Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Any places online got the PSN Credit in stock? I tried instant gaming but there out of the 20s & 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Any places online got the PSN Credit in stock? I tried instant gaming but there out of the 20s & 50s

Smyths have them or are you purely looking for ones that are on sale?

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/gaming-membership-cards-and-top-ups/playstation-wallet-top-ups/c/SM0604400101

Berty wrote: »

Was looking for the ones that are on sale, if I can’t find them I’ll just buy from the normal places.thanks for the link though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Just a heads up for anyone that got a console in the latest batch and tried to transfer a few hundred gigs between the consoles (Thanks Call of Duty, 31 hours, my ass).

If, like me, the room with your ps4/5 is across the house from the wifi, making wired not an option, you can just connect a single cat5 cable (Normal networking cable) between the two consoles, and it will happily send the data peer to peer in about 1/10th of the time.

oeb wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone that got a console in the latest batch and tried to transfer a few hundred gigs between the consoles (Thanks Call of Duty, 31 hours, my ass).

If, like me, the room with your ps4/5 is across the house from the wifi, making wired not an option, you can just connect a single cat5 cable (Normal networking cable) between the two consoles, and it will happily send the data peer to peer in about 1/10th of the time.

What can you actually transfer over is it just game saves or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

fixXxer wrote: »
    A system update and a controller software update, Sony really spoiling us today!

Weird one but I was in a rush the other day and updated the console and it restarted and told me to connect the controller for an update but I didn't have time so clicked remind me later and switched it off. Problem is it's never come back again up today. Anyone else get this or know a way to force the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In my case a few hundred GBs, downloaded games, settings, saves, apps, the Lot.

Used a LAN cable. Do not turn off either console during it, I did and nearly bricked the PS4 console that caught itself in a loop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jones wrote: »
    Weird one but I was in a rush the other day and updated the console and it restarted and told me to connect the controller for an update but I didn't have time so clicked remind me later and switched it off. Problem is it's never come back again up today. Anyone else get this or know a way to force the update?

Press the PS button, there will be a controller icon on the bottom of the screen, check there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

F1ngers wrote: »
    Press the PS button, there will be a controller icon on the bottom of the screen, check there.

I turned on the ps5 to check for this and it had a message on it straight away to update ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Pretty much everything. I did not bother transferring any games that there is ps5 versions of (Currently playing no mans sky and cold war) because I would need to download those versions anyway, but the likes of modern warfare is massive and not fun to download on Kerry internet.

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice a noise when they shake there the DualSense it sounds like a screw loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else notice a noise when they shake there the DualSense it sounds like a screw loose?

I dropped my ds5 a few days ago and gave it a shake just to see and thankfully, it was completely silent so i definitely don't think there should be any noise unless it was given an awful wallop.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I dropped my ds5 a few days ago and gave it a shake just to see and thankfully, it was completely silent so i definitely don't think there should be any noise unless it was given an awful wallop.

The gf did drop it last night but wasn’t much of a drop maybe a foot off the floor and it was grand afterwards, just today now it was creating what sounded like a small screw loose up under the R1/R2 buttons but I gave it a good shake and it’s stopped (for) now.

The gf did drop it last night but wasn’t much of a drop maybe a foot off the floor and it was grand afterwards, just today now it was creating what sounded like a small screw loose up under the R1/R2 buttons but I gave it a good shake and it’s stopped (for) now.

A good shaking fixes everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I assume the missus said that also...

(Gets coat)

I was going to grab Cyberpunk from Argos but going to wait now with the report's of bugs for now til the proper PS5 version...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

zIRYBTj.jpg

Got this wee sticker online, actually looks pretty cool on the console!

Got it from - https://www.flamingtoast.com/ - took about two weeks to show up.

The noise is back again :pac: it also makes a weird clicking noise if I hold the controller up when pressing R2 but goes away when I point it down. This only happens when the adaptive triggers are in use, I hope this doesn’t lead to long term problems ffs be just my luck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

The noise is back again :pac: it also makes a weird clicking noise if I hold the controller up when pressing R2 but goes away when I point it down. This only happens when the adaptive triggers are in use, I hope this doesn’t lead to long term problems ffs be just my luck :pac:

Deary me. That's it - im having my own controller. Everyone else can use the 2nd controller. If they break it they can buy a new one or play the Switch.

So what started off as a what sounded like a screw loose my haptic feedback is now not working on my R2 button, I’m also getting a grinding noise some times when playing Fifa. Think I’ll have to take it back does anyone know how this works? I’ve sent HN’s a message but I don’t know do I sort it through them or Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

So what started off as a what sounded like a screw loose my haptic feedback is now not working on my R2 button, I’m also getting a grinding noise some times when playing Fifa. Think I’ll have to take it back does anyone know how this works? I’ve sent HN’s a message but I don’t know do I sort it through them or Sony.

OH Jesus.
    Something tells me these intricate (do everything) controllers are going to be the bane of our lives.

• Advertisement

So I got onto HN’s and they told me to bring the console and controller down to have a look. They tested out the controller and compared it to another one they had around and could tell mine was f*cked straight away. In the space of 10 mins I was walking out with a new PS5 console. Said they had 4 put away Incase some came back for faulty and needed replacements, fair play to them down there couldn’t of been nicer about it.
    Would of preferred if just swapped the controller out but he said they’ve to send the whole thing off to Sony.

I’ll have to download all my games again and the manager couldn’t of been more apologetic about it :pac: but happy to have it sorted. When it was in the room getting tested 4 workers even came in to have a look at, they couldn’t believe their eyes seeing a PS5, even offered to get security to walk me out :pac:

Awesome man! Not many places would keep consoles back in case of replacement, especially for a noisy controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

So I got onto HN’s and they told me to bring the console and controller down to have a look. They tested out the controller and compared it to another one they had around and could tell mine was f*cked straight away. In the space of 10 mins I was walking out with a new PS5 console. Said they had 4 put away Incase some came back for faulty and needed replacements, fair play to them down there couldn’t of been nicer about it.
    Would of preferred if just swapped the controller out but he said they’ve to send the whole thing off to Sony.

I’ll have to download all my games again and the manager couldn’t of been more apologetic about it :pac: but happy to have it sorted. When it was in the room getting tested 4 workers even came in to have a look at, they couldn’t believe their eyes seeing a PS5, even offered to get security to walk me out :pac:

I collected a digital console from HN yesterday. I had told 2 different members of staff that's what I was there for, but I was still waiting for 20 minutes. Told a 3rd staff member, he apologized and got me sorted.

They were giving the consoles out in big cardboard boxes about twice the size of the console, to hide what was inside. He said to me "Sorry for the wait, I threw in a second one there to make it up to you."

I'm embarrassed to say it took too long for me to realise he was joking.

Awesome man! Not many places would keep consoles back in case of replacement, especially for a noisy controller.

I know man, fair play to them. It was a lot more than a noisey controller :pac: I’d no haptic feedback in my R2, there was a rattle from the R2 when it vibrates and I couldn’t turn on my PS5 or connect the dualsense to it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I know man, fair play to them. It was a lot more than a noisey controller :pac: I’d no haptic feedback in my R2, there was a rattle from the R2 when it vibrates and I couldn’t turn on my PS5 or connect the dualsense to it today.

But what was the issue with the PS5 that they replaced that for you?

Thanks

madmoe wrote: »

Thanks

There was no issue with the PS5, but they had to replace the whole lot. I asked could I just get the controller changed and they said they had to send off the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I collected a digital console from HN yesterday. I had told 2 different members of staff that's what I was there for, but I was still waiting for 20 minutes. Told a 3rd staff member, he apologized and got me sorted.

They were giving the consoles out in big cardboard boxes about twice the size of the console, to hide what was inside. He said to me "Sorry for the wait, I threw in a second one there to make it up to you."

I'm embarrassed to say it took too long for me to realise he was joking.

I went in Thursday and told the women I was here to collect a PS5 she responded by saying “okay, wow a ps5” and looked genuinely shocked :pac:

Mine came wrapped in a black bag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I went in Thursday and told the women I was here to collect a PS5 she responded by saying “okay, wow a ps5” and looked genuinely shocked :pac:

Mine came wrapped in a black bag :pac:

So that was the replacement one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

madmoe wrote: »

Thanks

The whole thing gets replaced as a unit.
    What makes you think they have boxes of just consoles there and separate controllers to hand out???

Advertisement