Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

madmoe wrote: »
    So that was the replacement one?

No, the original one. The replacement was just in the normal box.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So I got onto HN’s and they told me to bring the console and controller down to have a look. They tested out the controller and compared it to another one they had around and could tell mine was f*cked straight away. In the space of 10 mins I was walking out with a new PS5 console. Said they had 4 put away Incase some came back for faulty and needed replacements, fair play to them down there couldn’t of been nicer about it.
    Would of preferred if just swapped the controller out but he said they’ve to send the whole thing off to Sony.

I’ll have to download all my games again and the manager couldn’t of been more apologetic about it :pac: but happy to have it sorted. When it was in the room getting tested 4 workers even came in to have a look at, they couldn’t believe their eyes seeing a PS5, even offered to get security to walk me out :pac:

I'm sure already done, but don't forget to deactivate the old console and all. Or did you get a chance to do everything before handing it in?
    Gumbo wrote: »
    The whole thing gets replaced as a unit.
    What makes you think they have boxes of just consoles there and separate controllers to hand out???

you can get the controllers separately which makes it seem strange to want the whole thing, but I guess the serial is matched to the console somehow or something. Otherwise would think they would just return it as a dodgy controller. Maybe the fact the receipt was for the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm sure already done, but don't forget to deactivate the old console and all. Or did you get a chance to do everything before handing it in?

you can get the controllers separately which makes it seem strange to want the whole thing, but I guess the serial is matched to the console somehow or something. Otherwise would think they would just return it as a dodgy controller. Maybe the fact the receipt was for the PS5.

I didn’t get a chance too, I was in work whe I rang in and I don’t drive so had to sort out a lift. (Little island is a fair bit away from where I live, not in walking or bus limits). So had to go straight home pack it up and leave. Tbh I didn’t expect the whole console to be replace, but i did try and wipe it before hand but the controller itself wouldn’t connect to the console. They assured me in store that it was wiped clean and I even doubled checked it was with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

xtal191 wrote: »
    I hope she knows she'll be paying import fees/taxes on top of that if you're in Ireland ordering from StockX

Is above statement incorrect and entirely unhelpful to this forum?

All fees are up front, you know what you are paying including taxes and fees on advance in a single amount.

https://stockx.com/news/stockx-launches-in-europe/

Not saying you will get a bargain on a PS5 (I'm not interested myself, trying to source a graphics card for pc) but you will know what you are paying......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Been playing Cyberpunk today. Between launch and about 5 minutes ago, the game has crashed on me at least 5 times.

So now I am not playing Cyberpunk till some patches arrive. Hype has been totally killed for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wing126 wrote: »
    Been playing Cyberpunk today. Between launch and about 5 minutes ago, the game has crashed on me at least 5 times.

So now I am not playing Cyberpunk till some patches arrive. Hype has been totally killed for me.

It's weird how different people's experiences are with crashes on the ps5. Me and a couple of lads on the CP thread haven't gotten 1 yet while other people get multiple crashes. Any chance a reinstall might make it more stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's weird how different people's experiences are with crashes on the ps5. Me and a couple of lads on the CP thread haven't gotten 1 yet while other people get multiple crashes. Any chance a reinstall might make it more stable?

Ya, I've had little issues to report with it meself thankfully. Crashed once tonight and I notice odd glitch here and there but nothing that ruins the experience.

Ya, some improvements can be made and I really hope it will all come together but im enjoying the game so far.

Can't wait to see what the Ps5 update will bring!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wing126 wrote: »
    zIRYBTj.jpg

Got this wee sticker online, actually looks pretty cool on the console!

Got it from - https://www.flamingtoast.com/ - took about two weeks to show up.

Aaaaand that's just been impulse purchased.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Some of the features I like on the PS5:

1: The chat audio coming through the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It's very strange alright, a friend of mine hasn't had a crash once, or any major bugs.

I'm still gonna wait for more patches, I'm just not bothered with the game after all those crashes!

Speak of the devil

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1338390123373801472/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I am very happy with my PS5 bar one thing....rest mode! It is the only time I have issues. From now on no rest mode at all! :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I am very happy with my PS5 bar one thing....rest mode! It is the only time I have issues. From now on no rest mode at all! :mad::mad::mad:

I have used Rest mode the last few days without issue so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I never had a problem with rest mode, aside from the first day where it wouldn't charge my controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My only remaining slight issue is that I've noticed I have to press the PS button usually twice to wake my PS5 from off or rest mode. This is after the controllers firmware update though so unsure if it could be that.

The thing was I got recently with the PS5 was access to PS4 games. I have been playing Days Gone. That is such a great game which cost €0.00 and saw it yesterday in Smyths for €59.99 which was mental. The story is so good and I'm far from finished it.

Berty wrote: »
    My only remaining slight issue is that I've noticed I have to press the PS button usually twice to wake my PS5 from off or rest mode. This is after the controllers firmware update though so unsure if it could be that.

The thing was I got recently with the PS5 was access to PS4 games. I have been playing Days Gone. That is such a great game which cost €0.00 and saw it yesterday in Smyths for €59.99 which was mental. The story is so good and I'm far from finished it.

Same for me, I have been playing The Last of Us for weeks and love it. Days Gone will be the same once I get to it. God of War too.....need more time off work!! ;-)

Each and every time I put mine into Rest Mode when I come back to it the next day or whatever the amber\orange lights are gone out!? I then get the message\warning saying it was not shut down properly the last time...WTF!? I put it in rest mode but for some reason it powers down fully!? Last time I got the error message about rebuilding or something similar, that only appeared once thankfully but other warning message appeared each time.

Thanks,
    M

Same for me, I have been playing The Last of Us for weeks and love it. Days Gone will be the same once I get to it. God of War too.....need more time off work!! ;-)

Each and every time I put mine into Rest Mode when I come back to it the next day or whatever the amber\orange lights are gone out!? I then get the message\warning saying it was not shut down properly the last time...WTF!? I put it in rest mode but for some reason it powers down fully!? Last time I got the error message about rebuilding or something similar, that only appeared once thankfully but other warning message appeared each time.

Thanks,
    M

There is an option on the rest mode options that shuts your console down after 4 hours I think it is, see if that is set to on.

Kimbot wrote: »
    There is an option on the rest mode options that shuts your console down after 4 hours I think it is, see if that is set to on.

Ahhhhhh, I will check that! But even if that is turned on then why would the PS5 say that it was not turned off properly!?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

have to say im glad i persisted to try get a ps5, i had secured a seriesx but when tesco came through on the ps5 i let the xbox go.

the new controller really gives it a next gen feel that the series x didnt have (although both are blisteringly fast and id argue that the loading times is sufficent as USP to support an upgrade)

Really enjoying astros playroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Same for me, I have been playing The Last of Us for weeks and love it. Days Gone will be the same once I get to it.

Two of my favourite games of all time, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I've a bunch of boardsies as friends from an impulse playing of MAG on the ps3. I can't remember who they are but nerdkiller316psn has spent the morning breaking my records on astro's time trials. Now I'm gonna have to go back to try and reclaim the titles :D

So whoever you are! [arnie] I'll be back[/arnie]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Two of my favourite games of all time, enjoy.

Is " Dayz gone" that good. ??
    I heard that it was only a "so so" game.

Parsnips wrote: »

It is a great story line, you could make a movie out of it, if they haven't already. Graphics are good. The weapon wheel is the only thing that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Be madness not to play it when its for free, I dont really like games that uses ammo as a difficulty modifier (very little of it around etc) but its a very good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

You may be mixing up 2 games. Dayz, is by all accounts a very poor game. Days Gone, however, is fantastic. As mentioned, great story, and some of the most adrenaline pumping action you’ll ever get, taking on hoards of hundreds of sprinting zombies.

If there was a criticism, it may be a little repetitive for some, but I really, really loved it.

You think by now you'd have found a supplier making ps5 plates. I know they stopped a proper company but what of the aliexpress sellers of this world who do their own thing. Stop one, another one appears.

Vinyls everywhere, prefer a matte black case.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Berty wrote: »
    You think by now you'd have found a supplier making ps5 plates. I know they stopped a proper company but what of the aliexpress sellers of this world who do their own thing. Stop one, another one appears.

Vinyls everywhere, prefer a matte black case.

I will be getting my son to personalise mine.
    starwars feature. I will post when I get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Hi all,

I’m long term loaning my PS4 Pro to a friend over the next few days (to get her through lockdown 2021 :) )

I’ve set up a user for her (I think she’ll have to create a PSN account for herself if she wants to watch Netflix etc) and I’ve downloaded games she’d like.

I’ve kept my own users on it so the games will be playable on her user account.

Is there anything I could be forgetting? Don’t want to traipse over with it and realise I’ve forgotten something silly...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hi all,

I’m long term loaning my PS4 Pro to a friend over the next few days (to get her through lockdown 2021 :) )

I’ve set up a user for her (I think she’ll have to create a PSN account for herself if she wants to watch Netflix etc) and I’ve downloaded games she’d like.

I’ve kept my own users on it so the games will be playable on her user account.

Is there anything I could be forgetting? Don’t want to traipse over with it and realise I’ve forgotten something silly...

You need to set it as your primary console, good to go then.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

F1ngers wrote: »
    You need to set it as your primary console, good to go then.

Thanks a million, I knew there was going to be something.

Now my stupidity is coming out - would this have any impact on my PS5?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks a million, I knew there was going to be something.

Now my stupidity is coming out - would this have any impact on my PS5?

No, PS4 needs to be primary so that your friend can use your games.
    Since you're logging into your PS5, you have access to your games too.

Advertisement