Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

F1ngers wrote: »
    No, PS4 needs to be primary so that your friend can use your games.
    Since you're logging into your PS5, you have access to your games too.

Thanks so much, really great help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Parsnips wrote: »
    Is " Dayz gone" that good. ??
    I heard that it was only a "so so" game.

It was savaged by critics on release, but by and large the the player reaction was very positive and it sold really well, its reputation has hugely increased since it released last year.

They have made massive improvements to it and the PS5 version runs at 4k/60 fps, its well worth giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone having issues with Lag Spikes? My Son is getting dropped packets and lag spikes where his ping shoots up to over 800ms periodically, games its particularly noticeable are in Fifa 21. Also we have tested with Rocket League as it is a good game for showing dropped packets and ping levels as you play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Inquitus wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with Lag Spikes? My Son is getting dropped packets and lag spikes where his ping shoots up to over 800ms periodically, games its particularly noticeable are in Fifa 21. Also we have tested with Rocket League as it is a good game for showing dropped packets and ping levels as you play.

Wired or wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saw this hdr recommended video on YouTube. Gonna try it later but getting very positive responses.

Gonna try it later.

Summary comment:
    Adjust 1/3 - adjust until sun complete disappears.
    Adjust 2/3 - adjust until sun complete disappears.
    Adjust 3/3 - set to darkest possible setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Kimbot wrote: »
    Wired or wireless?

Same on both, use LAN normally tried Wifi to see if it made any difference which it didn't! Assigned it a static IP on my network, manually port forwarded the required ports as well, no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I think my ps5 controller is about to give up,

The right trigger fells extremely lose compared to the left trigger, it fells soft and lose when you press it compared to the left trigger when the ps5 is off ?

I think 2.5 weeks of use with borderlands 3 has killed it ?

Has anyone else had issues with the triggers ?

This reminds me of my day one PS4 controller when the rubber came of the sticks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The right trigger fells extremely lose compared to the left trigger, it fells soft and lose when you press it compared to the left trigger when the ps5 is off ?

This reminds me of my day one PS4 controller when the rubber came of the sticks !!!

Someone else in here returned their console because one of the triggers broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Someone else in here returned their console because one of the triggers broke.

I think Amazon going to take a full return of a console and I won’t the console so going to have to buy another controller

Or how do we contact Sony support for Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Saw this hdr recommended video on YouTube. Gonna try it later but getting very positive responses.

Gonna try it later.

Summary comment:
    Adjust 1/3 - adjust until sun complete disappears.
    Adjust 2/3 - adjust until sun complete disappears.
    Adjust 3/3 - set to darkest possible setting.

Being using these guys for years for reviews etc he's top notch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

jones wrote: »
    Being using these guys for years for reviews etc he's top notch

Anyone tried this yet to see if there's an improvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Due to my TV developing lines across the screen on Sunday I'm being forced into upgrading the TV, I'm going to go for the LGBX model...

Bring me on the limited 120hz goodness...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone tried this yet to see if there's an improvement?

I did, not much difference, but then again, it's intended for OLEDs, and mine is a Microcell, so i'm unsurprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Fieldog wrote: »
    Due to my TV developing lines across the screen on Sunday I'm being forced into upgrading the TV, I'm going to go for the LGBX model...

Bring me on the limited 120hz goodness...

Get the CX, it has has better HDR and also 4 HDMI 2.1 rather than only the two the BX has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

dar83 wrote: »
    Get the CX, it has has better HDR and also 4 HDMI 2.1 rather than only the two the BX has.

+1 for the CX, I have one a few weeks now and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I've the C9 so last years CX they appear to be almost identical and i love it. Best TV i've ever owned

I honestly haven't the money, I know it is better but this wasn't something I had planned buying if I'm honest, I think it's about 200 quid dearer from Richer Sounds...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not sure if one of my controllers is having charging issues. I usually play one and charge one, then swap as needed. Went to swap yesterday and the one id been charging kept dying instantly.

I still had enough battery in the other one to keep playing for a while (was swapping them when turning on the PS5 as I knew it was down to the last bar) so will check this evening if its charged again. Anyone else noted any similar issues?

Penn wrote: »
    Not sure if one of my controllers is having charging issues. I usually play one and charge one, then swap as needed. Went to swap yesterday and the one id been charging kept dying instantly.

I still had enough battery in the other one to keep playing for a while (was swapping them when turning on the PS5 as I knew it was down to the last bar) so will check this evening if its charged again. Anyone else noted any similar issues?

I had an issue in the first day or two where standby wouldn't charge my controller but it hasn't happened since. Are you getting the orange charging light on the controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Markitron wrote: »
    I had an issue in the first day or two where standby wouldn't charge my controller but it hasn't happened since. Are you getting the orange charging light on the controller?

I definitely was when I plugged it back in again last night. I presumed I was before too but can't remember, will have to keep an eye on it this time to make sure. I thought the same happened me a week or two ago but I presumed I mixed the controllers up in my hand while swapping them over. Maybe it discharged while in rest mode when I was downloading a game and didn't start charging again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Matthew316

I have the very same issue. Can you hear a loose part when you shake the controller? Some searches online point to a broken spring. I am going to call to Smyths this evening to see what can be done as customer care are unreachable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Fieldog wrote: »
    I honestly haven't the money, I know it is better but this wasn't something I had planned buying if I'm honest, I think it's about 200 quid dearer from Richer Sounds...

Are you able to wait for the sales in the New Year? CX might have dropped down by then....

Matthew316 wrote: »
    I have the very same issue. Can you hear a loose part when you shake the controller? Some searches online point to a broken spring. I am going to call to Smyths this evening to see what can be done as customer care are unreachable

This might sound a bit ****ty, but maybe the fastest/easiest thing to do atm is buy a new controller and then return your broken one to whoever you bought the new one from. Amazon/Smyths probably won't check serial numbers etc
    madmoe wrote: »
    Are you able to wait for the sales in the New Year? CX might have dropped down by then....

I can't speak for LG TVs, but with the Sony TVs they usually drop to their lowest price when they are about to be replaced, which should be in 4 or 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

This might sound a bit ****ty, but maybe the fastest/easiest thing to do atm is buy a new controller and then return your broken one to whoever you bought the new one from. Amazon/Smyths probably won't check serial numbers etc

That is really shítty behaviour. Why would you encourage people to do that?

madmoe wrote: »

I was onto Richer Sounds and he says if I buy now and it drops in price say on the 26th they will refund the difference, which I think is fair enough...

Honestly, going from my basic enough 4K Sammy to this will be night and day... :)

I've only a PS5 and PC that's not HDMI 2.1, the only other 2.1 thing going on the port will be an Xbox next year at some stage when Halo comes out...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's not on in fairness. If you get onto Sony they should replace it as it's part of the bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have one myself great tv very happy with it! .

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I’ve just set up my PS5 and done the data transfer. It’s showing FIFA 21 as the PS4 version. Can it be updated to the PS5 version or is there such a thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

GavK wrote: »
    I’ve just set up my PS5 and done the data transfer. It’s showing FIFA 21 as the PS4 version. Can it be updated to the PS5 version or is there such a thing ?

Ya there was an update there few weeks ago for the PS5.

• Advertisement

That is really shítty behaviour. Why would you encourage people to do that?
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's not on in fairness. If you get onto Sony they should replace it as it's part of the bundle.

I'm not encouraging it tbf, just pointing out its an option if you are desperate. Getting a busted controller with a console that will be impossible to obtain is also a really ****ty place to be in.

Advertisement