Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

petes wrote: »
    I'd actually email them back and send them links to the relevant parts of the consumer law that covers this.

It's infuriating that places try and pull this. Contract is with retailer and not the manufacturer.

I know when I had issues with the xbox 360 back in the day gamestop wouldn't take it back as over 30 days so was shipped back to Microsoft and they fixed it. Its annoying as you would think store would have to replace it or them take it back to get it fixed

Markitron wrote: »
    I’m not 100% sure what to do, I never actually contacted Sony, if I do they will likely take it away for repair/replacement and I will be left without for a month probably. I’m not mad about the idea of going back into Smyths and chancing my arm on whether or not they will replace it.
    it's more when will they even be open for you to even try to go back in and they could easily just say no then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

RGARDINR wrote: »
    it's more when will they even be open for you to even try to go back in and they could easily just say no then

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

https://thecai.ie/your-rights/your-rights/know-your-rights/

'When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair.'

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Your contract is definitely with the store you bought it off. You also have a manufacturing warranty but the store should not be refusing you after 28 days that’s rubbish. It’s unfortunate that more and more stores are pulling this stunt with customers. The last time I had this issue with curry’s I just asked for the manager and while they were getting him I rang the consumer association on the phone. When he came out the nice lady in the consumers associations told him he was wrong and he replaced my product. He wasn’t happy but he made look very stupid.

But shouldn’t have to do that it’s just bad customer service and in breach of your rights.

• Advertisement

https://thecai.ie/your-rights/your-rights/know-your-rights/

'When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair.'

I think it's the repair they offer but it's more send it back to the company. Its weird cos I know gamestop do it on new machines they give you 30 days and then after that you send it back to manufacturer but if a 2nd hand console you buy in store with them they give you a year warranty on it for in store but yet new machine only 30 days. Sure I had to buy a new switch controller the other day as they have issue with their analogue stick. Little lad only got it over a year but noticed issue about a mth ago. 85 euro. Just with the ps5 controller it's happening v v fast on people

Your contract is definitely with the store you bought it off. You also have a manufacturing warranty but the store should not be refusing you after 28 days that’s rubbish. It’s unfortunate that more and more stores are pulling this stunt with customers. The last time I had this issue with curry’s I just asked for the manager and while they were getting him I rang the consumer association on the phone. When he came out the nice lady in the consumers associations told him he was wrong and he replaced my product. He wasn’t happy but he made look very stupid.

But shouldn’t have to do that it’s just bad customer service and in breach of your rights.
    It's wrong it should be a year, it's harder for you to send back to manufacturer etc. Puts the pressure on you so much easier to return to store and then let the store get a new 1 from manufacturer and send faulty 1 back to them.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    It's wrong it should be a year, it's harder for you to send back to manufacturer etc. Puts the pressure on you so much easier to return to store and then let the store get a new 1 from manufacturer and send faulty 1 back to them.

It’s actually be even longer then a year depending on other factors but for a new product 1yr is the minimum you would expect without having to go through a load of hassle. Shops just don’t want the hassle or cost I’d imagine and it seems to be a new way of doing business in some stores. Smyths were even telling people when they bought the PS5 they only had 28 days completely against your rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Honestly, I think they just don't want the hassle and I'm sure some people end up going back to the manufacturer because they believe the retailer.

Doesn't take away from the fact that it's with the retailer and as long as you are equipped with the knowledge you should be fine, also goes without saying, don't be an arse about it lol.

On PS5 related stuff Fenyx rising came in the post this morning.

New tv came yesterday and had a go at God of War, some difference than my old tv. Did pull a muscle in my neck getting it up the stairs though ffs so a bit awkward at the minute 😂

Honestly, I think they just don't want the hassle and I'm sure some people end up going back to the manufacturer because they believe the retailer.

Doesn't take away from the fact that it's with the retailer and as long as you are equipped with the knowledge you should be fine, also goes without sayi, don't be an arse about it lol.

On PS5 related stuff Fenyx rising came in the post this morning.

New tv came yes and had a go at God of War, some difference than my old tv. Did pull a muscle in my neck getting it up the stairs thou ffs so a bit awkward at the minute 😂

Yeah don’t be an arse is the key part of it really. I usually ask the assistant and when they say no I just ask for a manger the shop assistants infairness have no say so no point in given them a hard time. I find once your polite and make your point clear most of them just give in. As you say I think they just hope by fobbing people if they will go to the manufacturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Believe there is a new Firmware update out today that fixes some issues with PS4 games re-installing from disc when they should have booted up into PS5 upgraded versions instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Getting a weird issue with control ultimate edition. I platnium'd the main game on the ps4 and had completed two of the DLC so downloaded the PS5 ultimate version but my save game is not showing up and a new set of trophies are on the list at 0%. I thought i could continue on from my ps4 pro save game (i transferred it over from the cloud)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

jones wrote: »
    Getting a weird issue with control ultimate edition. I platnium'd the main game on the ps4 and had completed two of the DLC so downloaded the PS5 ultimate version but my save game is not showing up and a new set of trophies are on the list at 0%. I thought i could continue on from my ps4 pro save game (i transferred it over from the cloud)

Was your copy of Control on the PS4 a disk copy? I'm having the same issue with Days Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I don't think it's possible to use your PS4 save file on the upgraded PS5 version of Control. Something to do with engine changes and how it handles data from what I remember reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I don't think it's possible to use your PS4 save file on the upgraded PS5 version of Control. Something to do with engine changes and how it handles data from what I remember reading.

Yep. I got the ps4 version about a year ago, none of my saves crossed over to the version just out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Was your copy of Control on the PS4 a disk copy? I'm having the same issue with Days Gone.

No wasn't a disk copy bought off the store but seems it's a known thing from other posters. I thought i was doing something wrong. Not sure if i'd replay it again from scratch so soon.

Cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry if already posted but anyone playing Control, turn vibration down low or off to not be annoyed by rumble from just running around and turn trigger effect to 0, there is way too much quick shooting in this game to have the trigger fight you everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

No wasn't a disk copy bought off the store but seems it's a known thing from other posters. I thought i was doing something wrong. Not sure if i'd replay it again from scratch so soon.

Cheers folks

I went back to the DLC at Christmas after about a year break from finishing the base game and I didn't enjoy it half as much as I thought I would. Finished the DLC but I'd have zero interest in playing the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

When I downloaded the R6S PS5 update, they gave me all the trophies again. I platinumed R6S on PS4 (only game I've ever platinumed), and now I have 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Apologies in advance-

Will any external hard drive do to store games?
    Or doe you need a specific kind/type ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

greenspurs wrote: »
    Apologies in advance-

Think it needs to be USB 3.0 at least

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

greenspurs wrote: »
    Apologies in advance-

I got this one for my PS5, works a dream

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076H6TZ7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Smyths have the charging station in stock now

delivery before 11/02

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Played about an hour of Control seems interesting enough something different im sure ill get into it more on my next day off.

Played threw the tutorial on Destruction all-stars or whatever it's called that was enough for me :pac:. Would be a game id only play with a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Quick question for anyone with a physical PS5 disc of a game. Can you purchase the digital version? I want to get Valhalla digital but have it already physical and played a bit. The store will only allow me to download the standard version of the game, or pay full whack for the Gold edition (which I've already purchased physically). Anyone experiencing the same? Seems to only be for Valhalla too, can buy the standard version (and other versions) of Godfall, which I bought physically also, but only the standard version.

At least they fixed the disc install issue. Must check to see if it still randomly spins regardless of what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Played about an hour of Control seems interesting enough something different im sure ill get into it more on my next day off.

Played threw the tutorial on Destruction all-stars or whatever it's called that was enough for me :pac:. Would be a game id only play with a few mates.

Yeah whilst destruction all stars was decent it will prob only get a few random outings for me

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Quick question for anyone with a physical PS5 disc of a game. Can you purchase the digital version? I want to get Valhalla digital but have it already physical and played a bit. The store will only allow me to download the standard version of the game, or pay full whack for the Gold edition (which I've already purchased physically). Anyone experiencing the same? Seems to only be for Valhalla too, can buy the standard version (and other versions) of Godfall, which I bought physically also, but only the standard version.

At least they fixed the disc install issue. Must check to see if it still randomly spins regardless of what you're doing.

Sorry
    this doesnt make any sense to me.
    Why go digital if you have the disc already.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

now that people have had the ps5 for a while, do you reckon it was worth it (over a PS4 pro)?
    I'm thinking to wait til near the end of the year, probably until gow2 gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

limitedIQ wrote: »
    now that people have had the ps5 for a while, do you reckon it was worth it (over a PS4 pro)?
    I'm thinking to wait til near the end of the year, probably until gow2 gets released.

Absolutely, for 2 reasons:
    1: I got to play the incredible Demon's Souls.
    2: I can actually hear my games now instead of listening to my PS4 Pro fans instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

limitedIQ wrote: »

It's grand like. There are some quality of life improvements that are very nice (loading times, especially if you haven't experienced SSDs on PC) but the console has had problems (external drives, database rebuilds, controllers breaking) and there are features missing.

I wouldn't say you need to run out and buy one now but your not going to save any money by waiting either as there won't be a price drop anytime soon. If you can get one and you have the money then you might as well buy now.

Advertisement