Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Have to admit have the ps5 and xbox series x and in regards the noise issue there Is a bit from the ps5 nothing mental but there is a noise from it. Xbox only noise come on when turn on the computer so say for 1st few seconds then whisper quiet like nothing. Seems to be quicker going on as well. But love the ps5 as well and the controller is class but hoping no probs down the line with right trigger. Love both consoles but xbox is definitely quieter and faster system to log on etc. Have played ps5 more tho as bit addicted to fortnite on it, have only played wolfenstein 2 on xbox on disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Glico Man wrote: »
    Not so much a random shutdown or noise issue, but I was wondering if any of you lads have had any trouble with your internet connections? I'm using a wifi connection (soon to be hardwired to try and solve it) but it keeps randomly dropping my internet connection making downloading any games or playing online impossible. I've to keep either restarting/shutting down the PS5. Driving me bananas.

Havent seen anything like that do other devices also disconnect or just the PS5? Try full reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Installing a ps4 disc (Ghost of Tsushima) here now and the f'n noise from the disc drive is brutal. I can hear it all over the house

https://imgur.com/a/be9Alte

Jasus thats bad

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jones wrote: »
    I've Miles Moralas on disk and it is loud when spinning up so much so that i dont think i'll be buying disks going foward unless there's a massive price difference. My machine is very quiet normally but the minute a disk is spinning WOW and it ranodmly spins up when the disk is in the drive even if not playing the game in question.

same as that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

My disc drive is loud but its only for about 20s or so when I turn on the system or change discs so it really doesn't bother me.

It's still not as loud as the pro when just playing GoW or TLOU2 normally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Markitron wrote: »
    My disc drive is loud but its only for about 20s or so when I turn on the system or change discs so it really doesn't bother me.

It's still not as loud as the pro when just playing GoW or TLOU2 normally.

i dont get it though, fair enough when installing a game but after that its just there as a licence check right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Cyrus wrote: »
    i dont get it though, fair enough when installing a game but after that its just there as a licence check right?

Yea that's probably it. This could be a system bug though, maybe it will be patched to run less frequently or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Now the game is installed, its quiet enough, but I can still hear the noise. That's the worst i've experienced now, and the first time i've tried installing a PS4 disc.

Miles Morales does have a bit of noise when i play it, but nothing on the level of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I’ve had issues with WiFi alright on my first PS5, kept having downloads failing for no reason. the one I have no I’m having no problems with downloading, I am having problems with rest mode though so I’ll be staying away from that for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Markitron wrote: »
    No not a factory reset, just a standard one not using rest mode.

Tried a few methods of this, including booting into safe mode and rebuilding the database. Cleaned the disk to a polished finish and nothing. Then my eldest asked if I could copy it from the PS4 on a usb and realised I have both consoles on the network so finally tried the data transfer option. Have to say, pleasantly surprised with the ease of use.

Now it wasn't fast but it did the job! Back to Midgar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Matthew316 wrote: »
    I Brought the controller to Smyths and after quick inspection they replaced my controller with a new in box. No issues, didn't even ask did I drop it or anything. Gave me a new receipt and everything incase this one has a similar issue. Happy that I Preordered with Smyths as I would imagine the Amazon replacement would have been much more painful

I gto both mine in Smyths.
    I think they deserve a lot of credit fr te way they have handles the PS5 launch including the issues spoke about above.
    I really wouldnt consider anywhere else for hardware or Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

jones wrote: »
    Havent seen anything like that do other devices also disconnect or just the PS5? Try full reset?

Just the PS5. Phone, PS4 and laptop have a consistent connection throughout. Disconnected all and tried just the PS5 and it still booted me offline and gave me download errors. Switching it off and back on lets me reconnect for 15/20 minutes before the trouble starts again :/

The missus is picking up a LAN cable for me today so I'll see if a hard-wired connection works better than WIFI, but can't for the life of me understand the issue :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Just the PS5. Phone, PS4 and laptop have a consistent connection throughout. Disconnected all and tried just the PS5 and it still booted me offline and gave me download errors. Switching it off and back on lets me reconnect for 15/20 minutes before the trouble starts again :/

The missus is picking up a LAN cable for me today so I'll see if a hard-wired connection works better than WIFI, but can't for the life of me understand the issue :confused::confused:

I had that issue with the Pro. The bog standard PS4 worked on the wifi network as did every single other device but the Pro. Rang Vodafone and tried to get sorted on their end but they were useless. Ended getting homeplugs in the end and that solved the problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What router are you using?

Kimbot wrote: »
    What router are you using?

I'm using the one I got from Sky. Just had one of the longest uninterrupted sessions there, a whole 45 minutes. Incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Try manually assigning a high IP address to your PS5 E.g. 192.168.1.99

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm using the one I got from Sky. Just had one of the longest uninterrupted sessions there, a whole 45 minutes. Incredibly frustrating.

I had an issue similar, eir router only a few days old and it was the WiFi chip was failing in it so if wired works then get on to sky to replace.

jj880 wrote: »
    Try manually assigning a high IP address to your PS5 E.g. 192.168.1.99
    Kimbot wrote: »
    I had an issue similar, eir router only a few days old and it was the WiFi chip was failing in it so if wired works then get on to sky to replace.

Cheers lads. I'll see if the LAN connection makes any difference, then I'll give your suggestions a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cheers lads. I'll see if the LAN connection makes any difference, then I'll give your suggestions a try.

A LAN connection will more than likely solve your problem. If you ever need to use the WiFi again you could try opening ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Installing a ps4 disc (Ghost of Tsushima) here now and the f'n noise from the disc drive is brutal. I can hear it all over the house

Mine is the same. Was fine for the first week or so then started making that noise. Pressing on the console seems to quieten it a bit, while laying horizontal. Seems to only effect the installation portion. The disc randomly spins up every hour and doesn't have the same whine, just regular disc noise.

I wonder is mine not sitting on the stand properly or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Bought Cold War on disc, chose multiplayer to install now I cant even play zombies or single player and there's an 80GB update cant even seem to install the single player

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

I had this issue quite badly. Lay the console horizontal and it goes away completely. Not ideal but should calm the nerves a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Bought Cold War on disc, chose multiplayer to install now I cant even play zombies or single player and there's an 80GB update cant even seem to install the single player

Every time there’s an update Iv delete modern warfare and re install whole thing . Happened again today . Seems he caused by both games sharing warzone

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Does anyone think the new controller is a disadvantage in FPS games?

I remove adaptive triggers but the movement just doesn't seem right.

Overall, also, I see little difference in ps5 to ps4 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

More of a general PS issue but I transferred across Ghost of Tsushima from the PS4 to the PS5 this evening and I noticed it’s coming up in the PS Store as available for purchase even though I’ve already bought it? Anyone had this issue before or know if I were to delete the digital copy I have if I’d be able to download again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    More of a general PS issue but I transferred across Ghost of Tsushima from the PS4 to the PS5 this evening and I noticed it’s coming up in the PS Store as available for purchase even though I’ve already bought it? Anyone had this issue before or know if I were to delete the digital copy I have if I’d be able to download again?

Are you looking at the right edition of the game?
    Had a look on my PS5 store and one version is unavailable whereas the other has a price on it.

It is also in my library, check and download from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Does anyone think the new controller is a disadvantage in FPS games?

I remove adaptive triggers but the movement just doesn't seem right.

Overall, also, I see little difference in ps5 to ps4 Pro.

Biggest disadvantage to console FPS is crossplay. Impossible to compete with pc players, adaptive triggers or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Spooch wrote: »
    Biggest disadvantage to console FPS is crossplay. Impossible to compete with pc players, adaptive triggers or not.

I think matchmaking in cold war is a bit of a mess. I play PC and I'm constantly getting in lobbies with 80% xbox and playstation (PC players can see the system each player is on). My K/D floats around 1.5.

y9BHP8y.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

F1ngers wrote: »
    Are you looking at the right edition of the game?
    Had a look on my PS5 store and one version is unavailable whereas the other has a price on it.

It is also in my library, check and download from there.

I didn’t buy the deluxe edition though and it’s showing as unavailable for me also, the base game which I bought is showing as available for purchase though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I didn’t buy the deluxe edition though and it’s showing as unavailable for me also, the base game which I bought is showing as available for purchase though

Actually, now that you mention it, same here.

Advertisement