Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

sticker wrote: »
    Bought a SteelSeries 7P for PS5 and am f'n chuffed with them - highly recommended.

Does the USB-C to USB-A adapter work on the PS5? I really like the look of those Arctis 7P's but I ****in hate that stupid design of USB-C dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone struggling with adding payment card to Indonesian PSN. Won't accept anything

Wing126 wrote: »
    Does the USB-C to USB-A adapter work on the PS5? I really like the look of those Arctis 7P's but I ****in hate that stupid design of USB-C dongle.

It works on the PS4 so don't know why it wouldn't on the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ugh PS5 crashed while playing Bugsnax. was on the last Bugsnax needed for trophy and save is now gone, only have one from last week.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »

I''m out now mate. As above though - its an adapter so same signal going in - should work fine.

I'm using the offical charging station plugged into rear PS5 USB port so zero need for the front USB for me. Also, the headset dongle can be pulled in/out whenever another device is needed - pairs straight away again when plugged in again.

Incredible sound, light and extremely comfortable... Best headset I've ever owned. The PS5 sound engine helps too!

Ugh PS5 crashed while playing Bugsnax. was on the last Bugsnax needed for trophy and save is now gone, only have one from last week.

For the first time today I had two game freezes - PS UI still working but game froze - Demon Souls and Division 2...

I also had serious framedrops during a DS session last week, restarted the game and it fixed it..?!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    A few tidbits of info on the PS Blog regarding Hitman III, including DualSense support.

Garroting never felt so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

double GG wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just wondering has anyone had any issues with their triggers? I've noticed my R2 trigger is quite loose, as in there's like a little dead spot when I press it, a sponge like feel instead of a springy feel. I've googled and see some people on reddit with similar issues. I've emailed playstation about it now. Anyone with a similar issue?

Just updating on this, still haven't got a reply from PlayStation by email, tried ringing but was on hold for too long so just packed it in. Tweeted them now and hoping for a reply from ask playstation.

The r2 button has gotten progressively worse and phantom touches are quite common and I sometimes have to physically flick the trigger out as it gets stuck in, so yeah that's annoying alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Spring probably snapped or might be something weird going on with the adaptive triggers.

• Advertisement

From PC Gamer Cyberpunk review...

We received a 50GB patch during our review period. CDPR referred to this patch as the Day 0 patch. When asked for clarification whether the patch will be what players were receiving at launch, a CDPR representative told us that the Day 0 patch is what people will be experiencing on launch day. It is the Day 1 patch, only different in name. More fixes will be rolled into the Day 0 (Day 1) patch, but we cannot specify exactly what.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

I''m out now mate. As above though - its an adapter so same signal going in - should work fine.

I'm using the offical charging station plugged into rear PS5 USB port so zero need for the front USB for me. Also, the headset dongle can be pulled in/out whenever another device is needed - pairs straight away again when plugged in again.

Incredible sound, light and extremely comfortable... Best headset I've ever owned. The PS5 sound engine helps too!

Can confirm the adaptor works absolutely fine.I have the same headset and plugged the adaptor into the rear USB A port and then into the dongle so now I don’t even know it’s there.

Also I have had a few headsets including the ps5 pulse and the Arctis 7P is by far the most comfortable and best sounding headset I have used.

They also have a black version if you create an account on their website and make sure to google a promo code before making a purchase with them as they always have 10-15% off codes online.

From PC Gamer Cyberpunk review...

We received a 50GB patch during our review period. CDPR referred to this patch as the Day 0 patch. When asked for clarification whether the patch will be what players were receiving at launch, a CDPR representative told us that the Day 0 patch is what people will be experiencing on launch day. It is the Day 1 patch, only different in name. More fixes will be rolled into the Day 0 (Day 1) patch, but we cannot specify exactly what.

It's all in the cyberpunk thread.

There was a additional 28GB patch today, that those who've the digital version downloaded got.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Graphics in Cyberpunk are the most impressive I've seen to date? The realism is absolutely incredible, and that is on Youtube with the 1080p cap. I'd say it will be mind-blowing on the PS5, once upgraded.

Just found out that while it mutes the mic if you press the mic button, if you hold it then it mutes the audio fully.

Evilbart wrote: »
    Can confirm the adaptor works absolutely fine.I have the same headset and plugged the adaptor into the rear USB A port and then into the dongle so now I don’t even know it’s there.

Also I have had a few headsets including the ps5 pulse and the Arctis 7P is by far the most comfortable and best sounding headset I have used.

They also have a black version if you create an account on their website and make sure to google a promo code before making a purchase with them as they always have 10-15% off codes online.

Yeah - I picked up the black version with Promo reduction - Boards member put me onto it (was it you?!) - Looks sweet - not mad about the white TBH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just a note on the Steelseries, the 7X also works on the PS5 and will also work on the Series X too, whereas the 7P will not work on the Series X.

The only thing you lose with the 7X is that the chat mix does not work, so that dial is basically useless on the PS5.

Just something to bear in mind if you plan to get both consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Benzino wrote: »
    Just a note on the Steelseries, the 7X also works on the PS5 and will also work on the Series X too, whereas the 7P will not work on the Series X.

The only thing you lose with the 7X is that the chat mix does not work, so that dial is basically useless on the PS5.

Just something to bear in mind if you plan to get both consoles.

Are they considered superior to the new pulse headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd like to see someone knowledgeable do a roundup of the best options specifically for PS5, including the 7P, Pulse, and Audeze Penrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Are they considered superior to the new pulse headset?

From the few reviews I have seen, yes the 7P and 7X are better, but they are €70 more (excluding discounts), so not that surprising. I've heard the Pulse headset is great for the price.

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    From the few reviews I have seen, yes the 7P and 7X are better, but they are €70 more (excluding discounts), so not that surprising. I've heard the Pulse headset is great for the price.

Good comparision review here - As above, sound and comfort top drawer for Steelseries. I think they're worth the extra price. They also work perfect on anything with USBC Port

PS5 Official > https://youtu.be/vQDBHZKWjfo?t=102

Steelseries 7P > https://youtu.be/vQDBHZKWjfo?t=525

Turtle Beach > https://youtu.be/vQDBHZKWjfo?t=990

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

So After having issues with Cold War crashing console on campaign and having delete game and re install it to having warzone / modern warfare not work at all and having delete and re install it a few times fix it I had two weeks of everything cod working fine . Since the Cold War updating yesterday for some reason now modern warfare wouldn’t work at all just stuck on intro screen and trying download and install add ons that were already there . Now iv had delete whole bloody game again !

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

brady12 wrote: »
    So After having issues with Cold War crashing console on campaign and having delete game and re install it to having warzone / modern warfare not work at all and having delete and re install it a few times fix it I had two weeks of everything cod working fine . Since the Cold War updating yesterday for some reason now modern warfare wouldn’t work at all just stuck on intro screen and trying download and install add ons that were already there . Now iv had delete whole bloody game again !
    That sounds like an absolute nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I seen an article pop up stating that CoD is bricking PS5s, I thought it was click bait so didn't read it, but looks like there might be something to it? CoD is well past its sell by date anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I seen an article pop up stating that CoD is bricking PS5s, I thought it was click bait so didn't read it, but looks like there might be something to it? CoD is well past its sell by date anyway.

Cold War campaign nearly did twice anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

HEres a random question , my brother in law is getting his ps5. If he buys the ps4 version of fifa 21 he can upgrade for free without the need for buying the next gen version.

I know i have done this but next gen right out of the box is 80euro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RVN10 wrote: »
    HEres a random question , my brother in law is getting his ps5. If he buys the ps4 version of fifa 21 he can upgrade for free without the need for buying the next gen version.

I know i have done this but next gen right out of the box is 80euro

Get the PS4 version, upgrade for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

F1ngers wrote: »

Legend thanks F1ngers i was thinking that too but for some reason it was like a mental block.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

F1ngers wrote: »

Are you sure?

I thought I read that you needed to have bought and activated the PS4 game before the release of the PS5 version in order to do this? Unless something has changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Are you sure?

I thought I read that you needed to have bought and activated the PS4 game before the release of the PS5 version in order to do this? Unless something has changed?

It’s a free upgrade up until as far as FIFA 22 afaik

Advertisement