a few years

Thanks, may get one in the coming months, initial research is indicating there's sweet zero must have games at the moment, perhaps I am wrong. I know there's a new GTA offering due, that's about my entire interest right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Stupid question....what is the camera for? Streamers?

There’s an element of virtue signalling with the digital edition because although they make more money per game through the PS store, they lose much more per unit on digital than the regular model. A disk drive would cost $20 for them to include and wouldn’t account for a $100 difference between both models.

The digital edition is a great way for them to hit the €400 sweet spot, but in reality, they’re still trying to push the regular model as a person would have to buy more games per unit on the digital to offset the loss. Since casuals are the vast majority of sales for the lifetime of consoles and don’t actually buy that many games over the console’s lifetime, they may never recoup the loss on some people.

I’ve seen some wild estimates of digital editions only making up 1 in 10 of consoles, but data shows far closer to half of game sales are digital (and more than half now due to COVID lockdowns). If Sony were aligning with trends, digital would make up maybe 40% of the units, but they don’t.

Also which accessories should I buy with it? I can’t ask him as he assumes I didn’t get once since demand was so high. There are loads of things but I never really found out what he needed with it. Controller? Remote? Charging stand? Earphones? Camera? Thanks!

It depends. Is he a single player gamer who doesn’t play split screen local multiplayer games? Then he wouldn’t really need a second controller.

Does your TV have built in media apps like Netflix? Then it’s handier to just use them instead of booting up the PS5 to watch Netflix, so no need for the remote.

Charging stand, again only if you have the extra controller.

Earphones would potentially be a great accessory to make full use of the 3D audio. The pulse headsets are great value for money at €100, but they’re not necessary for 3D audio as any PS5 compatible headphones can recreate the effect.

Is he a streamer? If not no need for the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The only difference between disc version and digital is the digital version will never play any discs.. As Zero-Cool already said the disc version can do all downloads too... You got the better version which may have cost 100euro more but in the end it should be worth it, I'm sure lots of people that secured digital want the disc version and would be willing to pay the extra 100euro but I wouldnt risk going down that route.. at least now you have the warranty etc

Advertisement