Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

There's a glitch at least every hour......but it isn't game breaking :pac:

Looks like it is worth waiting for this to be patched up down the line.

He said performance was bad even on a high end PC.. doesn't sound good for ps4 and base Xbox one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Mecrab wrote: »
    He said performance was bad even on a high end PC.. doesn't sound good for ps4 and base Xbox one lol

Yep - Interesting conversations here also below - no spoilers needless to say but impressions...

Looks like a slow burner and as Arekkz pointed out this is first an RPG, second an RPG, third an RPG and fourth a shooter...

I'd personally preffer to go into this (when I decide to) with lowered expectations and be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

DaveyDave wrote: »
    To be fair there's a decent improvement over the PS4, between faster loading, full speed downloads for games and updates along with the very quiet fan, it's a pretty good improvement overall. I'm saying this as someone who has no PS5 games and had to purchase a PS5 sooner rather than later due to a faulty disc drive.

In saying that, a lot of the games are PS4 generation so won't have the full potential of better graphics. It will probably be another year or two before the games look truly next gen, but the console itself has some immediate improvements in day to day use. Although I can't get 4K HDR, I believe there's a bug and the suggested work arounds don't help me with my Samsung Q70/Pioneer AVR. PS4 Pro worked fine.

Nothing worth buying a console over, but there's certainly a lot less waiting around which was always a pain with big day one patches. I'd say wait for Q1/Q2 2021 for the rest of the launch window games to come out for a better selection of games though.

Yeah, faster download times and no noise is great but I've been using an Xbox Series X and find the Quick Resume to be far faster than than PS5 as it takes you right to where you left off without any load screen or X to confirm resume. I really hope Sony improves that as that was the biggest thing I was looking forward to and so far the Xbox is much faster with Quick Resume. Heading said that I think the PS3 was still a bigger leap as it introduced both full HD, Blu-ray, and online multiplayer, we had 4K with the PS4 Pro so we're not jumping to a new generation of resolution this year, we're just increasing the frame rates etc. It has said these consoles support 8K but I've read that's just up to 30fps which would be unplayable. We'll likely have to wait for the Pro to get true 8K support. All-in-all I'm pretty happy but I guess I expected more from this generation of consoles after 7 years, I definitely wouldn't say I'm hyped like I was for previous releases. Maybe we had is so good with the PS4 Pro, thy noise and slightly slower load times aside. I guess we've reached a technological ceiling where gadgets don't show revolutionary leaps anymore like the old days and they've become more iterative jumps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

To those that finished Bugsnax.

Tell me that final section isn't something straight out of a Resident Evil game
    :pac::pac:

KevC20 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone ever bought games off CD Keys ? I'm looking at fifa 21 and its 45 euro

I get my PlayStation plus from them for years and never had any issues with the codes, I assume games would be the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

KevC20 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone ever bought games off CD Keys ? I'm looking at fifa 21 and its 45 euro

Are you actually buying the game here or an account?

Anyone else hoping the Metal Gear Solid Remastered rumours are true? It's actually one of the main reasons I chose the PS5 type generation as it's supposed to be a PS5 exclusive. Apparently Sony are paying for its production and accompanying it with an A-star casted Metal Gear Solid movie also made by Sony. The the idea of the best game in video game history being Remastered in 4K HDR is just too much for me. There's only three games I like playing: Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, and Metal Gear, couldn't give a toss about any other games. Though the Spider Man game does look amazing looking so I'm tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Gave Astro a go, the controller is actually amazing. Does Miles Morales make use of the haptic feedback?

mutley18 wrote: »
    Gave Astro a go, the controller is actually amazing. Does Miles Morales make use of the haptic feedback?

I'm not sure but personally I've found the haptic feedback negatively affecting my gaming so I had to switch it off. It kind of gives me the shivers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well after trying my hardest to get DIRT 5 working it ate my saved game again last night.....had to turn of the cloud aswell as it was corrupting save especially Demon Souls. Game crashed so hard there about an hour ago it just literally deleted my saved game in console storage....thats twice I have restarted it and got 3/4 of the way through the game.

Gonna try get a refund or store credit in Smyths, but I can see the "not our fault blah blah" coming.

Codemasters customer support is non exsistant also, and the website looks like its yrs old. Gave them stick on twitter and FB and nothing!!!!

• Advertisement

loughrey wrote: »
    Anyone else hoping the Metal Gear Solid Remastered rumours are true? It's actually one of the main reasons I chose the PS5 type generation as it's supposed to be a PS5 exclusive. Apparently Sony are paying for its production and accompanying it with an A-star casted Metal Gear Solid movie also made by Sony. The the idea of the best game in video game history being Remastered in 4K HDR is just too much for me. There's only three games I like playing: Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, and Metal Gear, couldn't give a toss about any other games. Though the Spider Man game does look amazing looking so I'm tempted

Showing my age here now but I remember back in PS1 days getting the Playstation gaming mags montly from Easons and having sporadic news appear here and there, then the buzz of seeing the trailer on an attached PCCD disc - Playable demo pre launch was a complete jaw dropper and wore out with replay!

Would love to see BP develop a remake. They can take my money now without any details!

For those in their mid 40's... :D

:eek:
    https://youtu.be/10AZRVSRUEA?t=597

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

loughrey wrote: »
    There's only three games I like playing: Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, and Metal Gear, couldn't give a toss about any other games.

You should probably get out more (in gaming terms).

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Sounds like the perfect length.

Witcher 3 was 50 plus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great to hear of an open-world game not get bogged down by a tediously long main quest. 15-20 hours is a major selling point for me with that sort of game. Witcher 3’s main path was painful to trudge through at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yes but side quests in it are deeper, more robust and less throwaway than other games providing standalone arcs. I've read reviews where people are at around 50 hours after the side quests and main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

I'd imagine you'd have to fairly rush it to finish in 15 hours?

Research deeper... sidequests a huge and polished component taking a vastly larger game time.

Quote:
    My experience with the game has been limited, a narrow slice of what the title offers, with dozens of unexplored activities left for me to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Being asked by the family to give them the name of a game I want for my ps5 for christmas with a max of €60. Hard to do when there isn't much choice but im totally stuck on which to tell them!

Dbeating between Miles Morales (but I heard its not worth getting that version and to pay more for the ultimate edition down the line?), AC Valhalla and Watch Dogs. Which would ye say would be the best of the three to get? Only really getting into gaming again! TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sticker wrote: »
    Research deeper... sidequests a huge and polished component taking a vastly larger game time.

He was talking about main story though - 15hrs or so.
    Nothing to do with side-quests.

Will hold off on buying, will see what boardsies think of it on console before purchasing.

F1ngers wrote: »
    He was talking about main story though - 15hrs or so.
    Nothing to do with side-quests.

Will hold off on buying, will see what boardsies think of it on console before purchasing.

Main story length always relative to play style. All reports are suggesting side quests here are as well produced as main story in some cases more so.

From early reports 2077 side missions are indeed as important a consideration when it comes to solid gameplay time and not just shoehorned fluff content.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Being asked by the family to give them the name of a game I want for my ps5 for christmas with a max of €60. Hard to do when there isn't much choice but im totally stuck on which to tell them!

Dbeating between Miles Morales (but I heard its not worth getting that version and to pay more for the ultimate edition down the line?), AC Valhalla and Watch Dogs. Which would ye say would be the best of the three to get? Only really getting into gaming again! TIA.

None of them are €60 though are they?

Maybe get PSN credit and pre-order an upcoming game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

TitianGerm wrote: »
    None of them are €60 though are they?

Maybe get PSN credit and pre-order an upcoming game?

They are in smyths!

Didn't actually think of the credit, could do that and then put some more money towards demons souls or something. Thanks for that idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

They are in smyths!

Didn't actually think of the credit, could do that and then put some more money towards demons souls or something. Thanks for that idea!

If you go for Miles Morales you can upgrade to the Ultinate edition for an extra 20 quid on the in game menu

sticker wrote: »

Quote:
    My experience with the game has been limited, a narrow slice of what the title offers, with dozens of unexplored activities left for me to finish

Eh, no, I read the article. My comment stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cyberpunk download is live now. It didn't auto start for me so with check your library and hitting download of you preordered digitally.

Download speeds quickest yet, telling me 102 gb's will take 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I downloaded 40GB in under 2 hours earlier on my PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Ive been checking out the new reviews of CYberpunk2077. And I have gone from being all over this game on day1 to now saying I think Ill wait for th PS5 Version.
    Seems buggy as hell and several reviewers saying it has the potential to be amazing but is not yet.Lot of 7/10 scores. Im very surprised and disappointed

Valhalla PS5 & MilesMorales, here I come.

• Advertisement

Eh, no, I read the article. My comment stands.

Fair enough... perhaps when we both have hands on playtime ourselves we can determine value of quality game time. It's probably not objective to judge on either side without experiencing it personally!

Advertisement