Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Because they are lying to consumers in order to shirk their legal responsibility as a retailer. And I'm not "giving them a hard time", they're well aware what they are doing and any potential repercussions for them are deserved.

They're getting away with it because no one is pulling them up on it. At the very least the CCPC should be notified.

Happy New Year, Karen!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SymbolicActs

Congrats on not actually understanding the term 'Karen' and being happy with getting dicked over, that saw you and your complete ignorance of your consumer rights coming a mile away! What a thing to be proud of...

Reporting them to the CCPC isn't attacking the poor kid manning the counter (which I deliberately didn't do when I was being sold the console as they're not paid enough to care and are only following orders), it's taking the people that run the show, the people that are laughing at the fact that most folks in Ireland are oblivious to their consumer rights and have found away to exploit that ignorance to task.

I'm sure if yours bricked and the retailer shrugged their shoulders you'd do that oh-so-Irish thing of having a piss and moan to everyone bar the people that you should actually piss and moan to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

duploelabs wrote: »
    Then I definitely wouldn't recommend, no matter how excellent it is, Alien Isolation

It was the only game I had to stop playing, I traded it in, it aged me with hiding from the alien, the nerves. In my sitting room everyone can hear me scream

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭jj880

Congrats on not actually understanding the term 'Karen' and being happy with getting dicked over, that saw you and your complete ignorance of your consumer rights coming a mile away! What a thing to be proud of...

Reporting them to the CCPC isn't attacking the poor kid manning the counter (which I deliberately didn't do when I was being sold the console as they're not paid enough to care and are only following orders), it's taking the people that run the show, the people that are laughing at the fact that most folks in Ireland are oblivious to their consumer rights and have found away to exploit that ignorance to task.

I'm sure if yours bricked and the retailer shrugged their shoulders you'd do that oh-so-Irish thing of having a piss and moan to everyone bar the people that you should actually piss and moan to.

Not sure about this. Handing out a piece of paper to encourage people to go direct to Sony might sound bad but in reality has anyone on here tried to return a PS5 to Smyths? Then you will find out the real story with them.

Lad on here had one of his dualsense triggers stop working - walked into Harvey Norman and they replaced his console and controller on the spot no problem. Why would Harvey Norman do that if they could just tell you to hit the road and contact Sony?

That's absolutely junk logic. Harvey Norman and Smyth's are completely different businesses. Is everything and everyone in your world exactly the same, behave the same, look the same, sound the same? No?

Handing out a piece of paper while saying "you have a 30 day warranty with us, after that it's a year with Sony and we advise you to set it up now if it's a Christmas present because it'll be outside of our 30 day warranty if you try it out at Christmas and there's a fault" seems pretty clear cut to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That's absolutely junk logic. Harvey Norman and Smyth's are completely different businesses. Is everything and everyone in your world exactly the same, behave the same, look the same, sound the same? No?

Handing out a piece of paper while saying "you have a 30 day warranty with us, after that it's a year with Sony and we advise you to set it up now if it's a Christmas present because it'll be outside of our 30 day warranty if you try it out at Christmas and there's a fault" seems pretty clear cut to me.

Well I bought my ps5 in smyths and got no piece of paper or told to go to Sony if there was an issue. You asked days ago on threads did others get the same as you and not many said they did. It could just be a case of untrained staff in certain stores.

And like I said in my initial post, I find it hard to believe that management (because a manager had to authorise the console pick up) don't understand their own return policies (apprently across multiple stores) and that a headed piece of paper obfuscating the return process just dropped from the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Soooo..

Started game sharing with the brother, looking forward to getting stuck into Assassin's Creed later on, another actual PS5 game.

Also really looking forward to Hitman on the 20th of this month.

Go to the shop and try to return your PS5. Dont just go in and gurn about the piece of paper you got for the sake of it. Get someone to record it. If you are so sure Smyths wont replace it then you wont be found out to be a whinger by the staff (or anyone on here). Lets see who has junk logic then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Cut out the aggression please and keep the discussion civil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anybody know where I can pick up the Arctis 7P?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Wing126 wrote: »

I think they are only available direct from steelseries at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Wing126 wrote: »

I got my black pair before Christmas and after a shed load of use they are the business. Highly recommended. Well worth the buy.

Out of stock atm though

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Aye, I believe I asked yourself @sticker about them before. Took too long to pull the trigger!

Thanks lads, I'll keep an eye out on steel series website.
    I was hoping somewhere in the country would have them, that being said the black one on the site looks pretty sweet, so I think I'll go with that. Hopefully not too long before it's back in stock!

As an aside, I've been absolutely bet into No Man's Sky. I bought it after Cyberpunk crashed on me like 5 times in a day and haven't gone back to Cyberpunk since. It has completely sucked me in and I highly recommend it if it's on sale and you need a game that you can just play to chill out with

I should make a caveat that the latest updates for NMS has brought in some crashes here and there too, although they're very infrequent for me, certainty less than Cyberpunk (Although I haven't played it in a month so that might be better by now). I've put 45 odd hours in since I got it and I can count the crashes on one hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Couple of controller questions:

On fifa for example, when I score a goal and the haptics come into effect, there's a weird rumbling noise from the controller that doesn't sound particularly healthy - anyone else getting that?

I'm also getting aim drift on the analogs, which whilst not a big deal is a bit ridiculous considering how new the controller is. Anyone else getting that too or have I got a bit of a dud controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Matthew316

jj880 wrote: »
    Not sure about this. Handing out a piece of paper to encourage people to go direct to Sony might sound bad but in reality has anyone on here tried to return a PS5 to Smyths? Then you will find out the real story with them.

Lad on here had one of his dualsense triggers stop working - walked into Harvey Norman and they replaced his console and controller on the spot no problem. Why would Harvey Norman do that if they could just tell you to hit the road and contact Sony?

Possible you are referring to me in regards to returning a controller to Smyths, I had an issue with Trigger, walked into customer service, quick inspection and they handed me a new in box controller with receipt.

I agree piece of paper sounds like bull, could you imagine if your fridge stopped working and Harvey Norman told you to contact the Manufacturer. Retailers act as agents between OEM and Customer and with that comes responsibility to provide redress in the case of faulty goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Matthew316 wrote: »
    Possible you are referring to me in regards to returning a controller to Smyths, I had an issue with Trigger, walked into customer service, quick inspection and they handed me a new in box controller with receipt.

I agree piece of paper sounds like bull, could you imagine if your fridge stopped working and Harvey Norman told you to contact the Manufacturer. Retailers act as agents between OEM and Customer and with that comes responsibility to provide redress in the case of faulty goods.

I got mine in Smyths no piece of paper but I did hear one sales assistant telling a guy it had to be brought back to Sony after 30 days but this wasn’t said to me. My nephew got a switch same store and was told 30 day store return but after that had to go to Nintendo. I think they just change their arm if it was pushed they would have to take the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

AdamD wrote: »
    Couple of controller questions:

On fifa for example, when I score a goal and the haptics come into effect, there's a weird rumbling noise from the controller that doesn't sound particularly healthy - anyone else getting that?

I'm also getting aim drift on the analogs, which whilst not a big deal is a bit ridiculous considering how new the controller is. Anyone else getting that too or have I got a bit of a dud controller?

I find that with FIFA as well.
    I gave Astro a spin last night to see of there was any issue, but the controller was fine for that game.
    I would say it is a FIFA issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

When you score a goal on FIFA, I figured it was just a light rumble to give the feeling of a packed stadium cheering the goal. Maybe I'm not experiencing what you are, I'll go and check when I'm on it next, but it's never felt like a bad thing to me tbh. I just figured it's one of the haptic features and can be turned off if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

shrewdness wrote: »
    When you score a goal on FIFA, I figured it was just a light rumble to give the feeling of a packed stadium cheering the goal. Maybe I'm not experiencing what you are, I'll go and check when I'm on it next, but it's never felt like a bad thing to me tbh. I just figured it's one of the haptic features and can be turned off if needed.

It is a light rumble but when I play without headphones the rumble just sounds a bit off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, it happens on fifa. It happens with another game ive played as well I can’t remember which one. But I think it’s just the effect they’re trying to put on with the rumble.

Was also getting very bad input lag last night in the menus for fifa.

I got mine in Smyths no piece of paper but I did hear one sales assistant telling a guy it had to be brought back to Sony after 30 days but this wasn’t said to me. My nephew got a switch same store and was told 30 day store return but after that had to go to Nintendo. I think they just change their arm if it was pushed they would have to take the return.

Exactly. There's no point going into Smyths to demand a guarantee that in the event something goes wrong with your console they will replace it. A giant waste of time for everyone involved. Even if they tell you they would it's meaningless. The only way you are going to find this out is if you try to get them to replace your faulty console.

Good to hear someone went to Smyths with a faulty ps5 controller and got it replaced no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Maneater free for PS5 this month.
    Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Parsnips wrote: »
    Nice one.

Never heard of it. Any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Parsnips wrote: »
    Nice one.
    GavK wrote: »

For about 5 minutes, after which you get bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

AdamD wrote: »

I noticed this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

GavK wrote: »

Its a great game, give it some time and upgrade the shark to the different modes and its brilliant fun.

Quite a challenge later in the game, I platinum'd it and would love a DLC.

PS5 update available also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its a great game, give it some time and upgrade the shark to the different modes and its brilliant fun.

Quite a challenge later in the game, I platinum'd it and would love a DLC.

PS5 update available also.

Am I doing something wrong or is it mostly about mashing the right trigger as fast as you can while trying to avoid accidentally breaching and losing sight of the alligator that's doing the same thing?

The concept seems ok, but it feels very very grindy.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

oeb wrote: »
    Am I doing something wrong or is it mostly about mashing the right trigger as fast as you can while trying to avoid accidentally breaching and losing sight of the alligator that's doing the same thing?

The concept seems ok, but it feels very very grindy.

Very very dissapointing.
    I Deleted it after 1hr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It's a great concept but it is so repetitive. A good example of creativity without execution. Since it's free it's worth a blast but as above don't expect to get more than an hour out of it.

Advertisement