Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

As usual spot on content from Skill up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone playing Cyberpunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wing126 wrote: »

Collecting it from Smyths on me Lunch break and I'm sure ill be on it later tonight!

Heard so many mixed things about it so I am looking forward to making up my own mind on it. I've played buggy games in the past that I over looked the issues and enjoyed big time so if there are issues early days I am sure it will be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Platinumed Astros Playroom last night, great little game!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp it's class. Probably hype that it can never live up to but I've played over an hour of it and already hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Waiting on a smyths delivery for it

Very impatient, pa5 games give me too high expectations!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Yes. Deleted it already. Gonna wait for proper PS5 version. Can't play it in this state.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing Cyberpunk and impressions are middling so far. Some gorgeous graphics (allowing for last-gen murkiness) and an obviously fascinating city. But a lot of the mechanics and systems make a terrible first impression - fiddly and weightless. First 90 mins or so are very on-the-rails too, without much of interest going on.

It finally opened up a bit shortly before I went to bed, so obviously plenty to explore now. But I think after years of hype, the most startling thing about it is just how much like a bog standard video game it is... very pretty surface dressing aside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yes. Deleted it already. Gonna wait for proper PS5 version. Can't play it in this state.

Really???

:confused:

12yrs in the making and more push backs then a fight in a playground....and still a mess??

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Really???

12yrs in the making and more push backs then a fight in a playground....and still a mess??

The bugs are just appalling. I can only imagine the state it was in before the day one patch. I pity anyone who got this on disc and has no internet, as few as they may be these days.

In my first battle my companion kept walking through walls and furniture and even teleported a couple of times. The dead enemies guns were left suspended in the air after their bodies collapsed.

This is the most extreme example but bugs are persistent throughout.

The HDR looks washed for some reason. Controls are janky. After playing Tsushima the waypoint system seems teally dated now.

I could go on but already expressed my feelings today on the Cyberpunk subforum. It's not good.

• Advertisement

So in lieu of playing Cyberpunk I'm going through my PS4 save games and finishing off the last few. Have FF7, TLOU2, Sekiro, and Ghost of Tsushima to finish off.

Playing GoT right now. It's glorious with its PS5 upgrade at a solid 60FPS.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Really???

I get this 100% - listening to trusted sources its looks a total mess at current patch. I'm happy to wait a month (or more) to wait for next gen proper patch and avoid all these issues.

The fact that the UI / levelling / loot system is a total mess is more worrying.

I think a lot of us were expecting game of the year - even with the hype - and its fallen very short of this standard.

So in lieu of playing Cyberpunk I'm going through my PS4 save games and finishing off the last few. Have FF7, TLOU2, Sekiro, and Ghost of Tsushima to finish off.

Playing GoT right now. It's glorious with its PS5 upgrade at a solid 60FPS.

Right with you here - Ghost of Tsushima & TLOU2 getting preferrence for me too while CDPR try to salvage this mess with CP.

I can only imagine the absolute nigthmare going on within the studio today after so much work invested into it. I know they would know the product was sub par but tough for the grafting devs there I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'm hoping that TLOU2 gets some kind of PS5 upgrade announced at the Game Awards later, their silence about this speaks volumes IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Played a couple of hours of Cyberpunk last night. Enjoying it so far, but have yet to really get into it, only just out of the prologue. Seems to be an awful lot going on in the map so will take a while to digest.

It's running pretty smoothly for me tbh, the only bugs that have shown up are just amusing - I seen a homeless guy on the street that appeared to have a gun as an earring, and when I got back to my apartment and looked in the mirror, my V was wearing nothing more than a smile! That's about it though, I'll see if I come across any bigger issues over the weekend when I get a proper go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

6 Hours last night, and starting again now.

Enjoying it, I did the main quest up to the part it opens up before the next big part (the drone from the demo years back) and before that I've been doing side quest and stuff I've come across in the world to try and get the hang of everything. Defualt controls are a bit wonkey, but you can turn down acceleration and maybe up deadzone a tiny bit (for dualsense).

Only had 1 maybe bug but not sure it was a bug or if I just messed something up and didn't know what to do. The game is constantly saving so I reloaded a lost a minute of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Liking it so far.
    All the tiny load screens are annoying though.
    Was hoping to see them eliminated with the Day 1 patches.
    Zero bugs so far but it is rough around the edges and alot of texture pop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Anyone experienceing any problems with Spiderman Remastered. I've played it a small bit and seems to get a bit glitchy during fight scenes. Other then that it's grand. Been mostly playing Call of Duty and that seems to work perfectly ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Any other fans of Death Stranding here?

I wasn’t interested at launch because it was widely panned by reviewers, but I gave it a go now that it’s on sale for €20.

It is magnificent.

The first 10 hours or so are infuriating - far too many cut scenes, very little interactivity - but I had heard if you can make it past that, it really starts to shine, and it definitely does.

It’s basically a fetch quest game, with some grinding thrown in, but the standout feature is the social aspect of it. For example, earlier today I was stuck down the bottom of a canyon, facing a long walk to get back out, when I noticed a rope that had been dropped by another player. They’re not in your game, but you share a server, so you can help each other out by leaving equipment or donating to building projects.

It sounds boring on paper, but it actually works. Soundtrack is gorgeous too.

I’m about 25 hours into it, and loving every minute. Really hope we get a PS5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, zero hype leading up to buy took a chance on launch. Like you said, on paper, it shouldn't work but it just does... For me, not everyone. I absolutely loved it but you gotta get to chapter 3 asap as 2 can drag a bit of you let it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Absolutely loved Death Stranding. Definitely my GotY.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, zero hype leading up to buy took a chance on launch. Like you said, on paper, it shouldn't work but it just does... For me, not everyone. I absolutely loved it but you gotta get to chapter 3 asap as 2 can drag a bit of you let it.

Yep, I’m on 3 now. Road building is so satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Any other fans of Death Stranding here?

Nabbed it when it was €20. Have no prior knowledge other than the Kojima connection which was enough for me.

Plan to give it a go over Christmas.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Nabbed it when it was €20. Have no prior knowledge other than the Kojima connection which was enough for me.

Plan to give it a go over Christmas.

Just remember the 10 hour thing. It really is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The upgrade for Destiny 2 looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ShaneU wrote: »

Haven't had a chance to have a go, flat out on a single player buzz at the moment, I have it downloaded so can't wait to see it running, may at the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

ShaneU wrote: »

Tried to jump back into it a while back and was completely overwhelmed by what to do or where to go. The story just seemed all over the place to me and if you miss any content for a period you're forever playing catchup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Home after a few days away and my wife got me Xmas pressie early, I'm in shock its amazing so far, felt guilty having it with so many fanatics not.

I'm guessing I should get physical copy of cod

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Was looking forward to Death Stranding but hated it when I first played it and gave up after 5-7 hours.
    Went back this year and absolutely loved it.

1 Cyberpunk crash after 10-12 hours playing and little to no glitches.
    I'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I liked death stranding when I figured out you could turn off those cut scenes when you encounter those spirit things. Also roads, jesus they're a pain.

Advertisement