Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Are you sure?

I thought I read that you needed to have bought and activated the PS4 game before the release of the PS5 version in order to do this? Unless something has changed?

ohhh , im trying to figure that out too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It’s a free upgrade up until as far as FIFA 22 afaik

That's what I read, can't remember where though.

EDIT:
    Dual entitlement:
    This Dual Entitlement offer will be available to users throughout the whole of the FIFA 21 season and up to FIFA 22, so players can upgrade their game to the new system freely within that timeframe.

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/fifa-21-how-does-the-dual-entitlement-work-between-ps4-ps5/1d4e1sq14u8px18mlvfdx49oo1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's what I read, can't remember where though.

ITs all over their next gen page but i thought i heard the same thing about activating it but i dont know lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RVN10 wrote: »
    ITs all over their next gen page but i thought i heard the same thing about activating it but i dont know lol

I edited my previous post, dual entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

brady12 wrote: »
    Cold War campaign nearly did twice anyway

I have this set for my son for Xmas - Me on PS5 and him on PS4Pro - Buying cross gen version.

You'd think they would have patched this issue at this stage...?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Looks like a new System Software patch just dropped. I wonder if it'll fix some issues people have been talking about the last couple of pages.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/latest-ps5-firmware-patch-updates-dualsense-improves-system-performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

The latest Miles Morales update added a 60fps mode with raytracing at a lower resolution, seems like a great option for people not playing on a 4k screen

I'm seriously temped to buy Miles Morales today. Any good?

It's pretty short, especially if you don't focus much on the side missions or activities, but I really enjoyed it myself.

It comes with a free copy of Spider-Man too though, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only the ultimate version does

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not the base version of the game.

I'll just get standard then. Already played Spider-Man on PS4.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'll just get standard then. Already played Spider-Man on PS4.

A few on adverts for sale if you want to save a few Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

It's grand. More of the same with a weak story and pretty terrible dialogue.
    Fun to play though!

The remaster is a pretty decent deal imo for €20 given that it has all the next gen improvements along with the DLC included. I beat Spiderman on PS4 but never touched the DLC so from that alone the remastered edition was a good deal.

A bit different maybe if you'd played all the DLC too.

Anyone know if you can transfer saves back from the PS5 version of spiderman back to the PS4 version now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

For someone who has never played Spiderman games on PS4, I guess getting the Miles Morales Ultimate edition is the one to go for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

It’s a good game, well if you can call it that. It’s basically a DLC. Very short with little amount of side missions. It’s not worth €60 at all, if it drops down to around €20-30 I’d say buy it.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    For someone who has never played Spiderman games on PS4, I guess getting the Miles Morales Ultimate edition is the one to go for ?

Yep I'd recommend playing the remaster of the original first. Just because it covers the Morales back story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It’s a good game, well if you can call it that. It’s basically a DLC. Very short with little amount of side missions. It’s not worth €60 at all, if it drops down to around €20-30 I’d say buy it.

I got a decent amount of time out of it. no issue with the price of it myself. Yes, it is shorter than the first game, but I think the first game had a lot of bloat I'm happy isn't here - such as the MJ stuff. I thought the game moved along at a nice pace and didn't drag things out, which is a plus for me.

I've not played the first since the dlc dropped for it though - I reckon if you tried playing both back to back it would grate more - as there isn't a massive difference in them at all.

for data cap reasons,i paused a PS5 download last night.Annoyingly it decided to start itself and finish off the download. I figured it would stay paused until I unpaused it.

for data cap reasons,i paused a PS5 download last night.Annoyingly it decided to start itself and finish off the download. I figured it would stay paused until I unpaused it.

The PS4 would restart downloads too in rest mode, doubt they ever though someone would want to indefinitely pause a download. Only option is to turn the console off.

Varik wrote: »
    The PS4 would restart downloads too in rest mode, doubt they ever though someone would want to indefinitely pause a download. Only option is to turn the console off.

The SeriesX keeps them paused, which is why I figuredit would be the case here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Fresh issue yet again caused by my Samsung RU7100 TV. I put a blu ray disc into the PS5 just to see what it looks like when playing. Apparently I need to enable HDCP to play it, system told me to turn it on first. I had to turn off HDCP because neither my Sky Q or PS5 like outputting to the TV with this turned on. Flickering screen or just black screen.

Plan will be so to eventually get this TV out of that room and replace it with something that is basically not Samsung.

Interesting thing as well though is that it shows you controls(like a game setting with controller on the splash screen) in how to control the player when watching a disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone using the official PS5 remote? I impulse bought it, used it once and I'm back to the Sony TV remote - Never dawned on me the TV remote would work!

Dont like the feel and narrow navigation buttons on PS5 remote - not a bit. The new Chrosecast remote is how a remote should be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Finished Demon souls remake for the first time today . Not sure for everyone else but the game crashed on me like 4 times and the game would freeze and lock multiple times. was quite frustrating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My TV had no problem doing 4k HDR on the Ps4 Pro but the ps5 will only do HDR on 1080p, weird!

Edit: had to change the 4k video transfer rate to - 2 to get it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Berty wrote: »
    Fresh issue yet again caused by my Samsung RU7100 TV. I put a blu ray disc into the PS5 just to see what it looks like when playing. Apparently I need to enable HDCP to play it, system told me to turn it on first. I had to turn off HDCP because neither my Sky Q or PS5 like outputting to the TV with this turned on. Flickering screen or just black screen.

Could it be that the HD leads aren't up to it? Or are you using the one that came with the PS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A system update and a controller software update, Sony really spoiling us today!

Advertisement