Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Control on PS Plus, there's 2 versions listed. One is for PS4, weighing in about 25gb. The other is unlabelled by system, and weighs in at 50gb or so. I'm assuming the bigger of the 2 is the PS5 version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Control on PS Plus, there's 2 versions listed. One is for PS4, weighing in about 25gb. The other is unlabelled by system, and weighs in at 50gb or so. I'm assuming the bigger of the 2 is the PS5 version

I have it on XBXSX, so haven't bothered downloading on PS5 yet. But I believe the PS5 version is 25-26GB. It's nearly half the size of the XBXSX, due to better compression on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

bazzz wrote: »
    I have it on XBXSX, so haven't bothered downloading on PS5 yet. But I believe the PS5 version is 25-26GB. It's nearly half the size of the XBXSX, due to better compression on PS5.

The PS4 version is 38gbs when downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

before christmas my wifes friend couldnt find a ps5 and was her sons last year with santa as he was 12... i was soft and gave her my ps5 for her son as i hate to see kids disappointed at christmas and i also have a series x....

im looking to get a ps5 again as tbh i am raging i gave it to her. any word on stocks coming back? know anywhere i can get a ps5 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea the unlabeled one is the PS5.

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    The PS4 version is 38gbs when downloaded

Yep as I said the PS5 initial download is 25-26GB in size, due to better compression.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea the unlabeled one is the PS5.

I had the unlabelled one set to download, but after seeing some posts here, went downstairs there to check it out. If you click into the thumbnail with the PS4 label on it, you are given the choice of which version to download PS5 or PS4

I had the unlabelled one set to download, but after seeing some posts here, went downstairs there to check it out. If you click into the thumbnail with the PS4 label on it, you are given the choice of which version to download PS5 or PS4

I did a search for it earlier, it returned 2 results, one was unlabeled and one was labeled PS4. Downloaded the unlabeled one and it was in fact the PS5 version. I didn't look at the file sizes.

If you've added it to your Library, go there and click on the icon for it. Now on the next page where it says download, click on the three dots beside it. If it says PS4/Full/ Control Ultimate.....This means you are currently on the PS5 version. If you click on that PS4/Full/ Control Ultimate version listed there, you'll get the PS4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

bazzz wrote: »
    If you've added it to your Library, go there and click on the icon for it. Now on the next page where it says download, click on the three dots beside it. If it says PS4/Full/ Control Ultimate.....This means you are currently on the PS5 version. If you click on that PS4/Full/ Control Ultimate version listed there, you'll get the PS4 version.

They really need to simplify the whole process on the ps5 on these types of games.

Another thing that wrecks my head is the lack of update info on the PS5 for games they have actually gone backwards. The PS4 version gave you the actual contents of the update not a vague number and nothing else. The PS5 even does it for the ps4 games so its an odd omission

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »
    They really need to simplify the whole process on the ps5 on these types of games.

Another thing that wrecks my head is the lack of update info on the PS5 for games they have actually gone backwards. The PS4 version gave you the actual contents of the update not a vague number and nothing else. The PS5 even does it for the ps4 games so its an odd omission

They'll streamline it over time, I'd say. Lots of people looking for the same changes.... easy access to console specific versions and patch notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just playing fortnite there and I noticed the right r2 trigger is gone weird. Slightest touch now and you shoot. R2 does not feel tight at all anymore. Rub your finger over the r2 even slightly and it moves down, have another controller just took it out of wrapper and this isn't the case, like a spring or something is gone in it. Anyone else have this problem? Is the spring gone in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just playing fortnite there and I noticed the right r2 trigger is gone weird. Slightest touch now and you shoot. R2 does not feel tight at all anymore. Rub your finger over the r2 even slightly and it moves down, have another controller just took it out of wrapper and this isn't the case, like a spring or something is gone in it. Anyone else have this problem? Is the spring gone in it?

Mine is like that too. Lots of broken controllers this gen I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Another one bites the dust.

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    Mine is like that too. Lots of broken controllers this gen I think.

Anything can be done? Seems a joke that only have it slightly over 2 mths and gone like that already. Really bad fault in it reading it here and watching videos on YouTube. I wouldn't be comfortable taking it apart and trying to fix the spring issue if that's what is wrong with it which I presume it is

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Another one bites the dust.

Ha that bad on this thread with this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ha that bad on this thread with this issue?

Think there's been five or six so far but for it to be happening so early it's a bit of a worry. You'd hope Sony have plenty of controllers available to replace the broken ones with.

Mine doesn't feel as tight as it was so I'd guess mine is on the way out as well. I've only played about 60-70 hours since i got the console at Christmas.

Yea I had this problem last week. Its probably more of an irritant than anything else but I still want it replaced.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Think there's been five or six so far but for it to be happening so early it's a bit of a worry. You'd hope Sony have plenty of controllers available to replace the broken ones with.

Mine doesn't feel as tight as it was so I'd guess mine is on the way out as well. I've only played about 60-70 hours since i got the console at Christmas.
    yeah that's not good at all if happening to that amount of people after this short time. Have to sort it out for future sales etc. Anyone contact the retailer in regards to it and get a replacement?

Yea I had this problem last week. Its probably more of an irritant than anything else but I still want it replaced.

Yes for sure it's very annoying. Running along and you slightly brush against it and it shoots. Would like it replaced as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I didn't get the issue ye were getting above with Control. I accessed the store on the laptop and clicked into Subscriptions, PS+, showed the 3 games, clicked into Control and it gave me 3 options, Ultimate PS4, Standard PS4, and Ultimate PS4/PS5. Added both the PS4 and the PS5 one, just cuz. I reckon the store is so much better now, and it's fantastic on the PS5, great to be able to go directly to the store page of a game from anywhere, and the fact that the store doesn't require a separate app to load.

For the DualSense, mine is still the way it was since day 1. Only "issue" is the X button squeaks sometimes, but you can barely hear it so not worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Rushing this morning I subscribed 12 months to PS Now instead of PS Plus - duh

Not seeing much value in PS Now for PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Rushing this morning I subscribed 12 months to PS Now instead of PS Plus - duh

Not seeing much value in PS Now for PS5?

I did the same when I got my ps5. You can get a refund on it and then use the refund for psplus

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

padair wrote: »
    I did the same when I got my ps5. You can get a refund on it and then use the refund for psplus

I’ve since purchased PS Plus and tried to get a refund via live chat but could not get connected.

How you get your refund?

Ta.

yeah that's not good at all if happening to that amount of people after this short time. Have to sort it out for future sales etc. Anyone contact the retailer in regards to it and get a replacement?

I have contacted Smyths several times and they keep telling me it is Sony's problem. This is the last email I got from them after I came back to them and told them Sony said it was up to them to replace it:

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to hear about this. Furthermore, I am afraid our software warranty only extends as far as 30 days, afterwards, the fault lies with Sony.

I can only advise you wait until our stores reopen and bring it in, here a manager may be able to help at their on discretion.

Please note, we've extended our returns policy for Christmas. Items purchased from 7th September 2020 can be returned until the 31st of January 2021. We have also extended our returns policy by an additional 28 days from the Store re-opening date.

Our stores in Northern Ireland, ROI and Scotland remain closed and we have extended our returns policy to an additional 28 days from the Store re-opening date.

The date for re-opening our Northern Ireland and Scottish stores is subject to government guidelines and yet to be confirmed.
    Our Welsh and English stores will continue to operate Click & Collect and returns.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any further queries.

Best wishes,

This all seems wishy washy AF, a manager MAY be able to help me? What is this, a ****ing faulty item lottery system? Also wtf is with them telling me about the Scottish and NI stores? I bought it in Ireland

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have contacted Smyths several times and they keep telling me it is Sony's problem. This is the last email I got from them after I came back to them and told them Sony said it was up to them to replace it:

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to hear about this. Furthermore, I am afraid our software warranty only extends as far as 30 days, afterwards, the fault lies with Sony.

I can only advise you wait until our stores reopen and bring it in, here a manager may be able to help at their on discretion.

Please note, we've extended our returns policy for Christmas. Items purchased from 7th September 2020 can be returned until the 31st of January 2021. We have also extended our returns policy by an additional 28 days from the Store re-opening date.

Our stores in Northern Ireland, ROI and Scotland remain closed and we have extended our returns policy to an additional 28 days from the Store re-opening date.

The date for re-opening our Northern Ireland and Scottish stores is subject to government guidelines and yet to be confirmed.
    Our Welsh and English stores will continue to operate Click & Collect and returns.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any further queries.

Best wishes,

This all seems wishy washy AF, a manager MAY be able to help me? What is this, a ****ing faulty item lottery system? Also wtf is with them telling me about the Scottish and NI stores? I bought it in Ireland

Straight away the error in their way is there in their own email. The controller issue is not software related so reply and tell them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    I’ve since purchased PS Plus and tried to get a refund via live chat but could not get connected.

How you get your refund?

Ta.

Use the following link

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/support/contact-us/contact-form/

Kimbot wrote: »
    Straight away the error in their way is there in their own email. The controller issue is not software related so reply and tell them that.

I say Gamestop will say the exact same thing. I can see this being an issue with the controller down the line for Sony if already happening and the machine is only about 2 and a half mths old.

I say Gamestop will say the exact same thing. I can see this being an issue with the controller down the line for Sony if already happening and the machine is only about 2 and a half mths old.

I’m not 100% sure what to do, I never actually contacted Sony, if I do they will likely take it away for repair/replacement and I will be left without for a month probably. I’m not mad about the idea of going back into Smyths and chancing my arm on whether or not they will replace it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I’m not 100% sure what to do, I never actually contacted Sony, if I do they will likely take it away for repair/replacement and I will be left without for a month probably. I’m not mad about the idea of going back into Smyths and chancing my arm on whether or not they will replace it.

I'd actually email them back and send them links to the relevant parts of the consumer law that covers this.

It's infuriating that places try and pull this. Contract is with retailer and not the manufacturer.

Advertisement