Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sottol wrote: »
    Also which accessories should I buy with it? I can’t ask him as he assumes I didn’t get once since demand was so high. There are loads of things but I never really found out what he needed with it. Controller? Remote? Charging stand? Earphones? Camera? Thanks!

He would be more than happy with just the PS5 unit I'd imagine. Top work, bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The disc versions make a lot of fan noise.

The digital ones don't.

Glad to put this to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

duploelabs wrote: »
    The disc versions make a lot of fan noise.

The digital ones don't.

Glad to put this to bed

Basing that on what exactly? I've a disc version and it's very quiet!

petes wrote: »
    Basing that on what exactly? I've a disc version and it's very quiet!

If you read up through this thread, you'll see the different posters who have a disc version complaining about noise

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My disc version is whisper quiet, or at least whisper quiet in the ambient noise of the room.

The only exceptions are:
    When it’s reading / installing a disc, because of course a mechanical drive will make actual noise.

When the fan or drive audibly whirls calmly after every 30-45 minutes of use for around 15 seconds. I’d assume it’s the fan just cooling things after extended use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

If you read up through this thread, you'll see the different posters who have a disc version complaining about noise

Mine is silent. There might be some that are louder, but I know a few others with whisper quiet ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

To all the people managing to get a PS5 lately...

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yeah and there will be those with quiet PS5's. My disc drive might make noise when the disc is being read but that would be no louder than anything else with a disc drive. I never hear the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Just a quick question, how many controllers are included with the ps5?
    Santa is bringing FIFA so want to make sure 2 players can play.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

wilser wrote: »
    Just a quick question, how many controllers are included with the ps5?
    Santa is bringing FIFA so want to make sure 2 players can play.
    Thanks

Just the 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got the platinums in Bugsnax and Miles Morales. Enjoyed them both and my ps5 hasn't crashed since the first weekend I got it so the firmware update must have sorted that.

Only thing I can say I'm disappointed about is the trophy tracking. When it was announced I expected it to work by giving trophies like catch all Bugsnax a visible checklist in the trophy menu but instead it just does nothing.

For Miles Morales it just gave me a percentage for collectible trophies which is fairly useless since they're marked on the in game map, but it gives no percentage for the get x amount of kills with ability y trophies which would actually be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

So what Games are people enjoying on PS5?

(I'm due to pick up console from Argos tomorrow so just curious about other peoples experiences on games played so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got the platinums in Bugsnax and Miles Morales. Enjoyed them both and my ps5 hasn't crashed since the first weekend I got it so the firmware update must have sorted that.

Only thing I can say I'm disappointed about is the trophy tracking. When it was announced I expected it to work by giving trophies like catch all Bugsnax a visible checklist in the trophy menu but instead it just does nothing.

For Miles Morales it just gave me a percentage for collectible trophies which is fairly useless since they're marked on the in game map, but it gives no percentage for the get x amount of kills with ability y trophies which would actually be helpful.

The counter kept track of Bugsnax in the cards section. But it also had the in-game journal that showed them by areas so it wasn't a necessarily helpful example of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

I've been a release day purchaser of every PlayStation console except this one. 3 kids under 3 has completely decimated my free time and that's the only reason I didn't let myself get swept up into the frenzy.

That being said I'll probably still pick one up at some stage, and then just stare at it under the tv as it gathers dust while I run around cleaning up baby puke :pac:

The scalpers are starting to slither out from under their rocks. I see some as5hole is selling one on donedeal for €1000. I sincerely hope nobody is desperate enough to pay that.

To those of you who are revelling in the ecstasy of playing your shiny new PS5 for the first time - relish the time. Savour every hour of play and let no one tell you it is a waste of time. A day will likely come when you are too busy to have time to spend on gaming so make hay now while that glorious Sony sun is shining!

To say I'm jealous would be an understatement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 randomname2020

To get both the PS5 and PS4 version of FIFA 21 from a PS4 disc version, do you have to have played the game on your account on a PS4? I don't have a PS4 but I'm worried that if I buy FIFA 21 I'll have trouble finding matches online due to low PS5 supply

(I'm due to pick up console from Argos tomorrow so just curious about other peoples experiences on games played so far)

None of the launch titles appealed to me, picked up sackboy for my kids and I think I've played it more than they have. Brilliant game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hey,

I just got the Artics 7P - They're awesome but I'd prefer a higher max volume tbh.

Question,

If I plus the headphones into PS5 via USB to charge will they still charge while PS5 is in rest?

Can I use USB plug to charge them in wall socket?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

sticker wrote: »
    Hey,

I just got the Artics 7P - They're awesome but I'd prefer a higher max volume tbh.

Question,

If I plus the headphones into PS5 via USB to charge will they still charge while PS5 is in rest?

Thanks!

I think you can choose whether or not to allow the USB ports on the console to still deliver charge while the console is in rest. Wall charging will depend on the headset's battery and the amperage of the wall plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sticker wrote: »
    Hey,

Question,

Thanks!

There's also an option on charging for it only to give power to the USB ports for a certain time, so by default it only charges while in rest for the first few hours and then shuts off.

For the headset volume, make sure the console or the games are set to 100% as you might only be getting 100% on the headset but it's 100% of 60%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Varik wrote: »
    There's also an option on charging for it only to give power to the USB ports for a certain time, so by default it only charges while in rest for the first few hours and then shuts off.

For the headset volume, make sure the console or the games are set to 100% as you might only be getting 100% on the headset but it's 100% of 60%.

Cheers - Yeah first thing I checked, manual slider on headset is 100% and PS5 / Demon Souls voume at 100%.

It's very impressive and delighted with purchase - honestly its hands down the most comfortable and light headset I've ever had (and I've shelled out big reddies on the top end sets in the past).

FX are super crisp and deep but music is on the light side. I have the settings in PC to immersive as suggested by many DS players on reddit - still not 100% on Scoring - but still delighted TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    Managed to luckily secure a ps5 digital for xmas. My son has a ps4 and would have a profile etc. He's 17 so no panic with anything. Planning to set it up for Christmas day and buy and download miles morales. Havent actually got the console yet but it's confirmed from smyths. Usually xmas day is disaster for downloading and setting up stuff. Is there anyway I could set it up with say a profile of my own and then on the day let him add his own profile? Would the game be available across profiles?
    Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Hi folks,
    Managed to luckily secure a ps5 digital for xmas. My son has a ps4 and would have a profile etc. He's 17 so no panic with anything. Planning to set it up for Christmas day and buy and download miles morales. Havent actually got the console yet but it's confirmed from smyths. Usually xmas day is disaster for downloading and setting up stuff. Is there anyway I could set it up with say a profile of my own and then on the day let him add his own profile? Would the game be available across profiles?
    Cheers,
    Mick

Yes you can do that. Game will be available to all users. Its a good call to try it out, update it and get games downloaded at least a week before xmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Still PS4 games for me. Played The Last of Us 2 to completion and just starting out with Death Stranding now. Gave Astro and Miles Morales a whirl just to see what it can do with PS5 games, and will get back to them eventually - after Death Stranding, Valhalla and Cyberpunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Currently working way through Devil May Cry V Special Edition.

It was slow at first, but god damn Vergil's combat is possibly even more satisfying than Dante's. I barely even switch from using Yamato.

Edit: Also, it's much better playing through the game as one character. The constant switching in the normal story, even though I enjoyed all their combat styles, just always had you on the back foot. And while I enjoyed V's combat, I'm sailing through his levels much quicker as Vergil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Ah. Sure I'll go for them anyway, so long as the time trials don't wreck my head too much.

So, I completed the time trials in a total of 6:56, got the pop up saying I had gotten the trophy. Job done. Except when I exited the game, it said I hadn't completed it, despite recording my overall time. :rolleyes:

Screw it, I'm going to start something else. Has anyone played SotC on PS5? I'm assuming there are no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hi folks,
    Cheers,
    Mick

I have one already.

Very little setup needed really. Also the first power on has a splash screen. Unless you do a reset you won't see it. Games install faster than PS4 anyway. Leave the box sealed I'd say.

Like I normally set stuff up for my nephew , as I'm mr tech, he's getting a laptop and ps5 for Christmas. I know, mad isn't it. Anyway laptop is here in my house. Sealed, he's 17, let him figure it out. PS5 however, still with Sony. Has to get to little woods before getting to me.

For the fast setup get him to install the PlayStation app on his phone so when doing the setup you just scan the QR code on the screen and it automatically syncs.

Make sure the PS4 is nearby as well. Connect with LAN cable for a faster transfer of data. DO NOT TURN THE PS4 OFF DURING THIS. I learned the hard way. Nearly bricked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Odd one, just plugged controller into the supplied usb cable into the console and my wired headphones stopped working, was using them up until I plugged the controller in to charge. No audio at all.

Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Hi folks,
    Cheers,
    Mick

Wouldnt be my choice but if you decide to keep the box sealed as Berty mentions above (i have to agree - the first time startup sequence is really stunning) Just bear in mind Miles Morales is a large download. 39 GB reportedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

jj880 wrote: »
    Wouldnt be my choice but if you decide to keep the box sealed as Berty mentions above (i have to agree - the first time startup sequence is really stunning) Just bear in mind Miles Morales is a large download. 39 GB reportedly.

I guess if we kick it off early should be downloaded at some point..be more worried about services being down and unable to do anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I guess if we kick it off early should be downloaded at some point..be more worried about services being down and unable to do anything

Astro is built in, so he’ll have something to play even if you can’t download anything. It’s excellent.

Advertisement