Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Having come from xbox I must say the PS4 exclusive titles seem to have something about them that xbox exclusives don't. I don't know is it just the storytelling in the games or what

It's because they are actually good

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Like others here, I didn't have a PS4 as I was emulating older games on the computer.

Just completed Days Gone, what a fantastic game, one of my favourites of all time. Next up is either FF7 remake, HorizoZero Dawn, GoW or RE2.

Ooh I'm not sure. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Markitron wrote: »
    It's because they are actually good

Haha gears of War aside I'll agree!

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Haha gears of War aside I'll agree!

Yea I like Gears, I actually don't think Halo and Forza etc are bad or anything, they just don't interest me. I think MS have just been incredibly safe and limited with their exclusives, it has pretty much been Gears/Halo/Forza for about a decade now.

At least it seems they are looking to change that now, but they have seemed that way before too.
    Kamu wrote: »
    Like others here, I didn't have a PS4 as I was emulating older games on the computer.

Just completed Days Gone, what a fantastic game, one of my favourites of all time. Next up is either FF7 remake, HorizoZero Dawn, GoW or RE2.

Unless you are immune to open-world fatigue, I would go with something linear next. Either way it is a very nice problem to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea I like Gears, I actually don't think Halo and Forza etc are bad or anything, they just don't interest me. I think MS have just been incredibly safe and limited with their exclusives, it has pretty much been Gears/Halo/Forza for about a decade now.

At least it seems they are looking to change that now, but they have seemed that way before too.

Unless you are immune to open-world fatigue, I would go with something linear next. Either way it is a very nice problem to have.

When set beside the playstation exclusive driving game, gran turismo, it wilts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Kamu wrote: »

In the same both with not having a PS4 previously, The Last of Us is amazing, completed it there over Xmas. Playing MM at the moment and while good I am finding it harder to get into compared to TLOU.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

madmoe wrote: »
    In the same both with not having a PS4 previously, The Last of Us is amazing, completed it there over Xmas. Playing MM at the moment and while good I am finding it harder to get into compared to TLOU.

Cheers,
    M

I forgot I had Miles Morales to play too. I got the ultimate edition which came with the Spiderman, so I completed that (also a great game) but wanted a break from that style.

Not really pushed to play MM though, I completed TLOU1 on the PS3, I'll need to the the second one as well.

Ah my gaming year will be filled with classics. :D

duploelabs wrote: »
    When set beside the playstation exclusive driving game, gran turismo, it wilts

I have always enjoyed GT but never felt a compulsion to play Forza. I gave one of the Horizon games a good try but I just don't like the concept of an open world driving game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm about to finish Miles Morales and need to choose which game to play next. What say ye? The contenders are:

Ghost of Tsushima
    Death Stranding
    Watch Dogs (PS5)
    Demon Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm about to finish Miles Morales and need to choose which game to play next. What say ye? The contenders are:

Ghost of Tsushima
    Death Stranding
    Watch Dogs (PS5)
    Demon Souls

Death Stranding is outstanding, but you wont know if you love it without playing it. People give opinions on it but it needs to be experienced.

• Advertisement

Ghost of Tsushima
    Death Stranding
    Watch Dogs (PS5)
    Demon Souls

I would put Watchdogs at the end of that list, you can't go wrong with any of the other 3.

Well Death Stranding is an extremely acquired taste, I am one of the people that think it is a masterpiece but there are just as many that think its a complete piece of **** made by a egomaniac - I can't argue with them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ghost of Tsushima
    Death Stranding
    Watch Dogs (PS5)
    Demon Souls

GoT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

fixXxer wrote: »
    Cant find a Pulse headset for love nor money. Are there any off brand options that would give the same quality and i can get from a B&M shop?

Hey, I literally just went into Tesco and got a headset. I had exactly €100 on a voucher so happy enough to get the Sony one. I’m not streaming on twitch or chatting online :)

If they’ve none on the shelf, ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hey, I literally just went into Tesco and got a headset. I had exactly €100 on a voucher so happy enough to get the Sony one. I’m not streaming on twitch or chatting online :)

If they’ve none on the shelf, ask them

Where? None of my local Tesco sell gaming stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

fixXxer wrote: »
    Where? None of my local Tesco sell gaming stuff.

Naas...if your local doesn’t sell games usually then they won’t stock the headset

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Just finished Fallen Order on PS5 and would recommend for anyone that hasn't played it.
    Locked 60FPS and only one crash throughout the entire playthrough.
    Should be cheap too. Got for 18e on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    Just finished Fallen Order on PS5 and would recommend for anyone that hasn't played it.

It’s also on EA Play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It’s also on EA Play

Get a months EA access for €4. Plenty of time to finish the game.

MikeRyan87 wrote: »

The 60 FPS mode is limited to 1080p isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Just finished days gone, great game :)

Bring on God of war. Hoo ra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Noticed on Harvey Norman website you can now order the docking Station for anyone interested in buying one.just says "Available for order"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭jj880

padair wrote: »
    Just finished days gone, great game :)

Bring on God of war. Hoo ra

Waiting on the same here myself. I reckon I could be up until 3am / 4am after this finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Noticed on Harvey Norman website you can now order the docking Station for anyone interested in buying one.just says "Available for order"

Got one on Amazon about a week after launch for about 40 euro. Its grand, 3 usb connectors on front and charges two controllers aswell as a fan built in. The fan has an on off switch so its not on constantly, but its not noisy if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Got one on Amazon about a week after launch for about 40 euro. Its grand, 3 usb connectors on front and charges two controllers aswell as a fan built in. The fan has an on off switch so its not on constantly, but its not noisy if it was.

Weird. I ordered mine before launch fro Amazon. Gave me a date a few weeks from then for delivery...... then changed to January...... then was cancelled completely.

Hopefully Harvey Norman can come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone noticing their PS5 turning itself on in the middle of the night? I have it in rest mode and the controllers/tv weren’t touched. I had this issue with an original PS 4 too but only in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone noticing their PS5 turning itself on in the middle of the night? I have it in rest mode and the controllers/tv weren’t touched. I had this issue with an original PS 4 too but only in the past year.

That's odd. Probably something turning it on then. I have never had it happen to me on PS4 or PS5.
    Any reported hauntings in your area? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Anybody playing Battlefield 5 on PS5?
    Can you still play MP with PS4 players and is there any other issues?
    Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,018 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, has happened a couple of times on me. I stop using Rest Mode then go back using it again and it's fine and it happens again at some stage. There's no "You didn't power it off properly" message, so seems like it's shutting down correctly at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yup, has happened me 3 times now. Getting the same message - you didn't power down correctly and extended storage needs repair

• Advertisement

Ghost of Tsushima
    Death Stranding
    Watch Dogs (PS5)
    Demon Souls

Death stranding, I will never play it again, but wow, the first playthrough is such an amazing experience.

Advertisement