Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

sticker wrote: »
    Fair enough... perhaps when we both have hands on playtime ourselves we can determine value of quality game time. It's probably not objective to judge on either side without experiencing it personally!

I wasn’t judging anything. I absolutely will do all the side quests, I always do. I was merely expressing surprise that the main quest is so short, especially for a game by that studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Cyberpunk looks quite buggy, and critics didn't even get to review the PS4 version. This is the version we would be playing on PS5 in backwards compatibility. It'll probably have higher frame-rates but it'll be the same game. If you saw the gameplay reveal last month of the PS4 version you would notice that the streets look very bare due to a much lower NPC count to the PC version.

I'm happy to wait until the full PS5 version. The bugs should be ironed out by then and we'll get to play it in something like its full glory without handicaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I wasn’t judging anything. I absolutely will do all the side quests, I always do. I was merely expressing surprise that the main quest is so short, especially for a game by that studio.

Agreed. I'm always a little guarded when it comes to reported quest play time. As I mentioned I'll judge by my own play through. I have some faith the content will be quality over exhaustive time heavy play. There seems to be a recent necessity to prolong quests simply for the time stat.

All early reports are agreeing the side quest element is large and this will expand the experience...

That said it's a real shame a lot of bugs exist in this version released to reviewers. I think I will wait also for proper patching...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I don't really understand people freaking out about play time.

The recent RE3 remake was by far the weirdest. Remake of a 5 hr game, sequel to a 5 hr game that was itself a remake of a 5 hr game and people go mental when they find out it is in fact another 5 hr game

Markitron wrote: »
    I don't really understand people freaking out about play time.

The recent RE3 remake was by far the weirdest. Remake of a 5 hr game, sequel to a 5 hr game that was itself a remake of a 5 hr game and people go mental when they find out it is in fact another 5 hr game

Yep... It's always about quality of play for me over time. It's a simple practice to make a campaign overly long, better and braver strategy is to create the best content for the player even if it takes a swipe at game length.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Random question, if I buy a ps5 disc game which also has a PS4 version, does the PS5 disc give access to both the PS4 version and PS5 version ? I only copped to check on worms for example there and was on the PS5 version but does the same apply for disc and theres a risk I could accidentally play PS4 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kremin wrote: »
    Random question, if I buy a ps5 disc game which also has a PS4 version, does the PS5 disc give access to both the PS4 version and PS5 version ? I only copped to check on worms for example there and was on the PS5 version but does the same apply for disc and theres a risk I could accidentally play PS4 version?

Nope. The PS5 discs don't work the other way.

Nope. The PS5 discs don't work the other way.

Funny story, in the 90's a friend of mine had the PC CDROM of the original Tomb Raider, he thought nothing of putting it in his PlayStation and just assumed it would work.

He is not a stupid person, I still give him abuse about it to this day.

The 20-25 hr play time is if you only play the main story, which is what some reviewers did to get a review out in time. IGN's reviewer said he played about 20 hours and created a save game before the ending. He then went back on that save after finishing and did another 25 hours of side missions and opened up 6 more ending options before the review deadline.

Some of the YouTubers are only giving impressions because they couldn't finish it on time for a review. One of them said 20 hours in and he hasn't even scratched the surface.

There seems to be tons of content once you start going down the side mission path. The What Culture said in his impressions he was getting option paralysis. He said the side mission bar gets overwhelming and he ended up with loads of missed calls and emails for more side missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

sticker wrote: »
    Yep... It's always about quality of play for me over time. It's a simple practice to make a campaign overly long, better and braver strategy is to create the best content for the player even if it takes a swipe at game length.

Assasins creed odessey would be a prime example of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The What Culture said in his impressions he was getting option paralysis. He said the side mission bar gets overwhelming and he ended up with loads of missed calls and emails for more side missions.

That actually sounds really annoying.

I wonder how OP you'll end up by the time you finish Cyberpunk doing all the side missions you can. On The Witcher 3 you end up seriously OP.

You can't even do all the side missions on one playthrough because choices you make influence what's open to you. Some side missions will be locked out depending on earlier decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I wouldn't bother with Cyberpunk reviews. All were on PC where hardware varies (although probably had beefy machines)

Reviewers also had to be speed running the game and more the likely skipped the side quests just to try get the first review out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I lost a few hours of gameplay in the Witcher, some stupid Vampire thing, I got caught in a loop and couldn't kill him or leave the fight. Had to go back through a good few saves to find a working point. The game just goes on and on and one especially with the expansion packs that came with the game. I love long stupid games with stupid side quests.

In real life if you were off to save somebody from the clutches of an evil warlord, ask to do so by a King or Queen would you really stop to help somebody with mutant rats eating their corn in a field? Would you feck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Lads does anywhere have ds5's and the ps5 headset in stock?

I bought The Witcher 3 edition with the expansion pass. By the time the expansion came out I'd already finished the game. I kept meaning to go back and play them but I find it hard to muster the want to return to it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi,

I’m Looking for an external hard drive to use PS4 games on a PS5.
    It’s mainly for my son who currently operates on a 500gb PS4 with just enough space.

I heard keeping the PS4 games on an external drive is good for the PS5 to keep space on there for PS5 games or am I totally misunderstanding this?

I understand I need USB3 and 250gb minimum but can I simply get the cheapest HDD/SSD that meets that bill?

I don’t need a 4tb drive!

I bought The Witcher 3 edition with the expansion pass. By the time the expansion came out I'd already finished the game. I kept meaning to go back and play them but I find it hard to muster the want to return to it.

Well if you bought it on PS4 you will get a free PS5 upgrade, which is the perfect opportunity to go back and do the expansions. They are absolutely brilliant and very much worth playing.

If you were to ask me to name my top 10 moments/quests in TW3, I am not exaggerating when I say that 9/10 are from the expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Gumbo wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m Looking for an external hard drive to use PS4 games on a PS5.
    It’s mainly for my son who currently operates on a 500gb PS4 with just enough space.

I heard keeping the PS4 games on an external drive is good for the PS5 to keep space on there for PS5 games or am I totally misunderstanding this?

I understand I need USB3 and 250gb minimum but can I simply get the cheapest HDD/SSD that meets that bill?

I don’t need a 4tb drive!

I have an external drive for the exact same thing but I haven't connected it yet as there are reports of people having problems connecting a HDD via USB so I'd investigate that before buying anything.

Well if you bought it on PS4 you will get a free PS5 upgrade, which is the perfect opportunity to go back and do the expansions. They are absolutely brilliant and very much worth playing.

If you were to ask me to name my top 10 moments/quests in TW3, I am not exaggerating when I say that 9/10 are from the expansions.
    I think I may. Like I mentioned earlier I'm not bothered getting Cyberpunk until full PS5 version. I'm going through my PS4 backlog anyway before PS5 games start coming so may as well add it to the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Hi all.
    Quick question about docking stations... Anyone know if this one is reliable or not?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08MCJ5YQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_UR1ZFbA860XFH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Or is there one type/brand in particular I should avoid or aim for?

Thanks!

Hi all.
    Quick question about docking stations... Anyone know if this one is reliable or not?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08MCJ5YQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_UR1ZFbA860XFH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Or is there one type/brand in particular I should avoid or aim for?

Thanks!

That isn't much of a discount on the official one, why not just go for that one?

That isn't much of a discount on the official one, why not just go for that one?

Haven't looked too hard yet but it's unavailable on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You need to use an Adaptor for it, which I'm sure it comes with but at least the Sony OEM version connects with the other port which is better. I know you can't buy them right now which is annoying as I need one for somebody as a gift.

Might go ahead and re-box my own one and wait till after Christmas to get another Sony one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is it just me or is the disc drive a tad quieter? The stand also seems to help reduce vibrations when loading but it really doesn't sound that loud. I had to laugh at a comment on Reddit saying "it has no right to be this loud" I just installed both discs for RDR2 and it wasn't that bad. Obviously with a quiet system you notice the random disc spinning but it's a non issue and should be patched soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

CDPR announced most of the bugs mentioned in CP2077 reviews were from the PC Day 0 patch and most will be sorted with the Day 1 patch on PS5.
    I shudder to think of what it will be like on the Base PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    CDPR announced most of the bugs mentioned in CP2077 reviews were from the PC Day 0 patch and most will be sorted with the Day 1 patch on PS5.
    I shudder to think of what it will be like on the Base PS4.

People who have PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

A few tidbits of info on the PS Blog regarding Hitman III, including DualSense support.

• Advertisement

Bought a SteelSeries 7P for PS5 and am f'n chuffed with them - highly recommended.

This headset is unreal with 3D audio on PS5, just plug and play too - wireless.

Anyway got a mail from Steelseries this afternoon about new custom caps and straps available today and ALL SOLD OUT already. Jaesus!

New Cyberpunk ones too...

Steelseries Limited Editions

Advertisement