Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Obviously its not gonna be everyones cup of tea, but if I stayed with it and platinumed it....its not that bad. I have played a hell of alot worse.

But each to their own.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Cant find a Pulse headset for love nor money. Are there any off brand options that would give the same quality and i can get from a B&M shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixXxer wrote: »
    Cant find a Pulse headset for love nor money. Are there any off brand options that would give the same quality and i can get from a B&M shop?

To be honest I don't think it's a great headset.

The battery life isn't great, the leatherette on the earcups is very hard and the cups themselves are quite small. I don't think they're the studiest either. They are nice and light though.

I've a set of A50s that I paid €200 for about 6 years ago and the battery life is better even at this stage and they are much more comfortable, especially with the bigger ear cups that are cloth.

Don't get me wrong, for €100 they're grand but if I was to buy again I'd up the budget a little and get something better.

Edit: Arctis P7 is probably what I should have bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd reiterate what TitianGerm noted, the Pulse headset is fine without being spectacular but it gets a lot of attention and kudos as its "the" Sony PS5 headset and the only wireless one. There's also a misnomer that its the only headset that can receive or deploy 3D Audio through Tempest.

My wired headset (Beyerdynamic T51i ) from four years ago is doing a fantastic job and really utilizes the 3D Audio well. So to answer your question, there are a lot of headsets that will give similar audio quality.

Appreciate the input lads. With three kids I cant really justify €200 on a headset :D

Would ye have recommendations around a similarish price point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Appreciate the input lads. With three kids I cant really justify €200 on a headset :D

I'm a firm believer of buy well once rather than buying cheaper and needing to replace.

If it was me I'd use earbuds that come with a phone for the time being and stick €10 a week to your €100 and you won't be long getting a better headset that will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

People are raving about the Steelseries Arctis 7P. They are hard to find now and cost €170.
    If you are looking for a little cheaper then Steelseries have cheaper Arctis 1, 3 and 5. Wired or wireless. Take your pick.

If you don't want to spend too much i'd recommend the Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless. Amazing set for the money and are multiplatform. (Well the Xbox version is).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

If you don't want to spend too much i'd recommend the Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless. Amazing set for the money and are multiplatform. (Well the Xbox version is).

I use the wired 1P on the playstation, and I can't complain at all about the 50 quid it cost me in argos.

The Artic 1 wireless is getting good reviews alright. Shame they seem to be hard to find as well :pac: 1st world problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

I would say if going with the arctis 1 just look for the Xbox version and only as a just in case and you get a Xbox at some point or win one haha.

they are identical just the Xbox dongle is better as it can flick between usb or Xbox. I got a pair myself and I really cant fault them. Using them currently with xbox and dolby atmos and its incredible, looking forward to firing them up with 3d audio on ps5

I have the Arctis Pro Wireless and Arctis 1 Wireless and both perform better than any gaming headsets i've had in the past.
    They must be sold out for a reason i suppose. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Any good online games I should look out for, got Siro installed during the week. Playing a bit of cod 2019 at the minute. Might go back in to destiny 2, used to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm gonna have to weigh in and say that I find the Pulse headset fantastic. I don't get the hard leather, mine are super soft and extremely comfortable. I forget that I'm wearing it some times. Battery last the entire night for me, that's usually from 11.30pm until 8.30am. Only once have I got the low battery warning on them. Controller usually runs out before the headset.

I have the corsair Void elite in white , EBUYER are selling the exact same headset yesterday for 40 sterling absolute bargain.

Its a very good headset but even better on PC with the 7.1 and side tone options which are not available on the PS5/PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have the corsair Void elite in white , EBUYER are selling the exact same headset yesterday for 40 sterling absolute bargain.

Its a very good headset but even better on PC with the 7.1 and side tone options which are not available on the PS5/PS4

I have this for my PC, for 40 quid, it's a no brainer. I'd almost get a second.

However, the mic is crap on it but I use that maybe twice a year so don't care too much

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

R2 button on my dualsense has lost all tension and strength. The slightest input and it triggers. The haptic feedback barley works on it. Feels very cheap. And I've not used it that much being honest. Odds on getting a replacement from gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Spooch wrote: »
    R2 button on my dualsense has lost all tension and strength. The slightest input and it triggers. The haptic feedback barley works on it. Feels very cheap. And I've not used it that much being honest. Odds on getting a replacement from gamestop?

Hi, I posted about the same issue with my controller about a month ago in this thread. I initially emailed playstation but got no reply. So I contacted Amazon whom I bought console off, and they offered me a refund for the price of a controller so I said yeah and took it. At the end of the call I asked would they be sending me a pre paid box or whatever for returns, he said no, no need to send it back as the item was damaged and not fit for purpose.

He then said I should pursue with sony to get the other one fixed. So I ordered a new one on Amazon with the refund and when that came, I rang playstation ( I was on hold for over an hour) and they said okay they'll take it and have a look, so I sent it in their prepaid box and I got it back completely fixed 8 working days later. I've been playing with it for the past 2 weeks or so and no issues noted so far. So I've now got 2 controllers!

I know Amazon customer service is usually far superior than most but hopefully you can have a similar success story!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Did anyone who ordered the Pulse headset online from Currys (I know a few of us did) get theirs yet? I've had nothing. On hold (again) with Currys customer service now.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

double GG wrote: »
    Hi, I posted about the same issue with my controller about a month ago in this thread. I initially emailed playstation but got no reply. So I contacted Amazon whom I bought console off, and they offered me a refund for the price of a controller so I said yeah and took it. At the end of the call I asked would they be sending me a pre paid box or whatever for returns, he said no, no need to send it back as the item was damaged and not fit for purpose.

He then said I should pursue with sony to get the other one fixed. So I ordered a new one on Amazon with the refund and when that came, I rang playstation ( I was on hold for over an hour) and they said okay they'll take it and have a look, so I sent it in their prepaid box and I got it back completely fixed 8 working days later. I've been playing with it for the past 2 weeks or so and no issues noted so far. So I've now got 2 controllers!

I know Amazon customer service is usually far superior than most but hopefully you can have a similar success story!

Unfortunately mine was purchased at Gamestop, they've told me they can't do anything with it until the lockdown ends. Recommended I go through Sony to get it fixed. Reassuring to know they got it sorted for you though!

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    I have this for my PC, for 40 quid, it's a no brainer. I'd almost get a second.

However, the mic is crap on it but I use that maybe twice a year so don't care too much

They must have updated the mic as mine is good, Im a bit of a geek like that and on the playstation and PC the lads all said it was very good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ironically not really playing any PS5 games on PS5. I got Demons Souls, which was probably a huge waste of money as I forgot how bloody annoying it is to play. Otherwise, not madly keen on Miles Morales, seeing it as more of the same having played Spiderman on PS4. Not much else piquing the interest in the way of PS5 games at the minute.

I am playing AC Valhalla which I understand is upscaled for PS5? It's brilliant fun so have been enjoying that. Otherwise am playing R6 Siege as always and will start with Outer Worlds or FF7 remake once that is complete.

Nothing on the Horizon looks that interesting either other than Hogwarts (which is miles off) and possibly Cyberpunk, if it can be fixed (the latter looks dissapointing anyway tbh, outside of bugs).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ironically not really playing any PS5 games on PS5. I got Demons Souls, which was probably a huge waste of money as I forgot how bloody annoying it is to play. Otherwise, not madly keen on Miles Morales, seeing it as more of the same having played Spiderman on PS4. Not much else piquing the interest in the way of PS5 games at the minute.

I am playing AC Valhalla which I understand is upscaled for PS5? It's brilliant fun so have been enjoying that. Otherwise am playing R6 Siege as always and will start with Outer Worlds or FF7 remake once that is complete.

I think it's gonna take a year or more before you see fully next gen games show the console capabilities. On the plus side I never had a PS4 so I'm catching up on the titles I missed cheaply and with better graphics etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

weemcd wrote: »
    I think it's gonna take a year or more before you see fully next gen games show the console capabilities. On the plus side I never had a PS4 so I'm catching up on the titles I missed cheaply and with better graphics etc

That PS Plus collection must be a godsend to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Markitron wrote: »
    That PS Plus collection must be a godsend to you

God of War so far, mate also lent me Resident Evil 2. I've got the last of us downloaded and Horizon there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

weemcd wrote: »
    God of War so far, mate also lent me Resident Evil 2. I've got the last of us downloaded and Horizon there too.

Give priority to TLOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Give priority to TLOU!

GoW and TLOU are both 10/10 all-time classics, can't go wrong with either. Horizon is also fantastic. Mad to think that within a year someone could be in the lucky position of playing all 3 of these games for the first time as well as their sequels.

I'm legit jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Give priority to TLOU!

I must give TLOU another go sometime. I've tried it twice now and just couldn't get into it at all but so many people keep saying how great it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Give priority to TLOU!

I'd much prefer the updated Resident Evil 2 to TLOU. And I think I'd also go for Horizon straight after RE2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I've a few ps5 titles but they've all been put on the back burner since I started Ghost of tsushima, it's unreal! Everything about it is top class

Days gone ain't too shabby either!

Having come from xbox I must say the PS4 exclusive titles seem to have something about them that xbox exclusives don't. I don't know is it just the storytelling in the games or what

Advertisement