Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭micks_address

Fieldog wrote: »
    There is some kind of save transfer on it, I haven't got MM yet to check, initially the save didn't transfer but this was updated with a fix I think...

Found it :

Here’s what you need to do:

On the PS4 version of Miles Morales, start the game and go to the load game screen
    Highlight the save you wish to move over to PS5 and hit R1 for Upload Save

Confirm the process
    On the PS5 version of Miles Morales, select New Game and head into available save slots
    Hit R1 for Download Save and the save from the second step, above, should become available to your game.
    Ok so tried the above instructions. Started the PS4 version on the ps5 and it loads fine and did a manual save and uploaded save. Closed game and started ps5 edition of the game and it freezes on train screen still. The PS4 edition works fine? Is there actually much difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My PS5 keeps turning my TV onto standby when it's connected to HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 which are the ports that have 4K 60hz.

Works away fine if plugged into HDMI 3 or connected to my monitor. Not sure what's going on but something isn't playing nice.

My fans are fairly loud as well. Only playing Astro and you can definitely here them from 5-6 feet away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ok so tried the above instructions. Started the PS4 version on the ps5 and it loads fine and did a manual save and uploaded save. Closed game and started ps5 edition of the game and it freezes on train screen still. The PS4 edition works fine? Is there actually much difference?

There would be a fair bit of difference in graphic settings as the PS5 version has ray tracing etc

I wonder has it created a new save specifically for PS5 and now the PS4 one can't write over it?

Maybe go into data in system settings (and PS+ cloud) and see is there PS5 data there as you may need to delete it so the PS4 can take precedence over the PS5 save?

I was going to pick it up myself but don't have a PS4 anymore to make sure the data transfer over okay so I'll probably have to start it all again...

Fieldog wrote: »
    There would be a fair bit of difference in graphic settings as the PS5 version has ray tracing etc

I wonder has it created a new save specifically for PS5 and now the PS4 one can't write over it?

Maybe go into data in system settings (and PS+ cloud) and see is there PS5 data there as you may need to delete it so the PS4 can take precedence over the PS5 save?

I was going to pick it up myself but don't have a PS4 anymore to make sure the data transfer over okay so I'll probably have to start it all again...

We downloading it to PS4. Will try playing it there and transferring save to ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You wouldn't mind if they were buying for 550 and selling for 650 or thereabouts, but buying for 800 and selling for 950 makes them just as bad as scalpers.

May as well not bother then, next to no one would bother trading it in when they could get more without barley trying.

CEX paid a good price for it and then actual stand behind it (second had so to a lesser extent) when sold on, not too mention as CEX offer the higher rates for trade in there's a lot of people who'd have an amount built up.

Scalpers do nothing they may as well just be standing at the checkout taking someone's €500, buying the console, and then turning around and asking for another €500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Where do you change modes?

It's in the games display settings which you can bring up during cut scenes as well as gameplay. I was able to bring it up during the subway cutscene and change it and it stopped crashing.

It's in the games display settings which you can bring up during cut scenes as well as gameplay. I was able to bring it up during the subway cutscene and change it and it stopped crashing.

Won’t let us into setting on cut screen. Game just freezes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭jj880

Won’t let us into setting on cut screen. Game just freezes

Is there a save game preset setting for it in the settings section of the ps5 OS? Im reading you can set it to performance there before booting the game. I'd check myself but junior is on fortnite - no chance im gettin a look.

jj880 wrote: »
    Is there a save game preset setting for it in the settings section of the ps5 OS? Im reading you can set it to performance there before booting the game. I'd check myself but junior is on fortnite - no chance im gettin a look.

Finally got it working. Under system settings there’s an option to override game settings for performance mode. Set this on and it loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I have the PS5 disc for FIFA 21 when it installs the disc it’s says Beckham edition and not the next LVL edition am I doing something wrong ?

The most recent update is the ‘beckham edition’
    It’s nothing to do with the game you’ve installed or bought

• Advertisement

Finally got it working. Under system settings there’s an option to override game settings for performance mode. Set this on and it loaded

Hmmm... So maybe an issue with ray tracing. Good to know in case it gives you bother in other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Playing Assassins Creed Valhalla using the Ps4 disc, I have the ps5 version downloaded. Now every time I turn the console on with the disc in it tries to download the Ps4 version :rolleyes:

First issue. Updated Astro. After update the "play" button for it disappeared. Looked in notifications. "Unrecognised Update" notification not long after update started. Looks like the Astro update didnt work and it disabled the previous version. Had to delete Astro and redownload. Working again now with updated version. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Similar happened to me on Black Ops, there was a heavy ray tracing section which consistently crashed. Dropped it back to performance and back again after the section with no issues then.

Glad it worked micks_address!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lads, if I add the free Plus games to my library on PS5, should I be able to download them to my PS4?
    Can’t see them showing on my library. Both consoles are on the same gamer tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lemlin wrote: »
    Lads, if I add the free Plus games to my library on PS5, should I be able to download them to my PS4?
    Can’t see them showing on my library. Both consoles are on the same gamer tag.

Yeah, it worked for me. Try searching for the games

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, it worked for me. Try searching for the games

Do I need to link the two consoles though? I haven’t done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lemlin wrote: »
    Do I need to link the two consoles though? I haven’t done that.

What you mean link? I got my brother to add them to his library on his PS5 and I logged into his account on my PS4 and downloaded there then. We do the game sharing thing, so we share downloads across consoles. In case you’re wondering why I got him to add them.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

ShaneU wrote: »
    Playing Assassins Creed Valhalla using the Ps4 disc, I have the ps5 version downloaded. Now every time I turn the console on with the disc in it tries to download the Ps4 version :rolleyes:

This has been going on since launch. Luckily now I don’t even have the space for the PS4 version to download, so it can do nada!

Still haven’t got into Valhalla, not feeling the flow of it compared to Origins or Odyssey, does it change much from the opening couple of hours?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Guys can a game I downloaded from the PS store on the PS5 be moved to an external HDD the game is a PS4 game. Thanks.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Guys can a game I downloaded from the PS store on the PS5 be moved to an external HDD the game is a PS4 game. Thanks.

Should be able to via storage management

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Got DMC5 for Xmas off herself and finally got to sit down with it today. That feels much more next gen than Valhalla that I bought with it.

Have to say I've been impressed so far (considering I've only played 1 & 2 back on the PS2 :) ) and it actually makes use of the adaptive triggers too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Isn't it weird there's no updates on the SSD storage yet. I assumed they'd have confirmed drives which would work just after launch. I'm going through space very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jones wrote: »
    Isn't it weird there's no updates on the SSD storage yet. I assumed they'd have confirmed drives which would work just after launch. I'm going through space very fast

Not really, frequency of software updates around the world have taken drastic hit from c19 not to mention when trying to launch a console, also the fact that there’s really only 2-3 games at launch to play that fit comfortably (for the majority of the player base) on the ssd it’s quite understandable.

I’d be surprised if the update comes before the summer/autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Some of my games are quite small but even with the likes of RDR2, Modern Warfare Remastered, Mafia II, Days Gone or TLoU Remastered I still have around 100GB left from what I remember.

That giant CoD game aside, if you're just installing 4-5 games you're currently paying you shouldn't have an issue. I was always running out of space on my PS4 Pro except I wasn't really. I just didn't want to delete some games because they were digital and would take forever to download or I knew they had huge updates that by the time they downloaded I wouldn't want to play it. But I didn't play them anyway, so it's not an issue and now the PS5 downloads at full speed I can download games and updates quickly as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

Hi Guys,

Would it be worth waiting for playstation to release a ps5 with updated hardware revisions like they did with the ps4? What kind of time frame are we looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Hi Guys,

Would it be worth waiting for playstation to release a ps5 with updated hardware revisions like they did with the ps4? What kind of time frame are we looking at?

As in a PS5 Pro? Doubt we'll see that at all but you'd never know. PS4 Pro came out circa 3 years after the ps4 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Hi Guys,

How could anyone here answer that? Jesus christ, the mental masturbation that goes on here is astounding sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Hi Guys,

Yes it's worth waiting for

Advertisement