Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Being playing dmc 5 while the turkey is cooking amazing game on the PS5 looks amazing and plays amazing

Also the girlfriend got me sackboy I dropped about 20 hints that I wonted it haha and she got it

Hope everyone enjoys there ps5 today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

petes wrote: »
    Seems I'm just buying games lol

Looking at Miles Morales and Fenyx Rising so will probably get them digitally today. Bought Turismo Sport yesterday for some reason! Don't have proper broadband yet so I download using a mobile hotspot which is a pain, still get 30-40mb speed most times even in the sticks. Have 1gb ordered for the apartment but don't spend too much time there at the minute but that will be some difference :)

What I'm really after is an RPG that has decent rpg elements like upgrades etc but not overly complicated. See Outer Worlds is on sale so might have a go at that.

Oh and Happy Christmas :)

Took the plunge on fenix the other day as it was reduced, really enjoying the humour so far, good game

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Happy Christmas! Enjoy

Anyone who had the utmost willpower to keep their PS5 boxed until this morning, I salute you. Hope you enjoy your new console

No choice but to have the willpower and now I can’t get near it anyway as my 11 year old is playing Miles Morales!

Anyone got any recommendations on some 2 player games, the other half is showing an interest so could do with some cooo/party game types

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations on some 2 player games, the other half is showing an interest so could do with some cooo/party game types

Overcooked and Overcooked 2 are fun local two player games that couples can play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Lads I booted it up for the first time today and it froze when I was adding the ps plus collection games to library. Anyone else have this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lads I booted it up for the first time today and it froze when I was adding the ps plus collection games to library. Anyone else have this happen?

There's probably a million and six people trying to access the store today, I'd imagine it's related to just being overloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭micks_address

Set up digital edition around 12. Very easy process. Son used PlayStation app on his iPhone. Transferred everything from PS4 over WiFi in about 15 minutes. They delighted with it. Bought miles morale and they playing it now after giving Astro a go.

Set up digital edition around 12. Very easy process. Son used PlayStation app on his iPhone. Transferred everything from PS4 over WiFi in about 15 minutes. They delighted with it. Bought miles morale and they playing it now after giving Astro a go.

In saying that he couldn’t get miles morales to launch.. he’s removed and downloading again

Overcooked and Overcooked 2 are fun local two player games that couples can play.

Haha we have that on the switch and kill each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

In CEX in Cork one went for a grand. One of the staff bought it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

In saying that he couldn’t get miles morales to launch.. he’s removed and downloading again

There are a few bugs still out there with the PS5
    Some tips that helped me

1. Never put in Rest Mode
    2. When I finish a game before starting another from the main menu use the menu key and Close Game on the one you’ve just finished
    3. Downloads - wait for them to finish
    4. Secret Downloads - even when they tell you it’s available to play use the PS key on the joypad and goto downloads to ensure its really finished...
    5. Downloads - sometimes you just gotta try again

Saying that - its a great machine, having a blast and am sure your crew are too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

In CEX in Cork one went for a grand. One of the staff bought it!
    they're selling them for €950, terrible company

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Played a few hours of Valhalla, it's decent but doesn't seem to be drawing me in. Played about an hour of Miles Morales and it's great, can see me finishing it tomorrow!

No issues with rest mode or really anything, did have Resi 3 go awol after it was downloaded but that was a few weeks ago and nothing since.

Anyone know if you can arrange what games are displayed on the home screen? Some are downloaded but since you can only have 9 icons you have to go in to the library for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

ShaneU wrote: »
    they're selling them for €950, terrible company

Looked at their website after reading that, unbelievable. What a bunch of horrible swines.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What should CEX be doing then, refusing to take PS5s or paying out 400 and then selling it on for retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yes, exact same thing happened me, but hasn't happened since.
    Varik wrote: »
    What should CEX be doing then, refusing to take PS5s or paying out 400 and then selling it on for retail.

You wouldn't mind if they were buying for 550 and selling for 650 or thereabouts, but buying for 800 and selling for 950 makes them just as bad as scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭jj880

About 30% through miles morales and 50% through astro. Haven't noticed the fan once. Disk drive spins every now and again but its not a problem - quiet enough for me. Looks like I got one with no noise issues (hopefully).

Other than that well impressed. A great console. The controller is outstanding. Both my son and myself woke up this morning singing "SSD". Ive made a deal with him. When he finishes Miles Morales and Astro we will get PS Plus. He wants COD and Bloodborne. I have my eye on God Of War - finished them all up to GOW 3.

Can’t get miles morales to work. Game starts as far as cut scene on subway train and freezes. On restart of ps reports error encountered with game. Anyone get the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can’t get miles morales to work. Game starts as far as cut scene on subway train and freezes. On restart of ps reports error encountered with game. Anyone get the same?

Got my copy yesterday, no issues. Do you have digital or physical? I'd say delete the game and install again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

When you highlight the game and press options, are you using the PS5 version or PS4 version?

I would say reinstall also, could be a corrupted download possibly?

Fieldog wrote: »
    When you highlight the game and press options, are you using the PS5 version or PS4 version?

I would say reinstall also, could be a corrupted download possibly?

Yeah it’s ps5 version. I think son had Spider-Man game on PS4 maybe transferring caused issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Varik wrote: »

Typical Irish Contrary-ism.

No matter how amoral something is, someone in this country will say "fair play to them" for doing it.

Glazers Out!

That happened to me once or twice at the start iirc and I changed from fidelity mode to performance mode and as soon as I got past the cut scene, I either switched it back or left it in performance and was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah it’s ps5 version. I think son had Spider-Man game on PS4 maybe transferring caused issue?

There is some kind of save transfer on it, I haven't got MM yet to check, initially the save didn't transfer but this was updated with a fix I think...

Found it :

Here’s what you need to do:

On the PS4 version of Miles Morales, start the game and go to the load game screen
    Highlight the save you wish to move over to PS5 and hit R1 for Upload Save

Confirm the process
    On the PS5 version of Miles Morales, select New Game and head into available save slots
    Hit R1 for Download Save and the save from the second step, above, should become available to your game.

Fieldog wrote: »
    There is some kind of save transfer on it, I haven't got MM yet to check, initially the save didn't transfer but this was updated with a fix I think...

Found it :

Here’s what you need to do:

On the PS4 version of Miles Morales, start the game and go to the load game screen
    Highlight the save you wish to move over to PS5 and hit R1 for Upload Save

Confirm the process
    On the PS5 version of Miles Morales, select New Game and head into available save slots
    Hit R1 for Download Save and the save from the second step, above, should become available to your game.
    Currently resetting console and not doing data xfer. Will see how get on

Currently resetting console and not doing data xfer. Will see how get on

No joy after resetting and redownloading. PS4 version of the game is also downloading. Will try that on the ps5 when it finishes. Astro etc all working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I have the PS5 disc for FIFA 21 when it installs the disc it’s says Beckham edition and not the next LVL edition am I doing something wrong ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

No joy after resetting and redownloading. PS4 version of the game is also downloading. Will try that on the ps5 when it finishes. Astro etc all working fine

Did you try changing from fidelity to performance mode?

• Advertisement

Did you try changing from fidelity to performance mode?

Where do you change modes?

Advertisement