Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Picked up Days Gone for €18 in Smyths, I really don't notice it being 60fps though.

It's free on PS Plus Collection.
    Why did you spend €18 on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    25e off on Immortals and Watch Dogs PS5 on Smyths.
    10e off on Demons Souls,AC and Spiderman MM UE.
    Just for anyone interested.
    Good seeing these reductions this early.

Thanks for this, just bought Watchdogs legion. Great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

F1ngers wrote: »

I have no interest in PS Plus nor do I have time for games as a service. I have limited time to play games due to working 12 hour shifts, I don't want to pay for multiple months of PS Plus to have access to a digital game I won't own. I'm a collector so buy physical copies where possible and my sister paid half for the game as she wants to play it after me so I actually only paid €9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Understand where you're coming from, but for the sake of €60 a year, it's definitely worth it imo, even if you only play 1 or 2 games from it over the year, it pays for itself really. I do understand the physical collection though, would love to be able to do that but I'm one of those who more or less has to play a game on launch if I'm interested, and personally I can't afford to keep every €80 game I purchase, trade in value is just too good (remembering back to the PS1 days where trading in wasn't a thing yet iirc, think I had 200+ games to trade in against the PS2).

Thinking of freeing up some space on PS5. Spiderman Remastered is the one I may get rid of. My question is, if I want to play it again down the line, how will I get it back. It was a digital copy I got when I bought the MM Disc. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Thinking of freeing up some space on PS5. Spiderman Remastered is the one I may get rid of. My question is, if I want to play it again down the line, how will I get it back. It was a digital copy I got when I bought the MM Disc. Thanks in advance

Pretty sure you still need the disc to play the remastered version, as the licence is tied to that, unless Spiderman did something different, but that's usually the case. You can delete it and download it again at any stage, but it will need the disc to verify the licence, otherwise you would have to buy the digital copy separately and then you can delete/download as often as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Saz2020 wrote: »

Once you've added it to your library, which you've already done, you can download it again whenever you want.

Once you've added it to your library, which you've already done, you can download it again whenever you want.

Oh brilliant. Thank you.

Is that not only if it's digitally purchased, rather than a download code from the disc version of MM, so it would still require the disc to verify the licence to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,690 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is that not only if it's digitally purchased, rather than a download code from the disc version of MM, so it would still require the disc to verify the licence to play?

I think it might only be MM that's licence is tied to the disk in this instance, as I think you get the digital version of SM Remastered, and therefore it should always act as a digital game and not need to check the disk for the licence. But easiest thing to do would be try launch SM Remastered without the disk in the PS5 and see if it plays.

• Advertisement

I've never needed the MM Disc in to play the remastered. I just had a digital code that was in the case. And then the disc for MM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

F1ngers wrote: »

When was Days Gone free on Plus??

Edit: Googled it, obviously need a PS5 for it. My bad.

That splains that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone know how long the 29% sale on PS5 cross gen COD is going to last? I want to nab it for my son for Xmas morning but cant get it now or he'll see it in library!

Any way to buy and hide it?!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,690 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sticker wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the 29% sale on PS5 cross gen COD is going to last? I want to nab it for my son for Xmas morning but cant get it now or he'll see it in library!

Any way to buy and hide it?!

Thanks!

Says the offer ends 5th January.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/concept/233407

No way to buy and hide it as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Penn wrote: »
    Says the offer ends 5th January.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/concept/233407

No way to buy and hide it as far as I know.

Excellent! Grab it Xmas Eve! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Having a weird issue with the Ps5.

Sometimes, not always, but if I put it in rest mode, it will sometimes shut down, and the only way to wake the console is to eject a disc. Power button or the controller don't generate a response.

I get the message then, once it is powered on, that console didn't shut down correctly etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Sometimes, not always, but if I put it in rest mode, it will sometimes shut down, and the only way to wake the console is to eject a disc. Power button or the controller don't generate a response.

I get the message then, once it is powered on, that console didn't shut down correctly etc.

Plenty of people have had weird bugs like this, I'm sure they will patch them out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Same things happens to me as well, I avoid rest mode now until it’s been sorted, hopefully in the next update or two. I was watching Netflix the other day and fell asleep, woke about an hour later to my PS5 completely shut off and a message saying it wasn’t shut down properly. I’ve switched off the options for the console to shut down after a certain amount of time so idk why that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cyberpunk currently installing. I'm looking forward to finding out just how "broke" this game is. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I put mine into rest mode on Saturday morning, resumeed no issues at all last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mine goes into rest mode all the time. Never power it off fully. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Same things happens to me as well, I avoid rest mode now until it’s been sorted, hopefully in the next update or two. I was watching Netflix the other day and fell asleep, woke about an hour later to my PS5 completely shut off and a message saying it wasn’t shut down properly. I’ve switched off the options for the console to shut down after a certain amount of time so idk why that happened.

It's happened to me two or three times as well. Always in rest mode, sometimes when I try to wake it with the controller, the controller just flashes and I need to hit the power button and go through the repair process.

Berty wrote: »
    Cyberpunk currently installing. I'm looking forward to finding out just how "broke" this game is. :D

It's broke on ps5, but not as bad as the last gen consoles. It crashes out every couple of hours for me, and then there is the weird stuff that happens in game like the t-posing or guns refusing to work, or people clipping through the floor that seem to be happening on all versions. It is playable, and quite good, even if it's obviously fairly far from 'finished'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Stupid Question: How do I know if I’m playing the PS5 upgrade of a PS4 title?

I copied Ghost of Tsushima to the PS5 HD from my PS4 but is there a way to check that im actually playing the upgraded version?

Adamcp898 wrote: »

I copied Ghost of Tsushima to the PS5 HD from my PS4 but is there a way to check that im actually playing the upgraded version?

There is no PS5 version of GoT, they just patched it to unlock the framerate on PS5. Just make sure you are playing with the latest patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Say with No Man's Sky. If you click on the info option when you hover over the game tile, it will give you the option of launching the PS4 or PS5 version. I'd imagine it's the same with other games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Say with No Man's Sky. If you click on the info option when you hover over the game tile, it will give you the option of launching the PS4 or PS5 version. I'd imagine it's the same with other games

If there’s a full blown PS5 version which the developer must release. Otherwise the game makes use of the bump in specs and plays as backwards compatible

PS4 backwards compatible games FYI, can’t utilise the haptic feedback of the dualsense

This is a pretty good list
    https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades

Witcher 3 is confirmed but I’d imagine that due to the mess of cyberpunk it’ll be inevitably delayed :)

If there’s a full blown PS5 version which the developer must release. Otherwise the game makes use of the bump in specs and plays as backwards compatible

PS4 backwards compatible games FYI, can’t utilise the haptic feedback of the dualsense

This is a pretty good list
    https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades

Witcher 3 is confirmed but I’d imagine that due to the mess of cyberpunk it’ll be inevitably delayed :)

I think they just gave it a vague 2021 date so they will probably hit that

• Registered Users Posts: 31 NickB1337

Hi All,

My little cousin is getting the PS5 from Santy on Christmas day. Should he expect there to be any big software updates taking it out of the box?

I was wondering if it makes sense to plug it in and set it up ahead of time in order for him to enjoy on the day?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

NickB1337 wrote: »
    Hi All,

My little cousin is getting the PS5 from Santy on Christmas day. Should he expect there to be any big software updates taking it out of the box?

I was wondering if it makes sense to plug it in and set it up ahead of time in order for him to enjoy on the day?

Thanks
    Depends on how fast their internet is. There'll be a software update for the machine itself and most likely updates for whatever games they have for it.
    Firmware update shouldn't take too long to download, took me around 15 mins when I got mine, but speeds may vary, especially on Christmas day

Advertisement