Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

petes wrote: »
    As in a PS5 Pro? Doubt we'll see that at all but you'd never know. PS4 Pro came out circa 3 years after the ps4 I think.

There was an update to the OG PS4 - the 1TB ultimate player edition - that made since refinements to make it run smoother. That came out about 2 years after launch. The Pro and the Slim came out the year after.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SymbolicActs

The upgrade to the PS4's hard drive was cheap as it was an old mechanical HDD, don't expect the same thing to happen with the PS5 (because of both the cost and the configuration - it's not even a drive in the traditional sense, it's multiple memory modules connected directly to the motherboard.

I wouldn't expect a Pro version either. Sony are already losing money on the thing and it's already reasonably powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I wouldn't expect a Pro version either. Sony are already losing money on the thing and it's already reasonably powerful.

Apparently Sony have a patent for the PS5 Pro.

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2020/0242723.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Of course they do. Its a bit silly to assume they're not going to make a more powerful console in a few years time to make more money. Just because its reasonably powerful now doesn't mean anything. In a few years time it won't be.

And don't all consoles lose money at the beginning except for Nintendo?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Also patent applications cost feck all. The existence of a patent is about as much evidence as Sony thought about a PS5 Pro whilst having a shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭micks_address

Also patent applications cost feck all. The existence of a patent is about as much evidence as Sony thought about a PS5 Pro whilst having a shower.

Do people think the ps5 is lacking power? The PS4 pro made sense to cover those looking for 4K but the ps5 should have the bases covered for a few years. I can definitely see revisions to the console to bring down manufacturing costs so a ps5 slim etc.. who knows a pro might come but I would say it’s 3 years away at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Id take a new PS5 that did not crash nearly every game I have played in some shape or form. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Do people think the ps5 is lacking power? The PS4 pro made sense to cover those looking for 4K but the ps5 should have the bases covered for a few years. I can definitely see revisions to the console to bring down manufacturing costs so a ps5 slim etc.. who knows a pro might come but I would say it’s 3 years away at least.

I'm extremely happy with the PS5 as is, but I'd like a pro if even to get ray tracing at 60FPS and better visuals at 4K. No interest in 8K.

I enjoy having the latest gadgets, so getting a new console after 3 years (which is when I upgrade my phone as well) sounds fairly reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Id take a new PS5 that did not crash nearly every game I have played in some shape or form. :rolleyes:

only had 1 crash so far that was while playing fifa 21, mind you I have mainly been playing my series x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Aside from Cyberpunk I don't think I've had a crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 SymbolicActs

I'm extremely happy with the PS5 as is, but I'd like a pro if even to get ray tracing at 60FPS and better visuals at 4K. No interest in 8K.

I enjoy having the latest gadgets, so getting a new console after 3 years (which is when I upgrade my phone as well) sounds fairly reasonable to me.

Just as well you have no interest in 8K, because that isn't happening for a very, very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Just as well you have no interest in 8K, because that isn't happening for a very, very long time.

Wouldn’t shock me if they started attempting it with checkerboarding though!

weemcd wrote: »
    Aside from Cyberpunk I don't think I've had a crash.

TBH, I really think it depends on the game. Rainbow 6 would crash every 5 or 6 games last week, none this week. Dirt 5 was returned it is worse then Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 utter tripe...Ghost of Tsushima had the odd crash.

Only game that is anyway stable at the minute is Destiny 2 for me. No doubt it will get better but not the launch I was hoping for sadly disappointed with the whole thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TBH, I really think it depends on the game. Rainbow 6 would crash every 5 or 6 games last week, none this week. Dirt 5 was returned it is worse then Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 utter tripe...Ghost of Tsushima had the odd crash.

Only game that is anyway stable at the minute is Destiny 2 for me. No doubt it will get better but not the launch I was hoping for sadly disappointed with the whole thing.

I have to say I'm surprised with so many having crashes, I have tried destiny 2, gta 5, gran tourism sport for the past few weeks and not one single crash with the ps5 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Had my first kinda crash yesterday. Playing DMC 5 and it popped up about a system failure and did i want to send sony the report. I clicked send and it brought me to the home screen, when I clicked on the game I was straight back to where I left off :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Kimbot wrote: »
    I have to say I'm surprised with so many having crashes, I have tried destiny 2, gta 5, gran tourism sport for the past few weeks and not one single crash with the ps5 so far.
    I think pretty much every game i've played on the PS5 has crashed at some stage (with the exception of sackboy actually!).

It's slightly annoying but the console boots into the games so quick that there's not really enough time to get into a rage :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I had one or two hard crashes in the first week or two, but has stabilised a lot since then. Haven’t been playing many dedicated PS5 games since finishing Demon’s Souls, mind.

Cyberpunk is a disgrace though. Crashes to dashboard at least two or three times in most ~2 hour play sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Cyberpunk is a disgrace though. Crashes to dashboard at least two or three times in most ~2 hour play sessions.
    Same here. It's annoying playing a game constantly wondering if it's about to crash. It reminded me of the first month of No Man's Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Think I had one crash while playing Demon's Souls and one instance of a game gone missing after downloading it. Other than that no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just started TLOU remastered yesterday, had to turn it off last night....them bleedin clickers had me rattled :pac:

Jokes aside, really enjoying it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Just started TLOU remastered yesterday, had to turn it off last night....them bleedin clickers had me rattled :pac:

Then I definitely wouldn't recommend, no matter how excellent it is, Alien Isolation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭jj880

Got the minecraft trial yesterday. There were 2 options when downloading. The trial or the full game for 19 euro. Now it seems that I have the trial version I cant get the full version on its own. As its already showing as "purchased" as the trial version without any way of changing to the full version. Very annoying.

Now the only way to get the full game is to buy it separately with an addon pack for 29 euro. I dont mind the extra 10 euro but it seems it will now be a separate entry in my game library too as theres no way to remove the trial version from the library. Why would they set it up like this!!?

Is there any way to undo the "purchase" of the trial version and get the full game on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Dave0301

petes wrote: »
    Think I had one crash while playing Demon's Souls and one instance of a game gone missing after downloading it. Other than that no issues.

I had one crash playing Demon's Souls and one playing Ghost of Tsushima but it loaded straight back to the game afterwards with no loss of data.

Also have had no issue with using rest mode or games going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dave0301 wrote: »
    I had one crash playing Demon's Souls and one playing Ghost of Tsushima but it loaded straight back to the game afterwards with no loss of data.

Yeah, have had no other issues. Resi Evil 3 was the culprit, downloaded, played a bit and when I went back it was gone, very odd.

But no other issues including rest mode etc.

Dave0301 wrote: »

Two of my friends both lost the saved data in Demon Souls in the 1st 2 weeks or so, really frustrating as its not the type of game to start all over again. Seems to have been patched now. And alot of it was to do with uploading to the cloud....

I still have my cloud turned off as I am not taking the chance.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'm obviously one of the lucky ones had the console since launch and have finished miles Morales, astrobots and bugsnax and am currently playing demons souls and not a single crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where do you disable and delete the game clips for when an achievement pops again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Where do you disable and delete the game clips for when an achievement pops again?

Settings > Captures and broadcasts > Trophies

Settings > Storage > Console storage > Media gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭jj880

jones wrote: »
    I'm obviously one of the lucky ones had the console since launch and have finished miles Morales, astrobots and bugsnax and am currently playing demons souls and not a single crash.

Same as that. Some minor gripes with downloads and the OS but no crashes or noise problems. I see a company im america is releasing ps2 themed black ps5s in January. Id go for that if they sold the black casings here. They look good.

672bf5d75feee5ec9419a3c614b63a00.png

697f46175feede20017f68959dc1699f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

LOVED every minute of it....even the clickers :D:D:D

Finished it just there at Xmas and very tempted to jump straight into part II but will stick with Miles Morales now that I have started it!

Advertisement