Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Markitron wrote: »
    I'm not encouraging it tbf, just pointing out its an option if you are desperate. Getting a busted controller with a console that will be impossible to obtain is also a really ****ty place to be in.

It is and Sony are going to be the most likely ones to be in a position to replace it as there's so little stock in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

More DF tech analysis goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Was there any enhancements made to The Last of Us Part II? Might give it a go on PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

mutley18 wrote: »
    Was there any enhancements made to The Last of Us Part II? Might give it a go on PS5

Nope, not yet anyway, it honestly doesn't need it, it looks phenomenal, obviously 60fps be nice but it's a lovely looking game....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Will be setting up a PS5 tomorrow, have a PS4 also, are there any do’s/don’ts from those that have done the transfer? Should I just start fresh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Will be setting up a PS5 tomorrow, have a PS4 also, are there any do’s/don’ts from those that have done the transfer? Should I just start fresh?

Copy your ps4 games to an external hard drive that you'll be using with your ps5, this will save you having to download them again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

duploelabs wrote: »
    Copy your ps4 games to an external hard drive that you'll be using with your ps5, this will save you having to download them again

Were there not issues with people saying playing from external drives was causing the console to unexpectedly turn off?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Copy your saved data if not already online with PS+.

Were there not issues with people saying playing from external drives was causing the console to unexpectedly turn off?

Haven't had any issue with it at all, anecdotal evidence I know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I transferred data via LAN and constantly use rest mode, no issues. In saying that LAN transfer seemed to get stuck so I just copied saves to a USB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

mutley18 wrote: »

They didn't update it and have kept suspiciously quiet about it, IMO there is a proper PS5 version coming sooner rather than later.

Bizarrely enough they actually did add dualsense support to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fieldog wrote: »
    I was onto Richer Sounds and he says if I buy now and it drops in price say on the 26th they will refund the difference, which I think is fair enough...

Honestly, going from my basic enough 4K Sammy to this will be night and day... :)

I've only a PS5 and PC that's not HDMI 2.1, the only other 2.1 thing going on the port will be an Xbox next year at some stage when Halo comes out...

Might just go for the BX model myself. It's really just for the PS5. Have a €300 all4one so looking at places that I can use that plus cash/debit card.

Nearly fed up of looking at TV's at this stage :pac:

They didn't update it and have kept suspiciously quiet about it, IMO there is a proper PS5 version coming sooner rather than later.

Are they still working on the multiplayer aspect? Might have an update to coincide with that if they are.

I think only the 60fps would be beneficial, game looks great as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Just run an ethernet cable directly between them, peer to peer, it will copy everything across using that. No need to connect them both to a router (Unless you play wired anyway)

oeb wrote: »
    Just run an ethernet cable directly between them, peer to peer, it will copy everything across using that. No need to connect them both to a router (Unless you play wired anyway)

Doesn't it need to be a crossover cable, rather than a normal cat 5, for this to work?

petes wrote: »
    Are they still working on the multiplayer aspect? Might have an update to coincide with that if they are.

Yea the multiplayer section is still coming, this will probably coincide with the PS5 release.
    I think only the 60fps would be beneficial, game looks great as it is.

Have to disagree there, whilst it was a very good looking game it ran at 1440p so there's plenty of room to improve there. Also Seattle is covered in puddles and smashed/broken glass, ray tracing would be incredible in this game.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Doesn't it need to be a crossover cable, rather than a normal cat 5, for this to work?

Just checked the cable I used, it's wired as a straight through. Must use Auto MDI-X or some equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I did notice my GTAV feels different on the PS5 when it comes to dualsense. It seems to vibrate more when driving.

I did manage to use haptic feedback once in Legion, will need to get used to it when shooting. If the likes of COD forced this on users it might help bringing better realism to the games rather than the usual spray and pray going on. Now I now a fully automatic weapon wouldn't be affected by it but semi auto and pistols where somebody can just click and fire off 16 rounds might be removed. If you make it optional then most won't use it.

Berty wrote: »
    I did notice my GTAV feels different on the PS5 when it comes to dualsense. It seems to vibrate more when driving.

I did manage to use haptic feedback once in Legion, will need to get used to it when shooting. If the likes of COD forced this on users it might help bringing better realism to the games rather than the usual spray and pray going on. Now I now a fully automatic weapon wouldn't be affected by it but semi auto and pistols where somebody can just click and fire off 16 rounds might be removed. If you make it optional then most won't use it.

It's in cold war, I have switched it off though (But that's standard for most competitive online shooters. Switch off everything (Controller vibration, motion blur, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Matthew316

This might sound a bit ****ty, but maybe the fastest/easiest thing to do atm is buy a new controller and then return your broken one to whoever you bought the new one from. Amazon/Smyths probably won't check serial numbers etc

I Brought the controller to Smyths and after quick inspection they replaced my controller with a new in box. No issues, didn't even ask did I drop it or anything. Gave me a new receipt and everything incase this one has a similar issue. Happy that I Preordered with Smyths as I would imagine the Amazon replacement would have been much more painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Might just go for the BX model myself. It's really just for the PS5. Have a €300 all4one so looking at places that I can use that plus cash/debit card.

Nearly fed up of looking at TV's at this stage :pac:

You can use the card in Harvey's but no 6 year guarantee obviously...

I have 200 quids worth of vouchers myself to use up...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

They didn't add Dualsense support, that was one incorrect news website that stated that prior to launch but isn't true.

It isn't possible to add Dualsense support without making a native PS5 version of a game either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

First proper issue with my console there can't seem to install my ps4 disc copy of ff7 remake. Just keeps bombing out about 10% of the way in with Ce-100005-6 error which has no official documentation.

Gonna do some more experiments today to see if I can find some way to fix it. Because the only thing I've seen suggested online is a factory reset

rm212 wrote: »
    They didn't add Dualsense support, that was one incorrect news website that stated that prior to launch but isn't true.

It isn't possible to add Dualsense support without making a native PS5 version of a game either.

Ah, that makes sense. Wonder how that story gained any traction.
    RedXIV wrote: »
    First proper issue with my console there can't seem to install my ps4 disc copy of ff7 remake. Just keeps bombing out about 10% of the way in with Ce-100005-6 error which has no official documentation.

Gonna do some more experiments today to see if I can find some way to fix it. Because the only thing I've seen suggested online is a factory reset

I had a bit of drama installing games from disc on day 1, have you tried a complete restart? It worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I had a bit of drama installing games from disc on day 1, have you tried a complete restart? It worked for me.

When you say a complete restart are you talking about just turning it off and on again or a factory reset?

Fieldog wrote: »
    You can use the card in Harvey's but no 6 year guarantee obviously...

I have 200 quids worth of vouchers myself to use up...

Must have a look on HN!

RedXIV wrote: »
    When you say a complete restart are you talking about just turning it off and on again or a factory reset?

No not a factory reset, just a standard one not using rest mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Installing a ps4 disc (Ghost of Tsushima) here now and the f'n noise from the disc drive is brutal. I can hear it all over the house

https://imgur.com/a/be9Alte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Installing a ps4 disc (Ghost of Tsushima) here now and the f'n noise from the disc drive is brutal. I can hear it all over the house

https://imgur.com/a/be9Alte

I've Miles Moralas on disk and it is loud when spinning up so much so that i dont think i'll be buying disks going foward unless there's a massive price difference. My machine is very quiet normally but the minute a disk is spinning WOW and it ranodmly spins up when the disk is in the drive even if not playing the game in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Not so much a random shutdown or noise issue, but I was wondering if any of you lads have had any trouble with your internet connections? I'm using a wifi connection (soon to be hardwired to try and solve it) but it keeps randomly dropping my internet connection making downloading any games or playing online impossible. I've to keep either restarting/shutting down the PS5. Driving me bananas.

Advertisement