Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,001 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

NickB1337 wrote: »
    Hi All,

My little cousin is getting the PS5 from Santy on Christmas day. Should he expect there to be any big software updates taking it out of the box?

I was wondering if it makes sense to plug it in and set it up ahead of time in order for him to enjoy on the day?

Thanks

There's a pretty cool intro process when you turn it off for the first time but there are indeed updates not only for the system but the dualsense and some games.

If I had to choose, I'd bite the bullet and get it on and updated as the servers could be slammed on Christmas Day and the intro isn't important nor is it a glaring item that would be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Hi All,

My little cousin is getting the PS5 from Santy on Christmas day. Should he expect there to be any big software updates taking it out of the box?

I was wondering if it makes sense to plug it in and set it up ahead of time in order for him to enjoy on the day?

Thanks
    There's a pretty cool intro process when you turn it off for the first time but there are indeed updates not only for the system but the dualsense and some games.

If I had to choose, I'd bite the bullet and get it on and updated as the servers could be slammed on Christmas Day and the intro isn't important nor is it a glaring item that would be missed.

Or if you're ok with updating the Firmware manually, it would allow you to have the update downloaded and put on USB stick. So your cousin can enjoy the first time boot-up himself.
    You'll find the FW and simple instructions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Hi All,

Thanks

If he’s getting it from Santy, then he might wonder why it was opened unless you’re able to put it back and he won’t notice

I’d say it’ll be grand, it’ll take time to set up but it’s not too bad, personally I’d say stick it in rest mode (so updates etc are downloaded) and head for dinner, off to grannies etc and when you come back to it, downloads will be done. Some people have issues with rest mode but I haven’t had one and I use rest mode regularly.

By mid afternoon all the downloading and faffing around with it will long be forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

If he’s getting it from Santy, then he might wonder why it was opened unless you’re able to put it back and he won’t notice

I’d say it’ll be grand, it’ll take time to set up but it’s not too bad, personally I’d say stick it in rest mode (so updates etc are downloaded) and head for dinner, off to grannies etc and when you come back to it, downloads will be done. Some people have issues with rest mode but I haven’t had one and I use rest mode regularly.

By mid afternoon all the downloading and faffing around with it will long be forgotten

The problem with opening it early is the outer boxes rip easily. My PS4, PS VR and PS4 Pro boxes all ripped a bit while trying to get the box out of the outer sleeve/box, even when being careful. It helps to open it up upside down though so it slides out. Just an FYI to anyone considering. Maybe I've just been impatient :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Hi all, at the moment my PS4 account is set up on my name as it was originally my ps4(not anymore :-) ).

I got PS5 for Christmas so looking to create 2 accounts(one for me and second for my son) and transfer over games and saves separately. Would it possible to transfer data from single PS4 account to 2 different accounts on PS5? So for example minecraft game and save goes to his account and fifa to my? Hope that makes sense. Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

kave2 wrote: »
    Hi all, at the moment my PS4 account is set up on my name as it was originally my ps4(not anymore :-) ).

I got PS5 for Christmas so looking to create 2 accounts(one for me and second for my son) and transfer over games and saves separately. Would it possible to transfer data from single PS4 account to 2 different accounts on PS5? So for example minecraft game and save goes to his account and fifa to my? Hope that makes sense. Thanks a lot.

Your PS4 account should be your PS5 account.
    The saves on your PS4 account are locked to that account.
    You can't split saves.

If you create 2 new accounts on your PS5, you lose access to your games on your PS4 account.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

F1ngers wrote: »
    Your PS4 account should be your PS5 account.
    The saves on your PS4 account are locked to that account.
    You can't split saves.

If you create 2 new accounts on your PS5, you lose access to your games on your PS4 account.

I plan on transferring my account from ps4 to ps5, but if I create another one for my son on ps5 will he be able to play games purchased with my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

kave2 wrote: »
    I plan on transferring my account from ps4 to ps5, but if I create another one for my son on ps5 will he be able to play games purchased with my account?

Yeah, there'll be no hassle on that end. He just won't be able to transfer saves he has on your account to his.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Hi All,

Thanks

I done this only yesterday 2 updates one for the console and controller only took about 15mins to set up I was expecting a lot longer.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Hi All,

Thanks

Im in the same boat as you but I went ahead and updated the PS5 so my daughter doesnt have to worry about it on Christmas morning.
    It also let me check to see if it was working or not.
    I also turned off her standby mode until I know its updated and fault free.

It fits perfectly back in the box as new PS5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    A LAN connection will more than likely solve your problem. If you ever need to use the WiFi again you could try opening ports.

Just to follow up on my WIFI issues, they were indeed solved by a LAN cable. What took me almost 9 hours to download GTA5's 80GB, I managed to download Spider-Man:MM, NMS, AC: Odyssey, TLOU, FF7 and FF9 in the same amount of time with the cable in.

Must be something wrong with the WIFI in my PS5 in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Glico Man wrote: »
    Just to follow up on my WIFI issues, they were indeed solved by a LAN cable. What took me almost 9 hours to download GTA5's 80GB, I managed to download Spider-Man:MM, NMS, AC: Odyssey, TLOU, FF7 and FF9 in the same amount of time with the cable in.

Yeh it seems like it. I am in the attic and am using the 5GHz SSID which shouldnt travel that well, but downloaded Uncharted in approx 40 minutes last night, 58GB in total. Not blazingly fast, but fast enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would be more of the opinion of the router at fault. Try get someone else's WiFi to use and test to see if you can replicate the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Could be a channel conflict on your router, how many WiFi devices have you connected to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Kimbot wrote: »
    I would be more of the opinion of the router at fault. Try get someone else's WiFi to use and test to see if you can replicate the issue.

You may well be right. It'll be something for me to look at in the new year for sure.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Could be a channel conflict on your router, how many WiFi devices have you connected to it?

I've my laptop and phone and thats it. Never had any issues with the PS3 or 4 when in use recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

You may well be right. It'll be something for me to look at in the new year for sure.

I've my laptop and phone and thats it. Never had any issues with the PS3 or 4 when in use recently.

They’re could be neighbours whose using the same WiFi channel as you as well which could cause problems. Happened to me before, it’s fairly easy to change your WiFi channel as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Has the method for buying direct on the indonesia store been blocked, can't add a virtual disposable card from revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

.G. wrote: »
    Has the method for buying direct on the indonesia store been blocked, can't add a virtual disposable card from revolut.

Looks that way. You have to use a disposable virtual visa card, MasterCard won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah seems to be a revolut issue rather than the method itself because of the change to Mastercard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have great Christmas lads and for everyone getting a PS5 on the day enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Hi all.
    PS newbie here.
    Santa has delivered the PS5 (digital) here and I've been trying to set it up in advance of tomorrow on the qt.

(btw all updates were complete in about 45 minutes, have downloaded one game only (uncharted 4) which took 15 minutes or so. Virgin broadband.)

My daughter likes to play Minecraft online with her cousins on a smartphone.
    Will she be able to do this on the ps5?

I had a quick look for it but couldn't figure out which download I should be looking for exactly. Lot of Minecraft stuff there but couldn't for the life of me see the original game itself?

Any help/tips greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Ignore all the story ones and just select the full game or the starter pack.
    I think... Easy to see using the app on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm curious, one of the example that kept being shown for fast loading times was Miles slinging himself out of a building into the city in Miles Morales. How did this work on the PS4 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm curious, one of the example that kept being shown for fast loading times was Miles slinging himself out of a building into the city in Miles Morales. How did this work on the PS4 version?

He goes out the apartment door, takes the lift, goes out the main door, into a phone box, gets changed, and away he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Completely off topic, but I feel like I should message. A lot of people on this thread have some how, someway helped me to get a PS5 this year, and have given me advise on its hicup, and crash updates, and to them,and the rest of ye, I wish ye a Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CastorTroy wrote: »

Tbh there’s fairly no loading screens on PS4 besides the initial ones, if what I can remember. I think if I’m not wrong the scene you’re on about is when leaving a base through a pipe in the wall and tbh i didn’t find no difference between the PS4 version and the one I seen shown off in the trailer.

Obviously the game loads faster when booting from the main menu and it’s fairly impressive, it’s the same on the remaster, think it only take 3-4 seconds for me to get into the game from selecting my save.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Seems I'm just buying games lol

Looking at Miles Morales and Fenyx Rising so will probably get them digitally today. Bought Turismo Sport yesterday for some reason! Don't have proper broadband yet so I download using a mobile hotspot which is a pain, still get 30-40mb speed most times even in the sticks. Have 1gb ordered for the apartment but don't spend too much time there at the minute but that will be some difference :)

What I'm really after is an RPG that has decent rpg elements like upgrades etc but not overly complicated. See Outer Worlds is on sale so might have a go at that.

Oh and Happy Christmas :)

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Completely off topic, but I feel like I should message. A lot of people on this thread have some how, someway helped me to get a PS5 this year, and have given me advise on its hicup, and crash updates, and to them,and the rest of ye, I wish ye a Happy Christmas.

Happy Christmas! Enjoy

Anyone who had the utmost willpower to keep their PS5 boxed until this morning, I salute you. Hope you enjoy your new console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Finally , after getting the thing in November it's open and set up. Ah lads the controller is just class and the way you can really use it in Astro is amazing. Lockdown 3 sorted!

Advertisement