Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Glico Man wrote: »
    Not so much a random shutdown or noise issue, but I was wondering if any of you lads have had any trouble with your internet connections? I'm using a wifi connection (soon to be hardwired to try and solve it) but it keeps randomly dropping my internet connection making downloading any games or playing online impossible. I've to keep either restarting/shutting down the PS5. Driving me bananas.

Mine did that at first but after the first firmware update it sorted it and not had any issue since.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Wow. Sony pulls Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation store https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55359568

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wow. Sony pulls Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation store https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55359568

So they pulled the game but wouldn't refund people earlier this week.

At least they finally going to issue refunds!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This is absolutely huge and does not bode well for CDPR going forward. They've completely banjaxed this whole thing. This game should have been delayed at least another few months. Yeah, people would've been absolutely raging at another delay, but what game company, post-game release, has ever had consumers boycott them because "they delayed that game I now absolutely love"?

I never looked at footage of CP throughout its development cycle, despite the odd trailer that I could barely avoid during watching press events/conventions, etc., and I avoided the hype because too much hype for a game is never good, no matter how good a game is at the end of it. Too much hype for a game puts me off.

The hype surrounding CP2077 was really starting to creep me out with how much coverage it was getting, so I said I'd wait. I wasn't expecting it to live up to said hype but I wasn't expecting a car-crash this insurmountable. I feel sorry for those who bought the game for their base systems, but at the same time, we've all been here before. This should be a lesson to never pre-order a game before release, because there's always something there that'll potentially make you regret your purchase. Buyer-beware and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CDPR screwed themselves over by releasing a statement saying "Refunds for all", when they obviously hadn't run it by Sony. It is notoriously difficult to get a refund out of Sony at all, if you've downloaded a game, fair enough, but if you've played it, well, Sony's attitude is "No refund for you".

People who had contacted Sony for refunds after the statement were told to either wait for a patch or go back to CDPR for more info.

So this feels a bit like a retaliation. Their hand has been forced somewhat, and they've set up an email line specifically for refunds for this game.

What an absolute sh1tshow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Can you get refunds on the Disc Version of Cyberpunk 2077 I bought it in argos but really can't play due to all the crashes...

Playing on PS5 also...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

If any good can come from this is that less and less people will preorder games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Exactly this. I've never pre ordered a game. I've never had to. Sure, there are often "pre order bonuses" but I can't count the amount of times i've walked into a shop after a game launch (well after it!) and still received the pre order bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can you get refunds on the Disc Version of Cyberpunk 2077 I bought it in argos but really can't play due to all the crashes...

Playing on PS5 also...

Doubt it, be grand in February with the PS5 upgrade... ;)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Doubt it, be grand in February with the PS5 upgrade... ;)

February 2022 is right around the corner I suppose :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Sounds like Cyberpunk is more than just bugs. Meaningless class system, limited dialog options, poor AI etc. Doesn't sound like they delivered what was promised. I have no interest in the game so it makes no difference to me but it's funny seeing the lengths people are going to defend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm hoping the good that will come from it is that games will release when finished.

Bought Spiderman Ultimate Edition from amazon for about 67euro did not think the Download code for Remastered Spiderman would work on irish account but it did

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bought Spiderman Ultimate Edition from amazon for about 67euro did not think the Download code for Remastered Spiderman would work on irish account but it did

How big is spidey remastered, as in GB size?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How big is spidey remastered, as in GB size?

Spidey Remastered was a 70GB download i didnt start the download as I have no room :p

Spidey Remastered was a 70GB download i didnt start the download as I have no room :p

Thanks, thinking of getting MM Ultimate and wondering if this will even fit. Spoilers, it won't fit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Had to safe mode USB update 2 PS5s tonight, only intended to stick Warzone on both but that update issue is gonna a lot a of pain on xmas day.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/support/hardware/ps5/system-software/

It has its own page in the PS5 support website.

If you got one in a box update, the tell tale sign is the update stops at some % and no amount of reboots fix it only the USB update.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

One of my initial woes of the PS5 has come to fruition. The white controller. I work/live nights, so I'm usually playing in dark conditions. Today as I was cleaning, I had a good look at the DualSense, and the back of it was fairly dirty. And because of the icons giving the grip, even a wet wipe couldn't clean it, had to use boiling water and a cloth to wet it to clean it.

Bring on the black controllers already!! /smallinsignificantrant

Cyberpunk summed up

ySfXlKH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,690 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thanks, thinking of getting MM Ultimate and wondering if this will even fit. Spoilers, it won't fit :)

You can get Ultimate and just not download SM Remastered until you want to play it or have deleted something else. They show up as two separate games. Can have one or the other or both.

I downloaded Remastered, played a bit to see what it was like on PS5 (and pop the platinum trophy), then ended up deleting as I wanted to leave space for other games. Will redownload hopefully for a future playthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

Any one have any success using a one4all card to buy psn credit on gamestop. Gets rejected at checkout yet theres plenty on the card.

Just saw Miles Morales is on sale in smyths, 70 for ultimate, Standard for 55.

Interestingly, CEX will give 27 cash for ps5 version and 46 cash for PS4 version. Tempted to get the PS4 version for 60, buy the MM upgrade for 20, clear MM and sell for 46 cash.

Can anyone tell me if you can access the dlc of SM without clearing the game or even straight away? Is it progress or level locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just saw Miles Morales is on sale in smyths, 70 for ultimate, Standard for 55.

Interestingly, CEX will give 27 cash for ps5 version and 46 cash for PS4 version. Tempted to get the PS4 version for 60, buy the MM upgrade for 20, clear MM and sell for 46 cash.

Can anyone tell me if you can access the dlc of SM without clearing the game or even straight away? Is it progress or level locked?

Yeah you can play the DLC straight away. I could anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Downloaded well over 100gb of Cold War earlier this evening. Logged on tonight and it was gone, had to download again. Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

25e off on Immortals and Watch Dogs PS5 on Smyths.
    10e off on Demons Souls,AC and Spiderman MM UE.
    Just for anyone interested.
    Good seeing these reductions this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    25e off on Immortals and Watch Dogs PS5 on Smyths.
    10e off on Demons Souls,AC and Spiderman MM UE.
    Just for anyone interested.
    Good seeing these reductions this early.

Got demons souls on Friday with this deal cracking game and looks the business. I just need to get better at it ha

Last copy of MM ultimate for 70 and ghost of Tsushima for 40 from smyths this morning. Happy Christmas to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

Dualsense stopped working in game today. Home button worked and controller worked fine in the ps5 menus, but absolutely nothing in any games even after a restart. Had to use the pinhole reset on the back of the controller. Eventually got going again. Have I a goosed controller?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spooch wrote: »
    Dualsense stopped working in game today. Home button worked and controller worked fine in the ps5 menus, but absolutely nothing in any games even after a restart. Had to use the pinhole reset on the back of the controller. Eventually got going again. Have I a goosed controller?

Not if this is the only incident.
    If it repeats, possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Picked up Days Gone for €18 in Smyths, I really don't notice it being 60fps though.

Advertisement