Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Finished the main story and all the side missions on Cyberpunk there today so gonna take a break on there hopefully the next-gen edition won't be a million miles away.

So what should I play next? Go back and play more No Mans Sky? Go back and actually play Demons Souls!? no matter how much it will kill me inside :pac:

There are also some other games like Days Gone and Detroit Become Human I haven't played and Control being free in a few days!

From the games you’ve mentioned, I’d go with Days Gone.

Or if you’re open to suggestions... Death Stranding. Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Got Death Stranding on release and finished it (Loved the game)

Ya, I've heard a lot of good things about Days Gone plus the fact it's free. I will have to go back and play Demons Souls at some point though as I can't let it get better of me and ya it would be a waste of money otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And I'll be the opposite and call Death Stranding a Postman Simulator which is pure marmite and I hated it, and Days Gone is very meh to me.

So I'd recommend Control, or God of War if you haven't already played it.

And I'll be the opposite and call Death Stranding a Postman Simulator which is pure marmite and I hated it, and Days Gone is very meh to me.

So I'd recommend Control, or God of War if you haven't already played it.

Control will be downloaded for sure and Ive already played God of War so i await the next one!!

And I'll be the opposite and call Death Stranding a Postman Simulator which is pure marmite and I hated it

It’s pretty divisive alright. How long did you stick with it for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Death Stranding is a magnificent game. Love it

It’s pretty divisive alright. How long did you stick with it for?

Checked it there, 5 hours it's saying. Some people may consider that not enough, but I had enough at that stage. Traversal is supposed to get better later on, but what also put me off it was the social and "shared building" aspect of it, made me feel like I was posting on Facebook looking for likes. Didn't like the idea of it at all. And of those 5 hours, I'd say at least 1 was on cutscenes and 3 of it was just walking. Holding both shoulder triggers and pressing forward. Or waiting under a rock while it's raining. Or sleeping. Really. Boring. Stuff.

Checked it there, 5 hours it's saying. Some people may consider that not enough, but I had enough at that stage. Traversal is supposed to get better later on, but what also put me off it was the social and "shared building" aspect of it, made me feel like I was posting on Facebook looking for likes. Didn't like the idea of it at all. And of those 5 hours, I'd say at least 1 was on cutscenes and 3 of it was just walking. Holding both shoulder triggers and pressing forward. Or waiting under a rock while it's raining. Or sleeping. Really. Boring. Stuff.

I agree with you. It’s ****e for about 8 hours. Then it’s spectacular.

Shame. I don't think I could go through that again just to see if it gets spectacular for me. I can't see it tbh. Might just YT the story some day, but I think that's a commitment in itself too. Just checked, 11 hours 17 minutes of just cut-scenes...

If a game doesn't get me in the first few hours, it probably won't. I'm the same with Days Gone, the Soulsborne games, any FF i've tried, basically every turn based game save for 2, Elite Dangerous, and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I agree with you. It’s ****e for about 8 hours. Then it’s spectacular.

You shouldn't have to go through 8 hours of ****e to get to something good.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to go through 8 hours of ****e to get to something good.

Agreed. I’m not justifying it, I was frustrated as hell. I’m delighted I stuck it out though. I ended up putting 150 hours into it to platinum it.

I honestly never felt I was going threw hours of ****e to get to the good stuff with Death Stranding. I enjoyed it from the get-go I love Kojima's style with storytelling in general and this game really sucked me in. It's easily one of the best story-wise I've ever played.

I enjoyed the gameplay as well especially considering I heard all kinds about it beforehand thinking Jesus is this gonna be bad!

No overall I didn't have many complaints with the game at all ya I didn't go back to it after finishing it but ill put that down to the fact I usually have so many games to get threw ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

Was lucky enough to get a PS5 from the Smyths drop that happened Saturday.

Just wondering if games ordered from the UK will work over here? I know they did on PS4 but I remember with PS3 there was something about particular "bles" codes. Correct me if I'm wrong! ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

enryb12 wrote: »
    Was lucky enough to get a PS5 from the Smyths drop that happened Saturday.

Just wondering if games ordered from the UK will work over here? I know they did on PS4 but I remember with PS3 there was something about particular "bles" codes. Correct me if I'm wrong! ðŸ˜

They will work here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

just a quick thought

why the furck hasnt EA sports or the likes brought out a horse racing game on ps5?

thats literally my dream !

played g1 champion jockey on ps3 and was pure class

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

akelly02 wrote: »
    just a quick thought

why the furck hasnt EA sports or the likes brought out a horse racing game on ps5?

If i remember rightly most of the time I saw any type of game like that was on play-asia for japan market etc.

Kimbot wrote: »
    If i remember rightly most of the time I saw any type of game like that was on play-asia for japan market etc.

i take it there was no english language option on them?

i take it there was no english language option on them?

I don't think so, it's a long tíme ago but I had a loan of some jap version in ps2 and no English in that at all so was pretty useless

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

just a quick thought

I couldn't see it being a massive seller. What would the point of the game even be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I couldn't see it being a massive seller. What would the point of the game even be?

The jockey with the most knackered testicles becomes World Champion!!!

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »

not being smart but , horse racing .

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I think Nintendo Switch has My Little Pony game 😀

Only messing.....

Some of my own would buy PS Horse racing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

After looking at a YouTube video of the jockey game you mentioned, it confirms what I thought; the gameplay for a horse racing game looks incredibly bland and limited, and I think the game would have a very limited appeal for a developer to put enough effort into.

I get that it could be enjoyable for those into the sport, but I can't see how any developer could make decent, rewarding gameplay out of it to cater to enough people (including those not that into the sport) to make it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Penn wrote: »
    After looking at a YouTube video of the jockey game you mentioned, it confirms what I thought; the gameplay for a horse racing game looks incredibly bland and limited, and I think the game would have a very limited appeal for a developer to put enough effort into.

I get that it could be enjoyable for those into the sport, but I can't see how any developer could make decent, rewarding gameplay out of it to cater to enough people (including those not that into the sport) to make it worth it.

If you can make a game about goats.... well ... think horse racing has more going for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The free God of War PS5 patch drops tomorrow apparently. 4K at 60 FPS, essentially.

If you can make a game about goats.... well ... think horse racing has more going for it

If the horse can push people off a cliff, blow up petrol stations and fly around with a jet-pack, then sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If the horse can push people off a cliff, blow up petrol stations and fly around with a jet-pack, then sign me up!

Or at the very least make it like Road Rash where you whip other jockeys rather than the horse, and the track isn't just a big oval. Maybe some jumps, and tricks you can do in mid-air. And instead of horses it's snowboards.

Just remake SSX Tricky, you ****s!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

j

It's on PS Now if you want to revisit it.

(There's also Horse Racing 2016 on PS4, but it's not suppose to be very good

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP8934-CUSA04561_00-HORSERACING20161

)

There is also a game called "Phar Lap Horse racing" on the playstation store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    The free God of War PS5 patch drops tomorrow apparently. 4K at 60 FPS, essentially.

will that include the ps+ version?

Advertisement