Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My nephew was over last night, and I let him play Astro because I know when he turns on his PS5 on Christmas he wont bother with it, he's a Fifa type person, those Astro AC and Legion game I have won't interest him. Seeing the look on his face when he discoved haptic feedback was cool.

Also I did notice now that I have my mic turned off by default, when you play Astro it doesn't work properly. As soon as you get the bits where you have to blow(yellow mic light is on, therefore mic is off) then it just spins automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Will be setting this up for my son on Xmas day, he has a ps4 and an external hard drive. What's the best way to get started with this set up?
    Just sign into the psn account and let it do its thing? Can the hard drive he uses for the ps4 be used on the ps5? Thanks for any help with this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

wilser wrote: »
    Will be setting this up for my son on Xmas day, he has a ps4 and an external hard drive. What's the best way to get started with this set up?
    Just sign into the psn account and let it do its thing? Can the hard drive he uses for the ps4 be used on the ps5? Thanks for any help with this

If you install his ps4 games on the external drive, you should be able to hot swap it over to the new ps5 and they should be there to play without having to download them all over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Welp have came across my second issue with my PS5.

It can't use rest mode it seems. If I leave it in rest mode for anything over an hour and come back the entire system and in games have these micro freezes for a second plus.

Basically rets mode make the entire system laggy. Anyone else have this issue?

Other than that issue my other issue is how loud my fan is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Having trouble transferring data and not seeing much online about it. Transfering via ethernet cable. Just gets stuck on preparing to transfer will take a few minutes to restart the PS4. Last night I tried a second time and it got stuck at 16%. Just transfering safe data. 2GB. The PS4 actually just turned off as nothing was happening. Don't hear the HDD on the PS4 seeking data either.

I think I'll just transfer via USB. Although I suspect the PS4 HDD Might be on it's way out. It's not reading discs properly, but also painfully slow when downloading and installing updates to the point the system is lagging. Fingers crossed I get my save data!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I thought this Saturday night live skit on the PS5 was great!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1335457082942889985

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Nice... Have mine Preordered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

duploelabs wrote: »
    If you install his ps4 games on the external drive, you should be able to hot swap it over to the new ps5 and they should be there to play without having to download them all over again

That sounds handy enough, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Hey guys. Anyone know if there is a fix on the way for Call of Duty. Cold War. Played about 10mins on the multiplayer and decided to create an account with Activision to go online, it froze after I put in my email address, then a horrible noise from the speaker came, and then the PS5 restarted. Should I just avoid playing the game until a patch comes out I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Anyone else have this thing about starting games if the platinum seems too hard / too time consuming to achieve ?

Wish I could just play games and enjoy them without caring about trophies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Kremin wrote: »
    Anyone else have this thing about starting games if the platinum seems too hard / too time consuming to achieve ?

Wish I could just play games and enjoy them without caring about trophies

No :) don't care too much for trophies at all. It's a bit of a strange obsession for some. I can see that after finishing the game them having added replayability but to not even start a game because of the trophies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Turn off the trophy notifications. Simple as that. If they’re turning you off from playing a game, they’re ruining it for you. Purge them entirely - they’re meaningless ****e on the general scheme of things. Play and enjoy the games for what they are rather than a virtual checklist to tick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

petes wrote: »
    No :) don't care too much for trophies at all. It's a bit of a strange obsession for some. I can see that after finishing the game them having added replayability but to not even start a game because of the trophies!

Thats it exactly. I play the game the way I want, then if I still want to keep playing but am feeling a bit aimless (eg. Finished story, some side stuff), I'll check the trophy list and see whats left and usually use the platinum as something to keep playing towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Hey guys. Anyone know if there is a fix on the way for Call of Duty. Cold War. Played about 10mins on the multiplayer and decided to create an account with Activision to go online, it froze after I put in my email address, then a horrible noise from the speaker came, and then the PS5 restarted. Should I just avoid playing the game until a patch comes out I wonder

Yes! I had the exact same issue. Froze at that sign up page. I got around it by signing up for the account on the laptop. Then I was able to get past that screen by just logging in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

platinum definitely isn't a factor for me. The thing that makes me think twice about starting a game is length. I check HLTB but I need to stop doing that, pick a game and start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Unearthly wrote: »
    Yes! I had the exact same issue. Froze at that sign up page. I got around it by signing up for the account on the laptop. Then I was able to get past that screen by just logging in

Thanks. I'm just downloading every part of that game now just to make sure I have everything, and will sign up on the laptop then and give it a go. Cheers for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

CastorTroy wrote: »
    platinum definitely isn't a factor for me. The thing that makes me think twice about starting a game is length. I check HLTB but I need to stop doing that, pick a game and start it.

Only game I ever bothered to Platinum was Rainbow Six Siege, and was 90% most of the way there from natural play.

Nice thing to have, but you'd want to really like the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Hi everyone, just wondering has anyone had any issues with their triggers? I've noticed my R2 trigger is quite loose, as in there's like a little dead spot when I press it, a sponge like feel instead of a springy feel. I've googled and see some people on reddit with similar issues. I've emailed playstation about it now. Anyone with a similar issue?

Turn off the trophy notifications. Simple as that. If they’re turning you off from playing a game, they’re ruining it for you. Purge them entirely - they’re meaningless ****e on the general scheme of things. Play and enjoy the games for what they are rather than a virtual checklist to tick off.

This 100%. I've been gaming for 30 years and I find trophies a complete and utter waste of time in the grand scheme of game immersion.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Only game I ever bothered to Platinum was Rainbow Six Siege, and was 90% most of the way there from natural play.

Nice thing to have, but you'd want to really like the game.

For me the my only playnium was Bloodbourne, I was just chucking hours into it and loving every minute - including Chalice Dungeon runs and up it popped.

It was not special at all being honest. I feel wearing a platium badge is not at all important, its the game experience and enjoyment - not that EVERY collectable and objective has been completed. Always seems a waste of time to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

sticker wrote: »
    This 100%. I've been gaming for 30 years and I find trophies a complete and utter waste of time in the grand scheme of game immersion.

But they're great for those interested. If you don't like them that's fine but personally if I like a game it can add a lot of longevity to it or an extra challenge. I'm ****e at Tony Hawk but I've been enjoying learning tips on how to play better to get trophies and unlock more stuff in game etc. I've seen and done things I wouldn't normally have. I definitely get more out of a game these days than when I had a PS2 as I would normally be done with a game once the story was beat but there's a lot more to a game these days.

Collectables are hit and miss but the likes of harder difficulty trophies can be enjoyable or completing Resident Evil without healing or using the item box for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Depends on the game I think.
    I definitely wouldn't have gotten the most out of Days Gone if I didn't go for the platinum taking down all the Hordes.
    That was the best part of the game.
    Would have missed out if I just did the story and then moved on to the next game.

If the game requires multiple playthroughs I normally wont bother though.

I'm loving it atm. Ended up getting Valhalla yesterday so I'll have that and Cyberpunk to enjoy over Christmas. One thing that worries me slightly is that developers won't use haptic feedback outside of for exclusive games. It's really one of the first pieces of controller feedback that I've seen in a while that strikes me as a game changer. And I'd love to see it spread.

I know a guy who basically platinums every game he plays, he once played through all of Half Life 2 while carrying a garden gnome so he could get platinum. Was one of the more amusing achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'm loving it atm. Ended up getting Valhalla yesterday so I'll have that and Cyberpunk to enjoy over Christmas.

I need to finish ACV before Cyberpunk comes out, I can't play 2 massive games like those at the same time.
    One thing that worries me slightly is that developers won't use haptic feedback outside of for exclusive games. It's really one of the first pieces of controller feedback that I've seen in a while that strikes me as a game changer. And I'd love to see it spread.

I was worried about this before release but I'm not anymore, I really think it is going to take off. its absence in AC is noticeable but, considering the sheer amount of platforms that game has launched on, its understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Markitron wrote: »
    I need to finish ACV before Cyberpunk comes out, I can't play 2 massive games like those at the same time.

I just learned that the PS5 version of Cyberpunk won't be out 'til 2021. You can play the Ps4 version and get a free upgrade when available, but I think I'm gonna wait for the PS5 version. I'm not one for playing through a game more than once, so will wait for the best experience.

I just learned that the PS5 version of Cyberpunk won't be out 'til 2021. You can play the Ps4 version and get a free upgrade when available, but I think I'm gonna wait for the PS5 version. I'm not one for playing through a game more than once, so will wait for the best experience.

Normally I would wait for that kind of thing, but the PS4 version is at least running with enhancements for PS5 on day 1, which is enough for me.

I will replay the full fat PS5 version when that comes out.

Markitron wrote: »
    Normally I would wait for that kind of thing, but the PS4 version is at least running with enhancements for PS5 on day 1, which is enough for me.

I will replay the full fat PS5 version when that comes out.

I'm torn on this one - Collectors Edition on the way but I fully appreciate the notion to wait to experience this game first time with full PS5 patch support.

Both sides have merits :D

I'm torn on this one - Collectors Edition on the way but I fully appreciate to wait to experience this game first time I may wait. Both sides have merits :D

I suppose you can just decide when we find out exactly what enhancements it is running with on the PS5. It could be that the full PS5 version is running at the same framerate and resolution as the enhanced PS4 version, just at higher settings etc.

I'm sure Digital Foundry are on this as we speak. I'm sure all hell will break loose if the PS5 once again outperforms the Series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I'm torn on this one - Collectors Edition on the way but I fully appreciate the notion to wait to experience this game first time with full PS5 patch support.

Both sides have merits :D

Usually I wouldn't have the patience to wait*, but I have so many great games I bought, lined up but have yet to play or complete:

Valhalla
    God of War
    Death Stranding
    Miles Morales

So I'm hoping by the time I get through those there'll be a PS5 version.

*I'll probably cave by Thursday and go against everything I said here

• Advertisement

Usually I wouldn't have the patience to wait*, but I have so many great games I bought, lined up but have yet to play or complete:

Valhalla
    God of War
    Death Stranding
    Miles Morales

So I'm hoping by the time I get through those there'll be a PS5 version.

*I'll probably cave by Thursday and go against everything I said here

Start playing God of War.

I guarantee that after 10 minutes in that game, it won't even occur to you that other games even exist.

Advertisement